nForce OS X Mountain Lion (10.8) APP STORE DOWNLOAD INSTALL GUIDE on a Series 6 or 7 nForce chipset / Intel CPU MOBO

nForce chipset + Intel CPU nForce 650i and 650i Ultra nForce 750i and 780i nForce 790i and 790i Ultra Possibly nForce 630i nForce 680i

• Please log in to reply
203 replies to this topic

naythinjuromeh

naythinjuromeh

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

See how you just underlined the word "and"? That is usually done when the word has been made into an html link.

Its very hard to figure out what is a link and what isnt a link with your post.

Also the splitting of parts makes no sense. 

Why not make a guide in steps

Example:

Step 1. download this

Step 2. do this

Step 3. make sure this is done

The very first step should be explaining how to install with no AHCI support. 

Gringo Vermelho

Gringo Vermelho

The Jan Bird fix

• Supervisors
  • 5,857 posts

It's time you start asking actual questions on how to proceed with your installation, and stop criticizing the guide.

verdant

verdant

InsanelyMac V.I.P.

• Gurus
  • 5,512 posts
  • Interests:At home, I have the following computers......
    >
    >
    >

@ naythinjuromeh

Factually, the many positive comments on the usefulness of all my nForce guides for OS X 10.5.x, 10.6.x, 10.7.x, 10.8.x, and 10.9.x far outweigh the very few negative comments, such as yours.......in any event, no one is forcing you to read the guide, even less use it........

However, if and when you decide to read and follow what I have written, asking me for help by means of specific questions when you become "confused" or "stuck" at any stage in the guide, rather than saying "what you expect me to do" and "what you would have done in my place" and "what I should now be doing", remembering that I have given and continue to give freely of my time to help IM members in return for the help I have received/receive from other IM members, then I will respond to your posts to help you (even re-activating download links when required)......my help is a freely offered gift NOT an expected obligation!

MegaloDon

MegaloDon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Donators
  • 55 posts

Just because you see something underlined, does NOT mean it is a download link.  Underlining has been used in the English language to emphasize a word or words for centuries before the internet was invented.  If you move your mouse over a suspected link and it changes to a hand, it is most likely a link.  Don't criticize the guide because you assume that everything underlined or highlighted MUST be a link.

Also the "splitting" does make sense.  Something called sections or chapters, etc. also used for centuries in the English language.  Like I said before, not everything applies to everyone.  You first have to READ to see what part applies to you, and it TELLS you where to go next.  I think Verdant did a very good job trying to cover all possibilities for different users and I'm sure he is sorry he didn't tailor the process just for you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   Web hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy