11 replies to this topic

cdyFlorian

cdyFlorian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello everybody,

these are my Kexts to run Mac OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion on a Dell Precision M4400 with Nvidia Quadro FX 770M.

What works:

- Nvidia Card
- Sound & Mic
- Trackpad & Keyboard
- Ethernet, Bluetooth & Wlan
- Firewire
- SDHC

Not working:

- Sleep
- Shutdown

Not tested:

Webcam, Smartcard Reader

Instructions:

- Install the Kexts from the "SLE" Folder into System/Library/Extensions with Kext Wizard
- Move The "Extra" to /(ML Volume)
- Run the myHack Application -> "Run myFix" -> "/(ML Volume)" -> "Full" and wait a couple of Minutes.
- Boot with ML

Enjoy :-)

http://www.osx86.net...sion_m4400.html

marugby123

marugby123

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 297 posts
  • Interests:All technology, computers, network security, iOS app dev, etc
I have moved this to the correct forum.

Marugby123
InsanelyMac Netbook Moderator

cdyFlorian

cdyFlorian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Thank you :-)

cancarrone

cancarrone

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Hello, can you tell me which installation method you used, I tried it with retai GM usb version but always stops at PCI configuration etc. .. Thanks ..

cdyFlorian

cdyFlorian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
I used the actual Chimera Bootloader and replaced the IOPCIFamily.kext from SLE into System/Library/Extensions

kahuna0k

kahuna0k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts
Do you have working C-states with this configuration? I mean does the AppleLPC kext loads correctly?

Regards,

LatinMcG

LatinMcG

Insanely digesting DSDT

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,509 posts
dells always say LPC config error.

nightalon

nightalon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
Would you mind specifying what you did to get the GPU working? I used to have the 770M until my motherboard was replaced and Dell gave me a 1700M. I think I need (likely) to mod the NVHAL kext with the proper DevID, and (possibly) a GFX string in my chameleon.plist as well.

Did you generate your DSDT.aml using 4 GB RAM and Bios A27? Otherwise I will have to re-do my DSDT file. (Easy, but I'm still having trouble booting... :-( )

cdyFlorian

cdyFlorian

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts
Hello, i have edited the NVhal, Geforce and NVDAResman.kext

You can try the same and insert in IOPCIMatch "0x065a10de&0xffe0ffff" for your 1700M.
The DSDT was extracted with 4 GB Ram and the A27 Bios, but i still have trouble with sleep & Shutdown :-(

nightalon

nightalon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
I tried everything you said, with and without DSDT. No dice: the GUI won't load.

I think I'm going to start from scratch using Tony's USB method. Do you think there's any reason I should be using MyHack instead? Also, wouldn't it be better to get the GPU working using Chimera/Chameleon and GraphicsEnabler?

You include a lot of kexts, but the ones that are simply needed to get the system to boot I think are IOPCI and then the PS2 kexts, right? I guess AppleFakeSMC and NullCPUPM as well. I'm not sure all of the P-states and C-states you configured are helping me boot :-( At least it looks as though Power Management is ultimately possible!

nightalon

nightalon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts
In other words, what are the minimal edits needed to get Tony's method working?

It seems GraphicsEnabler isn't working without some sort of kext edit or injection. Would a reversion to the 10.7.0 GPU kexts be a good next move? I'll try to edit the devids again....

UPDATE: workin' on it. The first thing I noticed is that 10.8.1 doesn't have a Geforce.kext by default. So I'm leaving it out for now. Windows says the FX1700M has a devID of 10DE, 065A, subsys 02501028&REV_A1

nh_wombat

nh_wombat

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
I'm working on getting ML on to my m4400 with a 1700m graphics card as well. We're you able to figure out a solid method? Any info would be much appreciated. Thanks!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy