Bluetooth Mice

Swad

28 posts in this topic

I had the original Bluetooth Apple Mouse with my 12" Powerbook and now 15" MacBook Pro, and it was nice, I had no complaints with it.

But now I have a Bluetooth Mighty Mouse and boy the improvement is like night and day. The laser tracking is super precise (especially for me being a designer), and the scrolling is smooth and works great in all the Apps I use regularly.

• 2 weeks later...

I've had a Bluetake BT500 for some time now, and I'm quite happy with it. It's very compact, but still feels good in use and responds like I want it to. (Bluetake seems to have developed several new models in the meantime.)

BT500_apple.jpg

Before that I tried a Logitech MX900 (their first Bluetooth mouse) and was quite disappointed - bulky, no off switch, extremely bulky recharge station, bad response to movement. Really not useful for travel at all.

• 3 weeks later...
Dude! Whats that mouse like??!?!? Doesnt wheel just keep scrolling forever? !!!

BaYlisS

go to best buy and play with one... the hyperscroll is like a button in place of the "middle" mouse button... click it to turn it on... click it to turn it off. So the normal scroll is still there.

I do work in CAD and I wanted my middle mouse button back, there is a fix but you loose the hyperscroll (useless to me in Pro/E and UGS) and using the Logitech driver, it only turns it off in Pro/E and UGS. (Hyperscrolled down to the bottom of this thread)

OSX though... Logitech = okay... you do have to DOWNLOAD the Logitech driver for Mac but it's only 17MB. OverSteer Mouse proved to be a better solution for me because of some better flexibility.

The MX set me back only about $100(USD) and the VX $80(USD) but I'd gladly pay double and some for a bluetooth model.

I give these mice a 9 out of 10... minus one for no bluetooth and lack of a driver on the disk for OSX.

k Guys- what can I say? I'm officially retarded- but I love my MX 1000. So I bought the MX 5000 bluetooth duo for my MBP Core2, put the keyboard on my PC desktop, and am using the MX 1000 with bluetooth on the MBP...and its beautiful...loving it... of course I DID spend 200 dollars on what essentially ended up being just a mouse for my laptop- but I think it was worth it!

don't get the mighty mouse the stuff is fragile.

My boyfriend's got a Mighty Mouse (albeit not Bluetooth) and it seems pretty solid. It takes a little bit to get used to the right clicking (which requires you to completely lift your left finger off the mouse) but once you do it feels fine.

I love that the Mighty Mouse is that it's so fake. The scroll ball and squeeze (side clicks) both make clicking sounds, but once you unplug them they're silent.

My boyfriend's got a Mighty Mouse (albeit not Bluetooth) and it seems pretty solid. It takes a little bit to get used to the right clicking (which requires you to completely lift your left finger off the mouse) but once you do it feels fine.

I love that the Mighty Mouse is that it's so fake. The scroll ball and squeeze (side clicks) both make clicking sounds, but once you unplug them they're silent.

the scroll whell will break eventually and if you drop it from more than 5 feet the right click will die.

I HATE my mighty mouse, in-fact i hate it so much after this pay check it is going on the shelf, probably never to see light again.

the scroll whell will break eventually and if you drop it from more than 5 feet the right click will die.

mines not even a month old and it is already falling apart (mine hasnt even taken a 5 foot drop.) The right click doesnt respond half the time (finally getting used to only have 1 finger on the mouse when right clicking, but half the time i still get a left click) The scroll ball is also becoming less and less responsive. Besides the fact that you have to be fairly close to the y axis to use the ball at all (a whole other rant on why a wheel is better then a ball), but now it seems the ball isnt making adequate contact with its sensor, and i can spin the ball around and around and not move at all.

I absolutely hate the way there is only 1 button, with the rest of the buttons being touch sensitive, this works really well on the mbp trackpad, but give us real buttons for the mighty mouse.

I was also very disappointed in the mouses integration into the OS. My old RF logitech mouse was much more customizable, able to use the mac software (from the logitech website) to configure the mouse exactly the way i liked. The mighty mouse in comparison doesnt do {censored}.

Overall I have always been very happy with the apple products i have purchased, but this thing is a disgrace to the apple brand, IMHO

I like my wireless mighty mouse.

Ive read some really positive reviews, thats why i bought it, but i cant recommend enough to spend some time with the mouse before buying it, because i absolutely detest it, and consider wiping my ass with $70 a better value then the mighty mouse.

• 2 weeks later...

I use 2 BT mice, Logitech an MS, I prefer the MS because shape, and now there is a new BT from MS that haws Laser also, I installed SteerMouse for asign other buttons tasks. But I think USB-Overdrive has better tracking settings.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...