HD5650 on Vaio VPCEB4C5E (OS X 10.8)

Jacksoft

4 posts in this topic

Hi all!

I've successifully installed OS X 10.8 on my Sony Vaio VPCEB4C5E. Excepts for some things that not works (ex. ALPS Trackpad and MemoryCard reader) I have a big problem with the graphic accelleration.

The problem is that the LVCD does not work. Sometimes works but have vertical scanlines (like a 3D TV), in extremely rarely cases it works good.

The VGA output works by default. I've already identified my LVDS monitor ID and dumped the EDID from Windows, but not worked.

I've also tryied to binpatch the kext. Only the VGA works better (can find the correct resolution of the external monitor), HDMI does not work (not a problem for now) and the LVDS still black or vertical scanlines.

Seems the Hoolock does not support LVDS by default, so I've tryied with Orangutan, but also black.

The PCI ID/VEN is already in the AtiController5000.kext and should use Hoolock framebuffer by default.

By reading many guides I had problem to understand where to get HotplugID and SenseID... The LVDS does not have any SenseID!

Of course with GraphicsEnabler=No the LVDS works (and only it). But no HW Accelleration and 1024x768 resolution :X

Can someone help me to try to put the right codes into framebuffers? :(

I'm using Chameleon by Enoch rev.2035.

This is the specs of my machine:

CPU: Intel i5 480M @ 2.67GHz (Chipset HM55)

RAM: 4.0GB Kingston DDR3 1333MHz @ 1066MHz

VGA: ATI Mobility Radeon HD5650

WIFI: Atheros AR9285

LAN: Marvell Yukon 88E8059

BLUETOOTH: Foxxconn ?

AUDIO: Realtek HD ALC269

DISPLAY: 1920x1080x32 60Hz

HDD: Crucial M4 SSD 256GB

I've attached the vbios and some information in a txt.

Thank you all!!!

HD5650M_VBIOS.zip

• 1 year later...