6 replies to this topic

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
My dear InsanelyMac Community,
for approx. 3 years I'm part of this community and even that I don't post a lot of stuff, I read a lot in this forum.
Someone told me that I should post my x86 Projects in this area and so I start with the newest one that I've build for my dad in 03/2012.

Attached File  ZotacMini-3.jpg   275.25KB   52 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-4.jpg   302.92KB   47 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-5.jpg   271.93KB   58 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-6.jpg   268.73KB   83 downloads

Specs: Zotac H67-ITX, Core i3-2125 with HD3000 graphics, 8GB DDR3-1666 Ram, 120GB Crucial SSD (that's what you can see on this pictures), now with 16GB Ram, passiv HD7750 Graphics and 2TB WD Black intern for some final cut-projects and a lot of NAS Storage in his network for his video-stuff etc.. Build into an Lian-Li Q07A Mini-ITX Cube which is fully isulated against noise from the only Fan (CPU-Fan). We have used a passiv power supply with 130Watt. 10.7.4 as OS and 2* Dell 23" Displays.

Attached File  ZotacMini-8.jpg   385.39KB   96 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-9.jpg   386.29KB   84 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-10.jpg   282.18KB   82 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-11.jpg   288.27KB   83 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-12.jpg   289.63KB   80 downloads

Attached File  ZotacMini-13.jpg   404.88KB   84 downloads

What is comming next: We will replace the stock cpu-cooler with an large passiv tower cooler and add a 500rpm 120mm Fan regulated through the motherboard in the backplate.

Our Aim for this project: Replace his old Mac Mini with a x86 Custom Build that cost half the price of a slower Mac Mini and that is not louder than the old one.
What we've spend until now: 400€ for the first round of componentes (case, cpu, 8gig ram, SSD, passiv power supply, etc.), and approx. 200€ for the discrete graphics, 3.5" HDD etc.
Temps: around 50°C CPU and 30°C Case-Temp
Power Consumption with PicoPSU-90+ 12V/8A AC/DC: around 35W in idle desktop/surfing with wifi, 40w playing 1080p movie in vlc, 87w full load.

I hope you like it ;)

Attached Files

dddirtman

dddirtman

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 44 posts
like the case :thumbsup_anim:

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
yes i like it, too. thought about selling my corei7 machine after my master-thesis and switching to such an mini-itx case with corei5 and less ram and graphics since i don't play anymore.

Multisaft

Multisaft

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 74 posts
anyone else who likes it or any questions? feel free to post them! and vote for me :-D

Mr.D.

Mr.D.

There are those who call me...

• Local Moderators
  • 545 posts
  • Interests:Music editing/Remixing, hiking, orienteering, 4 wheeling, reading (yes like books and such), and...
very clean build. Is that dynamat used for sound dampening? how does it compare, noise wise, to the mini? obviously the mini has no fans, but you seem to have done a fantastic job of isolating the single fan noise. very clean system.

Please post your other builds!!

C.Frio

C.Frio

InsanelyMac Legend

• Pandora Team
  • 1,149 posts
Hi..

nice clean case...and the goal is the passive power supply,
i tried ,but I plug so many usb stuff and external DVD

c.frio

strobegen

strobegen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
it's very cool

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy