Help! Been trying to install for 4 days straight!

33 posts in this topic

I did follow a guide, it just never said anything about that, although based on other tutorials the rest of it was correct.

I installed your Extra folder, but still getting the gray screen, then screen shutdown.

make one copy all AppleINTEL.kext, and delete all of the usbinstaller. in S/L/E

post-333439-0-26264200-1344332323_thumb.png

Edit: and boot -f -v GraphicsEnabler=No npci=0x2000

Is the screen just going to sleep? If you hit the keyboard every minute or so does it stay on? Try hooking up an external display, and might want to generate a valid serial # for that smbios.

I think I have come to the conclusion that my laptop onboard graphics aren't supported...Atleast, thats what I've read.

I've now decided to install it to my desktop, but when it boots up, and I get through the first set of code, when it starts the second set of code the computer just reboots...

The specs for it are:

HD Radeon 5770

MSI 770-C45

AMD Phenom II X4 955 EB

I have a SSD I use for Windows, and I want to install ML on my second hard drive. I plan to partition some of it for ML and some for storage in windows.

I think I have come to the conclusion that my laptop onboard graphics aren't supported...Atleast, thats what I've read.

I have heard that some people have been successful at modifying the X3100 kexts from 10.6.2 to get their unsupported Intel GPU to run in ML. You need to put your Device ID and Vendor ID in the Info.plist.

I have heard that some people have been successful at modifying the X3100 kexts from 10.6.2 to get their unsupported Intel GPU to run in ML. You need to put your Device ID and Vendor ID in the Info.plist.

Still won't help get past the AMD CPU issue though, 5770m GPU should be OK. :( There is just barely Lion support for AMD, so ML may be a little ways off, but keep an ear to the ground and have fun with Lion until then

Here's a good guide for installing lion on AMD machines:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=278181&st=120

I'm running Lion on my Athlon II x2 CPU, and get it by following Devout's method plus RAWx86's kernel (for my version is the latest, 10.7.4: http://osx86.co/f100/10-7-4-amd-kernel-t7687/).

There's some issues though: first, all the patched kernels till now are 32-bit. That means no support for 64-bit kernel extensions. Second, both Athlon II and Phenom II doesn't support ssse3 instructions (don't confuse it with sse3), so Lion will run strictly 32-bits on these CPUs, unless someone writes a ssse3 emulator, therefore no 64-bit apps (read: Finder, the latest Xcode and Parallels) will work. To get a fully working lion on AMD, you'll need a newer Bulldozer (fx series) CPU (again, the kernel itself would be 32-bit, but 64-bit apps will run in this case).