Intel 855GM QE/CI Graphics in Snow Leopard

seige232

3 posts in this topic

Okay folks.

I'm working on a new install of Snow Leopard 10.6.8 for a Gateway 3018GZ made in 2004... The install succeeded, installing iLife as we speak, and all updates are applied. I have most of the hardware functioning at this point. Except the Audio(AC'97 ICH4), Video(Intel 855GM), and ethernet(BCM4401). Tonight I almost managed to get the Audio to function using a recently patched kext, I now have the volume indicator showing at the top but no sound... /kneeclap. (Now If only I could get the backwards ticking internal clock to function properly..and tick forwards with the right time displayed... none of the RTC kexts are working... and have no DSDT for this system)

I have searched all over the internet for any possible solution to the Sound issue, and the 855GM dilemma... the only drivers available for the videocard that I have were for Tiger 10.4.1. I happened to have an old install of Tiger still floating around and was able to pull the original 830/915 drivers from it, but they need to be recompiled entirely to use them. Question is, is there a newer driver that may be even remotely compatible for that old video card at all?

Could use some help with the DSDT for that machine if you all have time. Only reason I'm bothering to go through the effort of this is that it is for a Band... and they want it done. Been at it for a month. Any assistance is welcome.

Thank you all for your time,

-Seige

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

How did you install 10.6.8 onto ICH4 hardware? What install method or distro, and upgrade method? I get panics with ICH4 ATA/PCI kexts, and seemingly need to downgrade to something earlier? Could you post a Terminal>kextstat output for your booted system, or a System Profiler saved output showing loaded Extensions? I'm struggling with ICH4, can't get a bootable system up.