Sony Apls Trackpad Help !

SoundsGreat

6 posts in this topic

Hi,

I have successfully installed lion using iAtkos L2 and have also updated it to the latest,almost everything works like a chram :angel_not: !! But Am having problems with trackpad,I have tried Alps kext from OSX.org and others like Voodoo kext but to no avail,Keyboard works fine without any issues but the trackpad is just not working !

Even when installing the trackpad never worked which was a first to me as I had installed SL and Lion on Dell and other laptops and during installation it works just fine in those but here even during that it doesn't work ! So I don't know where to look and what to do.

The Spec is as follows :

Make : Sony Vaio

Model : VPCEH16EN

CPU : Core i3 2310 (2.1Ghz)

RAM : 4Gb DDR3

GPU : Geforce 410 with CUDA

HDD : 320Gb

Please can anyone point me towards a solution ??

Reagrds.

Hi,

Thanks for the quick reply ! I tried those aswell but no use one among the two posted there works but the mouse goes alfresko,one touch and the pointer is all over the place and then on its impossible to control it ! only way is to power down using power button!

Any other recommendations ??

Regards.

you check for trackpad setings?System Preferences?

Hi,

you check for trackpad setings?System Preferences?

Yes with some kexts it opens and nothing happens but with some trackpad setting and system preferences crash :wallbash: ! for example some voodoo (modified or otherwise) crash while others open fine but no setting helps bring the dead trackpad back to life.

So Am just trying figure out which kext will make this damn trackpad work !!

One Important question I want to ask,knowledgeable folks here kindly answer,if for whatever reason a device is not working is it safe to use the system ?? meaning the trackpad is not working so can I use the usb mouse while I figure out how to get it to work ?? Asking coz the trackpad continues to receive power from the mobo and will have to send some signal to the controller,so if that doesn't happen is there any danger that it might fail if used in this condition ??

Regards.