• Please log in to reply
199 replies to this topic

idpsystem2

idpsystem2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts
Thank you, rpriyana. I haven't brought it yet. Dell is selling 5400rpm hard disk right now, kind of moving backward. Trying to convince the sales repo to get me a 7200rpm HDD system.

Edit: Placed my order today. I accept the point that 5400 rpm generates less heat and sound. I will add a SSD anyway, the HDD could be an on-board storage device.

celtic9

celtic9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
Sorry for the delay! Here's my DSDT and other Extra folder files. I hope it help, and if anyone with more knowledge on DSDT edition can improve the file, please update here!

Attached Files

celtic9

celtic9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I finally got the Ethernet to work! For some strange reason, it always auto attributes an IP when I plug the ethernet cable, unless I start the OS with cable already plugged... It works like a charm (using lnx3mac NIC driver).

Coasterghost

Coasterghost

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts
Have anyone yet been able to with the SSD and the two HDDs install mac to DATAPART 1 (HDD 2)? Also I am a College student and I don't have alot of time to experiment with installing mac, if you guys can get started on a tutorial I would greatly be appreciated.

ThibaultAnd

ThibaultAnd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts

Have anyone yet been able to with the SSD and the two HDDs install mac to DATAPART 1 (HDD 2)? Also I am a College student and I don't have alot of time to experiment with installing mac, if you guys can get started on a tutorial I would greatly be appreciated.

Are you kidding Coasterghost ? I am also a College student and also didn't have time to hackintosh my laptop...Yet I managed to help people and almost make it work (with some troubles like networking not working (don't know why) nor card reader but the basics works). If you read the full topic (that YOU are created and not participing until now), you can find how to install properly Mountain Lion (with QE/CI etc) and use my files since we have the same laptop (assuming you have the 7720 (You can follow rpriyana mini tuto even if it is for 15 inches)). Just to say, you have to try to install by yourself before asking for help....

To answer your question, I didn't have any SSDs but 2 HDDs. I Installed hackintosh on the second HDD to avoid troubles with windows...

alexandros7

alexandros7

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 247 posts
hi.. I would like to buy

Inspiron 15 R SE 7520.. so what will work and what won't?

I just have to understand if It's the right notebook for me.. I would like to have video out.. :P

rpriyana

rpriyana

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

hi.. I would like to buy

Inspiron 15 R SE 7520.. so what will work and what won't?

I just have to understand if It's the right notebook for me.. I would like to have video out.. :P

Did you even read my posts?
And no, no hdmi out.

ThibaultAnd

ThibaultAnd

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 40 posts
Guys, read the full topic before asking questions please... Thank you.

zmechanic

zmechanic

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi celtic9,

What's a point of installing patched DSDT? After a bit of tinkering my 17R SE works like a charm with ethernet and native HD4000, the only problem is sound. With Voodoo drivers volume control not working. It always makes the same level of sound, even on the lowest volume. Will I get anything extra working if I use your patched DSDT?

Sorry for the delay! Here's my DSDT and other Extra folder files. I hope it help, and if anyone with more knowledge on DSDT edition can improve the file, please update here!

celtic9

celtic9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
zmechanic,

I had problems with my USB before using a DSDT file; also, with the DSDT edit, I got Keyboard Brightness control, auto detection of phone jack, and nice sound with an edited VoodooHDA.

shameeksarkar

shameeksarkar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Why am i getting "Cant find mach_kernel" ?
It is there on the USB Stick root. After installing and booting from HDD, i get this error..

Did not get the boot-0 error though..

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
I receive this and it stops "com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx" I have Dell Inspiron 7520( 5520 special edition) Help please

I just bought the Inspiron 15 R SE 7520.
Managed to partially install it, but because I am so new to the hackintosh, I didn't know the right steps.
In my case, installing ML.
Here goes:
1) create the installer boot stick
2) inject the following kexts
2870-DP3.kexts.zip
2870-PXHCDv1.0.8.kext.zip
(these two all from here http://www.osx86.net...do=file&id=2870)

PS2 kexts.zip
(from http://www.insanelym...1)

the first 2 to allow the use of USB 3.0, hence eliminating the "waiting for root device"
the last for the inbuild keyboard and trackpad.

3)Install as usual (partitioning, bla,bla as per this guide
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=280756

Edit: boot using parameter -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

I got it installed and boot to usb again and select the OS disk , which is a wrong step.
I must do this with the Kexts (as per the guide)

3.B Fixing the OS X install
1. From the installer go to Utilities and Terminal.
2. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/NullCPUPowerManagement.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
3. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/FakeSMC.kext /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
3b. Type cp –R /System/Library/Extensions/<those kexts> /Volumes/"OS X"/System/Library/Extensions/
4. Type reboot

I was too stupid to think once I injected the kexts to the installer USB, it will get installed to the HDD during install.
So, this is where I stop today.

I will continue with more (DSDT stuff) once I get further.

Edit: Continue

Ok, I am supposed to put the Essential stuff from the guide linked to above.
Unzipped them into the installer USB stick,
I boot from USB but select the HDD, successfully boot into and continue with the install/setup with keyboard and trackpad working.
So far so good.
As per the guide,
Part 4 – Booting ML
1. Reboot your system and boot to the USB stick again but this time select your OS X install. This should boot you into your installed copy of ML.
2. Open "System Preferences" go-to "Security and Privacy", click the lock and give it your password then set "Allow applications downloaded from" to anywhere.
3. Navigate to your folder of essential software and run the chameleon package, install it to your OS X drive.
4. Copy the Extra folder on your USB drive to the root of your HDD (open Finder -> Go -> Computer -> OS X -> paste folder).
5. Reboot and let the computer boot from your HDD, select OS X and it should boot straight to ML.

No, didn't happen.
I get
boot0: GPT
boot0: test
boot0: GPT
boot0: error

I read that this could be due the 4K sector disk, I have a 1TB WD disk in the Inspiron,
so now testing this method:
http://www.insanelym...howtopic=278198
so, using my ubuntu netbook boot usb, I did the dd command

done, reboot and get a proper boot greeting,
supplied the -v GraphicsEnabler=No PCIRootUID=0

Ok, I need more readings, or if anyone can help.

1) when boot from USB stick and choose my HDD, I boot with working trackpad and keyboard, but when boot off HDD, trackpad is not working. How is this explained?
2) My ethernet card is detected and has mac address, but I can't connect to my LAN. Neither DHCP nor manually set. I need to sniff the traffic but pulling my hair now
3) DSDT Editor can't run, need Java, and I have no network. Stressed...

How did you manager to get through all the errors? I injected the kexts but get stuck at "com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx" which is the enthernet,so I disabled integrated NIC from BIOS and got stuck at "DSMOS has arrived" which is the last message on the screen.I have the same laptop

celtic9

celtic9

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts
I'm very new to hackintosh, but I would suggest this in case of Kext problem:

1) Enter in Safe Boot mode (-x)
2) Identify and uninstall the problematic kexts.
3) Try to reboot normally.
4) If it works, try to install another kext for your hardware.

For the NIC in Inspiron 7520, I found that the lnx2mac works almost fine, but you should install the file available on his site - I had problem with versions from packages.

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts

I'm very new to hackintosh, but I would suggest this in case of Kext problem:

1) Enter in Safe Boot mode (-x)
2) Identify and uninstall the problematic kexts.
3) Try to reboot normally.
4) If it works, try to install another kext for your hardware.

For the NIC in Inspiron 7520, I found that the lnx2mac works almost fine, but you should install the file available on his site - I had problem with versions from packages.

Hello Celtic9,

I finally got into the setup screen.The reason why I got stuck at "com_lnx2mac_realtekrtl81xx" was cause I used U ni bea st and checked "Laptop support" option to be installed and I believe that option caused the issue.So,if anyone has the same laptop Dell Inspiron 7520 (15r Special Edition) don`t check the legacy option or the laptop support option in Un i be ast.(writing that word like this cause it will get marked with X`s if I write it as a whole).I also managed to inject kexts with kext wizard.I did all this through a Lion vmWare virtual machine.

I did not install Mountain Lion yet cause I have to make a partition for it and when I shrank one of my 4 partitions just to make a new one I got a message which states the fact that I have to convert the disc to "Dynamic Disk".I read that MBR or Windows 7 supports only 4 partitions.Probably I will get rid of the Dell Utility partition.Does anyone know where on dell`s site can I find that utility in case I need it to put it back ?

idpsystem2

idpsystem2

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

I did not install Mountain Lion yet cause I have to make a partition for it and when I shrank one of my 4 partitions just to make a new one I got a message which states the fact that I have to convert the disc to "Dynamic Disk".I read that MBR or Windows 7 supports only 4 partitions.Probably I will get rid of the Dell Utility partition.Does anyone know where on dell`s site can I find that utility in case I need it to put it back ?

I had this trouble before. My solution is to convert the disk into GPT partition scheme, create as many partition as I wish, and then create hybrid MBR to specify which four partitions visible to Windows. I found it useful to create a small EFI partition as the first partition too.

This is not an easy task. Converting from MBR to GPT means massive backup and restore. Any single error will mess you up. I would suggest you only to do this if you really wanted to.

Be reminded that hybrid MBR is a sort of temporary solution, some critics happened on it. It works for my case anyway.

FYI, clonezilla is a very good backup/restore solution. gparted live is capable to create hybrid MBR and is a good partitioning tool. They are both free.

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So I got into the Welcome screen,but now I have no keyboard or mouse working,how can I inject kexts into the installation now,through Terminal?If yes how?

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
YES !!! Managed to install it :D ,now I have to install all the other kexts HD4000 .....

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
So I thought to use SuperDuper to backup Mountain Lion just to save it before it will crash.What bootloader should I choose?Chameleon or Chimera?Is Mul ti Bea st from tony x 86 any good?

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
If I install Chameleon Bootloader I get KP ,chimera works,but I need Chameleon Wizard to edit.Please help,how to enable HD4000?I don`t know how to inject EFI string

others111

others111

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 15 posts
YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have made HD4000 to work !!!! :D HAPPY at the power of 10 Yahooooooooooooooooooo!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy