App Store - Unknown error has occurred

s00p3rj

6 posts in this topic

I had Lion on my Insprion 530. I did a clean install for ML. I am getting "Unknown error has occurred" with on error number. I tried everything listed here http://www.macbreaker.com/2012/01/how-to-fix-mac-app-store-error-your.html (EthernetBuiltIn, PCIRoot and deleting NetworkInterfaces.plist) but it didn't work. I even tried adding a DSDT which I never had before. My SMBios is working too...

Any other suggestions?

when you connect to the mac app store and try to download mountain lion from the store - it checks to see if your ethernet connection is working properly - (you probably know that already - so if i am rambling i apologise in advance) - what you need to do if you're getting the "unknown error has occurred" mesg, is to go to "System Preferences", "Network" and rename your wired network adapter as "Ethernet". That should fix your problem connecting to the store :)

Hope that helps you out

Troy :)

• 1 year later...

I had a PCI ethernet card (in addition to the built-in ethernet) on my Dell Precision. I had to remove that card before generating the ID with EFI Studio. I kept getting the ID from the PCI card (unknowingly) and trying to use that. I could never get IOBuiltin=true in NetworkInterfaces.plist because the ID that we being generated from EFI Studio was actually that of the PCI card NOT the built-in ethernet. Hence...alot of frustration and always IOBuiltin=false. App store will not work with IOBuiltin=false.

Once I removed the extra card (reboot) and then used EFI Studio, I got a different code. I popped that into the device-properties string in org.chameleon.Boot.plist, deleted the network interface, deleted NetworkInterfaces.plist, rebooted, added the on--board ethernet interface back, and FINALLY app store is back.