Sony Vaio VGC-LV190Y Help!

dogguns

44 posts in this topic

Hey guys!

I really need some help getting my Hackintosh build fully operational!

What i have done so far is i have installed Iatkos l2 using the Ahci compatibility and gigabitec root options, because otherwise i would just get "waiting for root device"

Also, i chose graphics enabler to get basic graphics functionality.

It worked! and i had bluetooth and wifi built in but had to install voodoohda 2.7.3 and play with the voodoohda settings to get audio to work and installed IntelE1000e.kext to get the wired internet working.

I then updated to 10.7.4 with the combo update and chameleon 2.1svn r2030 with the official package file.

Now the only things that are not working are the graphics card (nvidia geforce 9300m gs), sleep/hibernation, and power management.

For the graphics card (my main priority) i have tried a whole bunch of different methods like nvenabler, efi injection, and dsdt injection.

With both efi injection and dsdt injection it shows my card info in system information but the card itself is not recognized and apple software rendering is still used.

With nvenabler it seems to recognize my card (can be seen with -v at boot) but when the system boots, the internal lvcd screen goes dark as if its off and i just get a black screen. I dont have any type of video out port on my pc to see if it is really working.

I have been trying to see if adding an edid in the dsdt would help me get the internal display working with nvenabler however i haven't found any good info on how to do this specifically for my machine. Also i have the graphics card injected in my current dsdt (attached below just delete the .txt extension) but it doesn't really do anything there's still no qe/ci just apple rendering with graphics enabler on and kernel panic with it off. I also attached the lspci which displays the devices of my system.

Also, if you guys have any tips on how to get power management and sleep working by dsdt injection it would be highly appreciated!

Thanks a bunch guys

lspci.txt

DSDT.aml.txt

ok i tried it out but no success! played around with the kext, entered my device id, and played around with the smbios but still the same problem.

the best i got was a kernel panic when trying out the different smbios. Im currently using imac 10,1 and it lets my machine boot.

it seems to still be software accelerated and it doesn't really recognize my graphics card, i can tell because Launchpad is really choppy and there are lots of graphics glitches.

Thanks a lot for the quick response!

OK,you curently use IMAC 10.1,but this mashine work with ATI card,no Nvidia....You need to use current Mashine model for your hardware.

post-550798-0-85870600-1344061866_thumb.png

post-550798-0-92492400-1344061877_thumb.png

post-550798-0-75901100-1344061886_thumb.png

post-550798-0-89329000-1344061894_thumb.png

ok that one would be iMac 9,1. I tried it out but it still doesn't recognize my graphics card! I attached the info.plist to the bottom (just remove .txt) can you please look and see if i inserted the device id right (Vendor id =10de and Device id = 06e9) thanks again!

Info.plist.txt

Everything in plist is OK but i say iMac10.1 have ATI

you touch IOPlatformPluginFamily.kext/Contens/Plugins/ACPI_SMC_PlatformPlugin.kext for enable thermall profile?

Here you go, i attached it! I tried out the new dsdt and it didn't really do anything. With the old one i saw the graphics card information in system info but with this one i don't see that

Thanks for the response!

Also here is my ioreg after your dsdt, in both cases it says i386 does this mean that its booting 32bit? Can we fix this?

Peter’s Mac Pro.zip

Peter’s_Mac_Pro_with_new_dsdt.zip

Fixed the ram issue. Just check everything in device profiler again. Post another IOreg with a ziped version of your extra folder.

DSDT.aml.zip

About the GPU not working... It appears in the IOreg that the Nvidia Drivers are not loading. I would recommend that you do a clean install via a retail method. See my sig for my blog and a link to my guide will be up. The install method is the same for Lion and ML.

Here you go! Is there a point to inject my edid into the dsdt? i heard that it may be keeping my machine from recognizing my display when the correct drivers are installed? Also is there a way to get sleep and power management working? thanks for all your work!

here also is the extra folder without the themes folder in it

Peters’s Mac Pro latest.zip

Extra.zip

You had way to many things in your org.chameleon.Boot.plist so I simplified it. I am also changing your SimBios to Mac Pro 3,1. Make sure you backup your current extra folder.

Extra.zip

For the other questions about power management go to my blog (Link is in my sig) and find the post about SSDT.

Post another IOreg after installing the new extra folder and restarting.

btw is the edid working in the dsdt now?

The nvenabler kext works for me but i get a black screen because it doesn't recognize my display

http://www.osx86.net/view/2587-nvenabler.html

when i press -v it shows that the graphics card is loading and instead of a login screen i am greeted by a black screen

i read it might be because the internal display is not recognized by the machine and adding the edid might get it recognized

what do you think?