Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

here the pictures

it does not look bad :wink2: :king:

to mention is that I have not installed the tool by Andy! Andy what do you think? Can the tool obtain an improvement? I wait for your response before I start the tool. :help:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/286043-autoamdtool-10-automatic-system-decrypter-cpuid-patchert/

hello :)

you forgot nawcom which contributed greatly with his passing legacy_kernel which served to create a "##### legacy" of a certain tonymac for sandybridge CPU!

yup! you're right ;)

But you're missing my point :)

I know there were a lot of developers who also build their own legacy kernel projects

and we all have to give credits to them for all their efforts :thumbsup_anim:

But in this case,

I only wrote the date when AMD users started to run a specific version of osx in either i386 or x86_64 natively for the first time

especially for all users of any older version of AMD

btw, sandybridge isn't the architecture for AMD, is it?

T*nym*c , seriously ?

Do you know that the evil stole nawcom's code and claimed it as his own ?

http://prasys.info/2...ymac-seriously/

For cpuid, because we know all the kernel functional work very well on AMD CPUs Intel without the bug we know about graphics cards.

all research seems vainse but keep hope or adapt its hardware with a good graphics card ATI indeed compatible.

We were still the solution, not negligible, Lion 10.7 with kernel Bronya (Dimitrik Bronzovka) (i386) capable of K10 and K15 with 64 bit support.

the day Apple utlisera CPUs AMD we have more subjects to feed! the cpuid problem will be solved.

The Year Is Not Over Yet !!! :D

• Like 1

Just updated to 10.8.3

I must say it runs wel.

NVDAStartup works for my 8300 GS.

How about other (but then AMD) NVidia users?

amazing is it that our annoying kernel panics since I modified the driver no longer occurs. :thumbsup_anim:

Just updated to 10.8.3

I must say it runs wel.

NVDAStartup works for my 8300 GS.

How about other (but then AMD) NVidia users?

Hi Andy, all Graphics Driver are from Mountain Lion 10,8,3

andy, I'll install ML update10,8,3, what do I need?

Beta Version or ComboUpdate ? OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.3 (Combo)

amazing is it that our annoying kernel panics since I modified the driver no longer occurs. :thumbsup_anim:

Hi Andy, all Graphics Driver are from Mountain Lion 10,8,3

andy, I'll install ML update10,8,3, what do I need?

Beta Version or ComboUpdate ? OS X Mountain Lion Update v10.8.3 (Combo)

I used latest combo.

The kernels are compatible but we'll make a 10.8.3 kernel soon

• Like 2

If it has sse3 (two "s"s), i'll say yes, it can. If sse2-only, i'm not sure if the opcode emulator also emulates sse3 (two "s"s) instructions, as it does with ssse3.

I recommend trying it: if it doesn't work, throw good old WinXP at it :P

All the best!

• Like 1

If it has sse3 (two "s"s), i'll say yes, it can. If sse2-only, i'm not sure if the opcode emulator also emulates sse3 (two "s"s) instructions, as it does with ssse3.

All the best!

I added sse3 emulator in the last amd_kernel.

Untested but should work

• Like 2

All the best!

im here with this old laptop while my notebook is on repair... so im running win 8 and opensuse 12.3, both 64 bits. thanks! i can check that in programs like everest or cpuz, right?

I added sse3 emulator in the last amd_kernel.

Untested but should work

the latest is in the first page? in order to boot i should just create a regular usb installer and put this kernel and chose it in the instalation? add some unusual flag?

thanks for the great work!

Hi guys, I'm back in the game :D

and how... splitted my 500GB HDD into a win7 and OSX section.

Using a USB powered external HDD (Slooooow) for my data...

But right now, i can't boot clover... Fat32 all fine but nope.

I think i read something about fixing fsb made chameleon work for fx?

So no reboot with andy's kernel? or am i wrong?

If it works, please tell me how :P

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287226-make-a-usb-bootloader-for-fx-cpus/

Bitcore

im here with this old laptop while my notebook is on repair... so im running win 8 and opensuse 12.3, both 64 bits. thanks! i can check that in programs like everest or cpuz, right?

the latest is in the first page? in order to boot i should just create a regular usb installer and put this kernel and chose it in the instalation? add some unusual flag?

thanks for the great work!

You need the one with the rc4 diff also attached.

There the amd_kernel is what you need.

Release Client (RC) 4 has SSE3 emulation alongside SSSE3 emulation.

Hope this helps ;)

• Like 1

Is there a significant performance loss, because of the emulation of SSSE3? Can't wait to have a fully functional Hackintosh with hardware I thought to be forever incompatible. (Phenom 955BE & GTX 580)

There's no performance loss. In fact, my Geekbench scores consistently beat what i get on Windows 7. The nVidia card still won't work properly and you'll have to disable the GL kext, meaning no QE/CI. Most ATI cards will work, specially 4xxx and 5xxx EDIT: of the 5xxx series, only the 5450 is confirmed to work (thanks, Kiko) but then again, as you see by the post right above mine, that's not guaranteed.

All the best.

• Like 1

There's no performance loss. In fact, my Geekbench scores consistently beat what i get on Windows 7. The nVidia card still won't work properly and you'll have to disable the GL kext, meaning no QE/CI. Most ATI cards will work, specially 4xxx and 5xxx but then again, as you see by the post right above mine, that's not guaranteed.

All the best.

Negative. 5450 work nice, but 5770, 5850, 5870 dont work with QE/QI

• Like 1