Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

The Nvidia graphics drivers are relatively easy to modify. I have included all common Nvidia Vendor ID and Device ID.

The DSDT is to modify relatively quickly, but the AppleHDA makes a little difficulty. I wonder if I better take the VoodooHDA 2.8.2 and modify this

spakk in Launchpad zu gehen und halten Sie Alt-Taste. die Symbole bewegen?

spakk, go into launchpad and hold alt key. do the icons move?

sorry was wird dann passieren bzw was soll als resultat dann kommen?

sorry what will happen or what will come as a result then?

sorry was wird dann passieren bzw was soll als resultat dann kommen?

sorry what will happen or what will come as a result then?

wenn die Icons verschieben, müssen Sie QE / CI

If the icons move, you have QE/CI

si les symboles bouge, tu a QE/CI

verschieben der Icons mittels anklicken des launchpad und halten der ALT Taste ist möglich!

move the icons by clicking on the launchpad and hold the ALT key is possible!

wow!!!

One question: How I can determinate my Graphics adress using ioregistryexplorer?

And one more question: How do AppleHda influence to obtain QE/QI?

Someone can answer me, please? xD

:P

Du bist ein Held spakk! :D

You are a hero spakk! :D

Tu est un hero spakk! :D

EDIT: I have no idea how AppleHDA has to do with QE/CI. I think it is more to do with graphics drivers

Du bist ein Held spakk! :D

You are a hero spakk! :D

Tu est un hero spakk! :D

EDIT: I have no idea how AppleHDA has to do with QE/CI. I think it is more to do with graphics drivers

no, just happy that we have found the possible cause

die appleHDA greift auf den controller, sie ist auch verknüpft mit der Grafikkarte, sowie die Ethernet driver , hier sollten die Fachleute drann, arbeiten die richtig ahnung haben!

In der appleHDA müssen beide Werte modifiziert werden, zum einen wie in meinem Fall die Azaila und die HDA Vendor-ID/Device-ID, erst dann arbeiten die hardware miteinander.

the AppleHDA accesses the controller, it is also linked to the graphics card, as well as the Ethernet driver, here the experts should work on it, who unknowing!

The AppleHDA both values ​​must be modified, such as the one in my case the Azaila and the HDA Vendor-ID/Device-ID, than the hardware work together.

now, I have started the OpenGL Extensions Viewer 4.0, all test work wonderfully

OpenGL 1,2 to 2,1 are working

• Like 1

I just upload the data, which unfortunately takes a few minutes (128,6 MB ) , but here's a pre-info to the AppleHDA

Edit:

here all the Drivers, DSDT, chameleon.boot.plist, smbios13,2 and other data for my GA990 FXA UD3 with Phenom X6 1100 T, Nvidia GTX 550 TI

http://www.file-uplo...aphics.rar.html

To edit the AppleHDA controller open . \System\Library\Extensions\AppleHDA.kext\Contents\PlugIns\AppleHDAController.kext\Contents\info.plist

AppleHDAController

IOPCIClassMatch this is my Sound Card

0x04020000&0xFFFE0000 0x10024383&0xffff0000 0x0bee10de&0xffff0000 0x10de0bee&0xffff0000

I'm unsure what value must be entered as the first (Vendor-ID or Device-ID???), I have entered both values ​​respectively, you must test it !

IOProviderClass

IOPCIDevice

In most graphics drivers I have added all Nvidia vendor- id and device- id

I have not tested sound!

Es wäre gut wenn jemand die Dateien anders wo uploadet damit die daten länger online bleiben.

I once said long ago, even before we get a working kernel, that if we had some more like spakk, we would sort things out for sure.

Glad to know i was wrong: it took only one spakk to get the job done. :D

Congratulations, man!

thx

I will now try to boot with Ethernet driver, then I check whether any problems or not and see if I get sound

Edited by spakk

spakk, können Sie einen weiteren Test für uns? Öffnen / Applications / Chess.app

und sehen, ob Sie die Stücke bewegen kann. dank

Außerdem können Sie Beiträge verfassen Screenshot?

:king:

spakk, können Sie einen weiteren Test für uns? Öffnen / Applications / Chess.app

und sehen, ob Sie die Stücke bewegen kann. dank

Außerdem können Sie Beiträge verfassen Screenshot?

ich gebe bescheid

People, i can read german, SS01 and Sinetek also do, but other people not necessarily, so i ask you guys to always translate your posts to english, even a bad google-translated english, so the posts are available to anyone.

Thank you very much for the cooperation. :D

• Like 1

Attention! Minor corrections!

In the first test I booted without GPUSupport.framework, during my last test i boot with the GPUSupport.framework , then the screen goes white, then black, then comes a message NVDA (OpenGL) Channel timeout!

Then I get the following panic message, see photo

I think if we can fix the problem then it will work.

http://www.file-uplo...G_5580.JPG.html

Edit:

i test it without GPUSupport.framework

In the first test I booted without GPUSupport.framework, during my last test i boot with the GPUSupport.framework , then the screen goes white, then black, then comes a message NVDA (OpenGL) Channel timeout!

Edit:

the same problem! I need to repair the permissions, then I'll start Mountain Lion once again and check.

• Like 1

On the other hand this thread is not exactly on the forefront, meant to reach out. It is about development, and I value Spakk's input (and indeed many other's as well, including connactic's), be it in German or otherwise. I don't mean to be an arse about it or remain on the subject for long, but it can be indeed difficult to express oneself's precisely in another tongue.

I don't mean to give the moderators a hard time, not at all, and I do understand your role as moderator.

My only point is that, logically, we should foster positive, civilized contributions to the community.

Now, I don't mean to be negative, but the above procedure does not seem to address the problem. Messing with the PCIMatch values in random kexts will cause the graphics drivers to fail to load and thus the OS will boot to an unaccelerated GUI. In other words: this is the same as booting with a "-x" flag.

Sinetek

• Like 3

He's allowed to post in his idiom of choice, Sinetek, same for you, as long as he includes a translation in it - as i said, can even be translate.google-made. As you pointed out, let's foster positive and civilized contributions to the community.

Back on the subject, and to spakk: we can use screenshots of 1) your whole screen, specially the menubar, to see if it's transparent, 2) SystemReport/Displays to see if your card is recognized and 3) SystemReport/Extensions to see if the nVidia kexts are loading, specially the Accelerator and the GL. We need to confirm if QE/CI is really happening.

All the best!

:)

I have exactly the same message to the difference I point the mouse that appears on black screen and I do not have KP, I do not use the DSDT.aml.

remove the GPUSupport and boot with -s, then run /sbin/ fsck-fy then /sbin/ mount -uw / and give exit or reboot the system

Edit:

the same problem! I need to repair the permissions, then I'll start Mountain Lion once again and check.

sorry theconnatic but I get the same {censored} kernel panic :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

I will continue to modify the AppleHDA.kext and the DSDT, then I think that will work, see pic --->

http://www.workuploa...m/image/Ix2D7Ij

Graphics are very good! no graphical problems with my Nvidia GTX 550 TI 3 GB

Relevant problem lies in the adaptation of the AppleHDA.kext, DSDT and graphics drivers!

spakk.png

Sorry, but according to your screenshot ( http://www.workuploa...m/image/Ix2D7Ij )

it shows that your Video Memory = 0 MB

which means that the QE/CI still has not been fully activated on your VGA

And the title also says: Apple SOFTWARE Renderer

you may be able to get a proper/native resolution, but without hardware acceleration support

For comparison, here are some screenshots of my VGA ( ATI HD4650 )

without QE/CI (boot with -x )

Screen_Shot_2013_03_17_at_8_51_02_AM.png

With QE/CI ( GraphicsEnabler=Yes AtiConfig=Gliff UseAtiROM=Yes )

Screen_Shot_2013_03_17_at_8_50_36_AM.png

Gliff is my custom personalities for my HD4650,

which was patched into the ATI4600Controller.kext to remap the video path

so both ioreg and IORegistryExplorer will be able to detect the proper framebuffer ( Gliff )

instead of the default one ( RadeonFramebuffer )

ioreg | grep ATY

Screen_Shot_2013_03_17_at_9_04_58_AM.png

IORegistryExplorer

ioregex.png

• Like 2

Ich habe nun die aktuellen Grafiktreiber aus Mountain Lion 10.8.3 installiert und modifiziert inklusive der GPUSupport Frameworks, siehe da es funktioniert , werde später alles hoch laden! Ich werde gleich Bilder hoch laden.

Now I have installed the latest graphics driver from Mountain Lion 10.8.3 and modified these, including GPUSupport frameworks, it works, will later upload all modified driver up! I will upload later the same pictures

@spakk

Awesome so that answers my question, glad someone tried it :) So safe to say that the graphics corruption comes from hardware acceleration?

This might be a stupid suggestion, maybe with nvidia. There is a way to update it to OpenCL by modding the kext. What if we mod the kext to use the older fallback OpenCL? Does the glitches come from software acceleration or hardware acceleration?

• Like 2

AMD Hackintosh : The Joy of Waiting and Being Patient :D

amd_100416_1.png

April 28, 2005 : Apple released Mac OS X version 10.4 “Tiger"

October 2006 : Semthex released the first working legacy (32-bit) Tiger kernel for AMD

October 16, 2007 : Apple released Mac OS X version 10.5 “Leopard"

October 27, 2007 : MrUnknown released the Marvin's AMD Utility

March, 2008 : ToH / StageXNU released the first working legacy (32-bit) Leopard kernel for AMD

June 8, 2009 : Apple unveiled Mac OS X Snow Leopard

August, 2009 : modbin and dmitrik released working test versions of legacy (32-bit) kernel for AMD

November, 2010 : AnV released the first working 32 & 64-bit (-force64 user land) SL kernel for AMD

December 19, 2012 : Sinetek released the first working 64-bit SL kernel for AMD

February 24, 2011 : Apple released Developer Preview of Mac OS X Lion (DP1)

March 27, 2012 : bronzovka released the first working egacy (32-bit) Lion kernel for AMD

January 4, 2013 : IiTz ShAnE released the first working 64-bit Lion kernel for AMD

February 16, 2012 : Apple released Developer Preview of Mac OS X Mountain Lion (DP1)

December 31, 2012 : Sinetek released the first working 64-bit ML kernel for AMD

... ..., ... ? : QE/CI will be fully supported by 64-bit AMD ML

As Sinetek said,

Screen_Shot_2013_03_17_at_12_52_02_PM.png

• Like 7

I have a feeling that it is OpenCL.Framework. When the login screen loads and once I hit enter the buttons at the bottom become green / red squares but with the versions from 10.7.4 & 10.7.5 in the 10.8.3 folder they disappear my password apparently becomes incorrect. I also tried the framework from ML DP1 and 10.8.1 with no success.

• Like 2

Hello friends!

First:

Unfortunately, it is as mac_carol has written, it is no real 100% CI/QE !

I have tested everything again and I am unfortunately come to this sobering fact.

Second: Sound works

Third: Graphics has improved significantly!

We must continue to search for this mystery

:worried_anim: :worried_anim:

• Like 1

here all modified driver (with all current Nvidia Vendor-ID / Device- ID) , which I installed yesterday on my second test.

http://www.file-upload.net/download-7339450/Nvidia-Grafik.zip.html

with the package I have an example as the AppleHDA + VoodooHDA 2.8.2 incl AppleHDADisabler, install the driver according to this description, either with or without AppleHDA or VoodooHDA + AppleHDADisabler ( you should just try it what is the best variant for you) http://www.osx86.net/view/2746-voodoohda_2.8.2_pkg_installer.html

• Like 1