Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

@Justin

I did some research on your problem, and it appears that mac users get the same problems

https://discussions....art=15&tstart=0

Unfortunately there seemed to be no solution.

@Mad Marcsen

Sure I could try it, even try to underclock it, did you do it through the video card's bios or through software, let me know :)

Best Regards Racermussen

Gils got some FX8xxx running fine, ask him how he did it. :D

You can find Gils usually @ IRC: chat.osx86.hu #LegacyKernel.

Check it out, also some very useful "live" help there! :)

Talked to last night. ML install is being tried tonight when I get home with a kernel supplied by Gils.

Thanks.

• Like 1

Hey guys, Yeah it WAS a live machine, no longer installed, that he had it on. Talked to him and got the kernel but am having troubles getting it going.

See my posts starting here if you can offer any sugestions.

Thanks, MadMungo

I have fixed all the problems and now have Mountain Lion running on my AMD FX 8350 CPU.

Edited by MadMungo

Ok i thought that lion is working without problems on 10.7.4.

But there are also problems, for example flash is not working in chrome, it looks exactly like in ML. :(

It´s also not possible to connect via teamviewer to the lion system, the screen just stays black, what indicats that there is a problem with the graphics too.....

Hey Guys I did try to underclock my 6850 down to the speeds of the 4870 but that didn't help. I used the vBios to underclock but to no avail.

I took all of the performance levels and bumped them down to 500Mhz and it didn't resolve anything.

I wasn't able to see any power saving feature in rbe, so I couldn't do that step.

I'm Guessing that it may still be this emulation stuff, I could try to use this kernel on an intel ivy to determine whether it is the kernel og cpu, that is if the kernel works on Intel?

Best Regards Racermussen

Hey Guys I did try to underclock my 6850 down to the speeds of the 4870 but that didn't help. I used the vBios to underclock but to no avail.

I took all of the performance levels and bumped them down to 500Mhz and it didn't resolve anything.

I wasn't able to see any power saving feature in rbe, so I couldn't do that step.

I'm Guessing that it may still be this emulation stuff, I could try to use this kernel on an intel ivy to determine whether it is the kernel og cpu, that is if the kernel works on Intel?

Best Regards Racermussen

The kernel is working on intel without problems.

So i´m pretty sure that it has something to do with the emulator.

Problem whit nVidia and some ATi GPUs is becose they run drivers in 32-Bit mod,

this kernel is 64-Bit (x86_64),untyle its runing in 32Bit (i386) we can only dream about it.

People who use mac on intel cpu and runing it in i386 mode,they do not have any problem whit this,

GTX 570 is one of RECOMANDED nVidia GPUs for MAC. . .

Edited by Diazz72

I have struck another problem with my mountain lion Install. May be Kernel opemu bug??

Using Sinetek "AMD Test Kernel 1" will let me install Mountain Lion and create user. But on next boot only shows a light grey screen that is slowly flashing dim then bright.

I Can not try any other Kernel as this is the only kernel that allows me to get past the instant reboot issue with Bulldozer/Piledriver CPUs.

With latest Andy's kernel (md5: 6B38618FAFAB92588C6768DD13DFF3AD) & my old Athlon X2 3800, smooth installation iatkos ML2. But always KP (opemu...)10 seconds after login

I am also using andys latest kernel and have managed to boot and install mountain lion my graphics are detected but its really slow, i installed from a app store copy of ML and made usb stick i then replaced the kernel for andys one and was able to boot the installer and install no problems, i then popped the hd in a caddy connected it to my macbook and installed chameleon and the kernel that way wacked it back in the system and bang she loaded

only down side is boot takes around 5mins and graphics are really slow and laggy some times the system locks up all together

Amd athlon 64 X2 3800+

Msi K9N6SGM-V motherboard

ati graphics card 48 somthing

mountain lion 10.8.0

kexts used fake smc and NforceATA

looking forward to what could come next :-)

I am relatively new to the community, I apologise if this is a simple question.

I have a motherboard (ASUS M4N68TM_LE_V2), which has the nForce 630a chipset. However, there is no AHCI mode, only the default (IDE) and RAID. Is there a kext or a workaround which I can use to get my motherboard working with Mountain Lion? First, it shows "com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib load succeeded" then hangs for a few seconds, and goes to "Still waiting for root device".

I have tried it using -x and a few other boot flags, but I still can't get it to work.

Thanks

This one was at page 42:

RAID usually implies AHCI, so you should chose RAID.

confirm working here with QE/CI enable

AMD X6 1055T

Asrock 970 extreme4

HD 4850

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

4 GB ram

TP link WN881ND

PCI-e USB 3.0 card NEC chipset

all hardware working well

amde.jpg

the only problem is when I play movie with quicktime, the audio and video is not sync, but when I play it on movist or VLC it sync, and no problem at all

and the performance of the processor is not good when I compare with AMD Snow Leo 64 bit or win 8 64 bit

cine2g.jpg

geek2t.jpg

Win 8 64 bit

cinewin.jpg

• Like 2

Amd athlon 64 X2 3800+

Msi K9N6SGM-V motherboard

ati graphics card 48 somthing

mountain lion 10.8.0

kexts used fake smc and NforceATA

Finally boot with kernel (8F8E8B639E2CFB37293EDE5A34458B49) & boot args "-v -f" only, no KP at all, after testing all andys attachment :D

In my case since ML no longger support for my old ATI graphic card (x1300), at "about this mac" / "system properties" it showing only 3MB of GPU Ram & running sloooow too. So i install kext from LION 10.7.5 & add DSDT patch. Tested with AppleDecrypt found here. Hope this help developer to take surveys

As connactic says, i'll post my results there, soon :)

OK man chill out,i did not know that they remove i386 in ML,so what. . .

Just curious again, how did you know that "People who use mac on intel cpu and runing it in i386 mode,they do not have any problem whit this" ?

Do you know someone who runs Lion or Mountain Lion i386 on Intel?