Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

:)

on retrouve les mêmes problèmes que sur ML 10.8 , pour ATI , c'est pareil en moins prononcé :(

we find the same problems as ML 10.8, ATI is the same in less pronounced :(

:(

What's really frustrated to me is the fact that we don't know exactly what is causing this graphic corruption. I've seen in old posts someone talking about asking netkas help to see if we can go further with a solution but as far as I know someone just replied the he was aware of our problems and watching out this topic... I feel so bad for not being able to help with development, maybe I should start to learn it right now.

• Like 1

AMD ATHLON x2 SUCCESS

attachicon.gifScreen Shot 2013-10-28 at 6.04.11 PM.png

But ATI BUG :-( but hey at least it runs

Is it DP or final Mavericks? I tried Bronzovka's and Sinetek's kernel with my Athlon II x2 250 to no avail! Which kernel did you use, and which flags did you have to add?

All the best!

bizarre , je n'ai pas d'artefact avec la HD 5450 512

weird, I have no artifact with the HD 5450 512

Not weird at all, my comrade: the 5450 has been always much more stable under 64-bit OSX with AMD machines, since the beginning of our endeavor with the ssse3 kernels.

• Like 1

Last login: Mon Oct 28 18:33:44 on console

devils-imac:~ devil$ uname -a

Darwin devils-imac.home 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: вторник, 29 октября 2013 г. 00:42:52 (MSK); root:xnu-2422.1.72_rc2/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

devils-imac:~ devil$ sysctl machdep.cpu.brand_string

machdep.cpu.brand_string: AMD Athlon X2 340 Dual Core Processor      

devils-imac:~ devil$

Is it DP or final Mavericks? I tried Bronzovka's and Sinetek's kernel with my Athlon II x2 250 to no avail! Which kernel did you use, and which flags did you have to add?

All the best!

Not weird at all, my comrade: the 5450 has been always much more stable under 64-bit OSX with AMD machines, since the beginning of our endeavor with the ssse3 kernels.

i use DP1 kernel flags -cpufamily npci=0x2000 -v

• Like 3

AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition fait parti des vieux processeur ou pas? 

Je suis le topic mais mon Disque dur pricipal à lacher donc j'ai tout à retelecharger... Je viens juste de finir l'installation de mac os sur VmWare pour Creer une clef usb... ;)

---------------------------------------------

AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition is an old processor or not?

I follow this topic but my main hard disk is down so I just need to redownload all stuff... I just finished the mac os install on VmWare to create a usb key installer ...

Yes AMD Phenom II is an old processor. It doesn't support SSSE3

• Like 1

ok did some test with this kernel and dual graphics,ATI Radeon HD5450 and Nvidia Geforce 210, now the fun part is, ATI alone has only the artifacts, however on a dual setup the Nvidia (even when in slot 2) makes the ATI completely unusable, distortion all over the screen