Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6225 replies to this topic

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts

Amazing! As you said, this will certainly lead to ML nVidia. Now I just need more testers for ATY_Init..

For ATY_Init, you mean ATI users? Does it solve issues on ATI?
I feel like the fix on nVidia will be to backtrack a few kexts/bundles. It will take a while to indentify which one is crucial though. OpenGL driver/kext version mismatch and all...

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

For ATY_Init, you mean ATI users? Does it solve issues on ATI?
I feel like the fix on nVidia will be to backtrack a few kexts/bundles. It will take a while to indentify which one is crucial though. OpenGL driver/kext version mismatch and all...

Yes, ATY_Init solved my ATI issues. I have yet to see if it works for everyone.

misterfrista

misterfrista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Sinetek have you just replaced the kexts as a rollback?

I will try it tonight too!

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
I am currently testing out different Frameworks and kexts for ML just now. So far I'm stuck on a login loop with no lag when the login screen opens which seems to me like QE/CI is working to some extent.

srwind

srwind

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 18 posts

Yes, ATY_Init solved my ATI issues. I have yet to see if it works for everyone.

Which ATY_Init you used to?

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts
meh. kext rollback all it does is disable QE/CI.
not too hot

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.
This is what I am currently faced with. I have the nVidia drivers installed for 10.8.2 and 10.8.1 OpenGL.Framework, OpenCL.Framework and GPUSupport.Framework

Here is the log file for the login loop.

Spoiler

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6rDVSVZroic

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts

With a retail 10.7.5 installation on my ATI, I had glitches under x64. With iAtkos L2 updated to 10.7.5 and ATY_Init selected in customize menu, full acceleration and QE/CI, no glitches under x64.

Is there ATY_INit equivalent for NVIDIA maybe?

Hi Sinetek, Hi SS01, I used for several weeks all the drivers Sinetek has listed including the custom ATY-Init.kext.(vendor ID (10de) and device id (1244) , the Graphics resolution is OK but QE/CI does not work

PS:
I've also done a test with the modified NVkush.kext, unfortunately, but QE/CI does not work

Attachments: ATY-Init.kext and NVkush.kext

Attached Files

Edited by spakk, 11 March 2013 - 08:21 PM.

Kikobeats

Kikobeats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Programming & Hacks
Hello guys,

as I have not QE/QI with my ATI HD5850 I deciced to flash it in a ASUS model because I thought it would work manufacturer ID.

did not work.

Then I thought it might work with other deviceID. Go Flashing to 5870!

did not work.

appears that over 5450 models of the 5000 series not working

What should I do now?

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,824 posts
I have all the opportunities that I have read somewhere tested, unfortunately I no longer know. Posted Image

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
For a while, Kiko, keep on using Lion as your primary system, and stay tuned for a solution for Mountain Lion graphics corruption. Hopefully it will come soon. Or else, if you have spare money and need Mountain Lion now for some reason, go buy a refurbished ATI card that is proven immune to heavy graphics corruption under Mountain Lion's current AMD kernel.

Best regards!

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
I used ATY_Init from iATKOS L2. Any other version of it has no effect. Haven't tested iATKOS ML2

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
Really?

Here, everything is as enjoyable as it should: i did really extensible tests. Up to now, only Safari and DVD Player (which doesn't even open) are unusable.

Perhaps the CPU matters as much as the GPU: i use a mild Athlon II x2 250 clocked at 3.0Ghz to perform all these tests.

Best regards!

EDIT: i just saw you were referring to spakk's patched next, so disregard my post, Gilles. :)

Kikobeats

Kikobeats

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
  • Interests:Programming & Hacks

For a while, Kiko, keep on using Lion as your primary system, and stay tuned for a solution for Mountain Lion graphics corruption. Hopefully it will come soon. Or else, if you have spare money and need Mountain Lion now for some reason, go buy a refurbished ATI card that is proven immune to heavy graphics corruption under Mountain Lion's current AMD kernel.

Best regards!

is possible downgrade the system for ML to Lion? I only have fresh ML install :-s

hotcorez

hotcorez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 115 posts
looking at the problems you are facing here (especially with nvidia), i am thinking this could be a graphics detection issue on amd cpu. Maybe as a test you could dump the ioreg from a working system (ie lion or whatever) and apply as much of that which is physically possible (or advisable) into your dsdt or graphics strings. Maybe the system/kernel is refusing to initialize some cards properly on amd processors? I know they introduced some nvidia detection issues late in 10.6, with some people having to provide display-cfg values where none were previously needed

another example of adding stuff to force detection: for agp cards on snow leopard (not needed in leopard) you need to add a this to your gfx dsdt section

"IOPCIExpressLinkStatus",
                                0x1102,

hope this helps and good luck with getting this working. seems like most of the hard work has already been completed! unfortunately i have no amd to test the above theory

another thing you could try is using the AppleACPIPlatform.kext from lion or sl

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
Today, i'll be testing extensively the Adobe CS5 suite with Mountain Lion and my HD5450.

I'll report back here during all the day with my results.

Best regards!

P.S.: You know what are the only situations i got graphics glitches? Only when writing in reply boxes of forums like Insanelymac, Olarila etc. In the moment i click outside the box, all glitches disappear. Isn't it nice? :D

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts

Today, i'll be testing extensively the Adobe CS5 suite with Mountain Lion and my HD5450.

I'll report back here during all the day with my results.

Best regards!

P.S.: You know what are the only situations i got graphics glitches? Only when writing in reply boxes of forums like Insanelymac, Olarila etc. In the moment i click outside the box, all glitches disappear. Isn't it nice? :D

Using Chrome even with --disable-accelerated-compositing ?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,894 posts
I'm using Chrome as is, Duran Keeley! Don't know a thing about --disable-accelerated-compositing. :)

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 342 posts

I'm using Chrome as is, Duran Keeley! Don't know a thing about --disable-accelerated-compositing. :)

Hahahaha I had to use --disable-accelerated-compositing to fight graphic corruption on YouTube, couple of pages back i wrote how to do it or go to working applications, I made a launcher that does it for you and there is a link to the terminal post on it :)

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts
Posted ImagePosted Image

What is this you ask?

This is Mountain Lion running i386 on AMD with an nVidia card and QE/CI. There is a huge bug somewhere though which is triggered by clicking on any menu.

Sinetek

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy