Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

AFAIK, the corecrypto kext is in my install permanently there. Saw it in my win7 dualboot. Odd that it isn't there in yout install. Or odd that it's permanently there in my install, lol.

sorry, I have before me three external HDDs with different partitions with different OS X versions, but nowhere can I find a corecrypto.kext under S / L / E. this is not a fake. boat windows and check that, please.

Hier noch einmal auf Deutsch

Ich habe diverse externe Festplatten mit diversen OSX Partitionen und OSX Versionen jedoch kann ich nirgends eine corecrypto.kext Datei unter S/L/E finden

• Like 1

Can it be that, in the boot of OS X, the kernel creates a virtual corecrypto.kext? and after completion of the OS X corecrypto.kext is deleted?

Not sure what's going on there, it should be on your drive at all time.

Odd that it isn't there in yout install. Or odd that it's permanently there in my install, lol.

It's odd that it's not in his install, it should be; like yours :P

• Like 1

Not sure what's going on there, it should be on your drive at all time.

It's odd that it's not in his install, it should be; like yours :P

I think it brings us nothing. it's weird. We must wait for the new patch.

• Like 1

Spakk, corecrypto does not exist in Lion. Only in Mountain Lion. The main subject of my work, at least for now, is to add support for AMD machines in Mountain Lion (but there's nothing stopping someone else to work with Lion) :)

theconnactic, I work with Mountain Lion 10.8 on AMD with bronzovka Kernel for Lion 10.7

with your last xnu patch ** :) -->>> but Mountain Lyon stops at; Still waiting for root device

look my message--->> #189

But I have not a file corecrypto.kext in folder S / L / E. ---->look my message #200

boot with fips_mode=0 for something new.

no result stuck at : Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage might not load -kext is currently unavailable.

Still waiting for root device

no result stuck at : Kext com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage might not load -kext is currently unavailable.

This error manifests itself on OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion only if you boot your Hackintosh with UseKernelCache=Yes, as booting with “-f” results in a normal boot sequence.

More Info here---->> http://blog.yerkania...ckstorage-kext/

https://dl.dropbox.com/s/w8abe64c73txmse/patch-ahci-mlion.zip

spakk are you using a FakeSMC kext and did you do a fresh install or an upgrade to get to 10.8?

fakesmc does not work for me for versions newer than 4.0. i recommend you to use an actually working version (4.0 and before)

spakk are you using a FakeSMC kext and did you do a fresh install or an upgrade to get to 10.8?

I have installed Mountain Lion 10.8 on my Intel - laptop, then with SuperDuper! 10.7.4 a backup on my external hard drive, then I have taken all modified AMD hardware drivers from LION 10.7.4 into folder S/L/E and the customized extra folder from LION.

I've installed all my AMD LION versions, and all of them have worked so far

fakesmc does not work for me for versions newer than 4.0. i recommend you to use an actually working version (4.0 and before)

I have taken FakeSMC without plugins.

I have now taken the IOAHCIFamily.kext and IONetworkingFamily.kext from LION 10.7.4.

And now com.apple.iokit.IOAHCIBlockStorage is loaded.

Now it remains to be at the following line:

kxld com.apple.driver.AppleRTL8169Ethernet: In interface com.apple.kpi.iokit of__kernel__.couldnt find symbol ___ ZNçIOService19copyMatchingServiceEP120SDictionary

:wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:

Now it stops at---> [RealtekRTL81xx:init] RealtekRTL81xx.kext v0.0.90 ©2010-2011 by Lnx2Mac (lnx2mac@gmail.com)

YAY we're getting somewhere!!! boot without RealtekRTL81xx

yes, thank you, i have deleted the driver but no success. I think that the video card driver is the problem. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI.

Tomorrow I will check the video card driver and if necessary revise.

yes, thank you, i have deleted the driver but no success. I think that the video card driver is the problem. I have the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 550 TI.

Tomorrow I will check the video card driver and if necessary revise.

No offense, but I think trying to load 10.8 kexts against a 10.7 kernel will largely be like pissing in the wind. You're going to be chasing down and trying to meet dependencies or at the very least, eliminating them all together. What will we have learned from a system with a dozen or more kexts that didn't load if it even boots at all?

We need to be focusing our efforts on getting a 10.8 kernel booted as far as we can.

I think my discovery about the fips_mode=0 is intriguing to sidestep corecrypto. Its hard to tell if its significant at this point. If I do that on an Intel 10.8 install then the next to load is AppleIntelPowerManagement. I tried a NULLCpuPM kext from a 10.8 USB installer I've been using to no avail.

-Z

• Like 1

Hi, folks!

Here's the diff for the most successful of our patched kernels untill now, that one that panics/freezes with core crypto.kext:XNU.diff.zip

Good morning theconnactic ,

Thanks in advance for your work. I will test the kernel, tonight. I am now at work. I'm already looking forward to the test.

:-)

For which kernel can I take your last xnu.diff?

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Good morning theconnactic ,

Thanks in advance for your work. I will test the kernel, tonight. I am now at work. I'm already looking forward to the test.

:-)

For which kernel can I take your last xnu.diff?

Spakk, the diff isn't really new: is from the latest "connactic" kernel, that one that gives us kernel panics with core crypto. I didn't post it before, so i post now so anyone could edit it and improve it. It basically the bronzovkAnvoodoo diff, with minor changes so it compiles with 10.8 kernel. So that answers your question: you should use it with 10.8.0 XNU, for build tha last connactic kernel i posted (the output won't really be "connactic"but mach_kernel instead: i rename it so i wouldn't have to replace the original kernel).

P.S.: I just found my insanelymac signature was wrong, lol! I was using 10.7.4 with raw's kernel with my AMD - which i downgraded to Snow Leopard. On my Intel, i'm with 10.8.2. When i edited the sig, i copied and pasted from the AMD machine description and change 10.7.4 to 10.8.2, but forgot to erase "running 32-bit with raw kernel". That could've been misleading, so i'm luck to have noticed it soon. :)

• Like 1

Spakk, the diff isn't really new: is from the latest "connactic" kernel, that one that gives us kernel panics with core crypto. I didn't post it before, so i post now so anyone could edit it and improve it. It basically the bronzovkAnvoodoo diff, with minor changes so it compiles with 10.8 kernel. So that answers your question: you should use it with 10.8.0 XNU, for build tha last connactic kernel i posted (the output won't really be "connactic"but mach_kernel instead: i rename it so i wouldn't have to replace the original kernel).

P.S.: I just found my insanelymac signature was wrong, lol! I was using 10.7.4 with raw's kernel with my AMD - which i downgraded to Snow Leopard. On my Intel, i'm with 10.8.2. When i edited the sig, i copied and pasted from the AMD machine description and change 10.7.4 to 10.8.2, but forgot to erase "running 32-bit with raw kernel". That could've been misleading, so i'm luck to have noticed it soon. :)

1.Test;

running with kernel "connactic" and with last "xnu.diff"

System stops at the following point:

tclock_init: Taking bus ratio path 3 AMD Phenom

tclock_init: Phenom MSR 0xc0010071 returned:0x140000c15

TSC: Verification of clock speed not available in x86_64.

Darwin Kernel Version 12.0.0: Fri Oct 5 03.08.06 BRT 2012: bronzovkANVoodoo v0.9.30;XNUPATCHED/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64

vm_page_bootstrap: 1069708 free pages and 91828 wired pages

Kext supmap 0xffffff7f8080b000 - 0xffffff8000000000 , kernel text 0xffffff8000200000 - 0xffffff800080b000

zone leak detection enabled

standard timeslicing quantum is 10000 us

standard background quantum is 2500 us

mig_table_max_displ=74

2.Test;

with last bronzovka Kernel and last "xnu.diff" with boot flag: -legacy -v -f arch=i386 cpus=6

System stops at the following point:

kxld com.apple.driver.AppleFWOHCI; In interface com.apple.kpi.unsupported of ____kernel___, couldn't find symbol _mach_gss_lookup

3.Test;

I disabled in the BIOS Firewire. and started

started with boot flag: -legacy -v -f arch=i386 cpus=6

boat runs much better, I still have to rework a few mistakes. I sign up again later.......

3.Test;

No luck

• Like 1