Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Hi guys Hi girls,

I have just tried something, all Nvidia drivers from 10.8.2 (modified with my vendor-ID and device-ID)

Natit.kext (modified only with my vendor-ID and device-ID)

I forgot about it, with ATY.kext also modified just like Natit: kext

Chameleon.boot.plist with Efi string from my GTX 550 TI 3GB. System boots up, the screen remains dark.

Next test:

All Nvidia drivers from 10.8.2 (modified with my vendor-ID and device-ID)

Natit.kext (modified with my vendor-ID and device-ID and with my PCI),

I forgot about it, with ATY.kext also modified just like Natit: kext

Chameleon.boot.plist with Efi string from my GTX 550 TI 3GB. System boots, mountain lion lives! Screen is activated and I get to the desktop. one minutes Iater comes a kernel panic, see pictures

I think I'm on the right path :king:

10.tiff

Edited by spakk

but still shows me 0 MB Graphic Memory! :wallbash:

Next Test!

I have now inserted the whole EFI string in the Natit.kext, now the desktop is not content to see! I can see only Dock, verry crazy

oups! I started the finder with right mouse click, the desktop is now content to see, and about a minute later, KP! :wallbash:

I upload the image with the KP, one moment

Next test, system boots normally, everything appears

now it works better

IMG_6093a.jpg

12.jpg

Edited by spakk

as far as I was able to locate the KP is:

_pmap_remove_range ....

_vm_map...............

that has something to do with the Nvidia graphics card or?

I don't know what it means, but it's quite what i used to have running Snow Leopard in 64-bit mode with a Geforce G210, using Sinetek's ssse3 kernel. It used to happen when i try to open any file from a Finder window. I only switched to ATI after erasing Snow Leopard from my computer, so i cannot check if i'd have better results with my HD 5450.

Nosse3bit works but this time system doesn't accept my login. I'm pretty sure about login info but when I enter system doesn't accept.

Strange...

boot again but in single user mode

-s

/sbin/fsck -fy

/sbin/mount -uw /

than give: reboot or exit

I realized first time yesterday. This issue causing from Sinetek ml3 kernel. I put back to Andy's amd_kernel again which on first page I could login again. But at the moment at least for me ML 10.8.3 is useless because of medium level graphical glitches. There are many problems even QE/CI and multi display works. Back to Lion

Nosse3bit works but this time system doesn't accept my login. I'm pretty sure about login info but when I enter system doesn't accept.

Strange...

This.

I noticed during booting that the FIPS tests failed.

I just want to install Little Snitch on my test Mountain version, please, see the error message!

pretty funny :worried_anim:

ERROR: The following Kernel Extension is broken:

ERROR: Prelink failed for com.nvidia.driver.AppleNForceATA; aborting prelink.

ERROR: Please check whether an update is available for the software package

ERROR: containing this kernel extension or uninstall it.

ERROR: For more details, run the following command in a Terminal window:

ERROR: sudo kextcache -v 6 -update-volume

litle Snitch Install-Error.jpg

Edited by spakk

I have always taken the applenforceata.kext, the installed version is your last version for Mountain Lion or should i use supernforceata.kext?

I can not take anything else, this is version 1.0.4 everything else is for i386 !!

after I rebooted my system little snitch works now again :king:

Instant reboots on my Athlon II X2 240, same as RC13 on Lion, do you think it is something with Athlon CPUs? I also noticed you named old_phenom... Anyway thanks for the kernel Bronya!

Deleted.

I forgot for old processors =)))

:D thanks Bronya, i'm kinda anxious now!

hey dudesss :D Im having a lot of success on my APU..but well..any kernel for 10.8.4? (I am totally outdated :s ) my APU is a lot alike an FX so... :P ?

• Like 1

Yeah any new kernels to test ..? the installer GUI loads up just fine ... the strange thing is i don't see any graphical issues on the installer gui ... no strange blocks or anything ... everything is just perfect ... smooth and fast.. i boot with " -v -x -f '' when i put in ncpi=0x2000 or 3000 the installer won't load .... p.s i tryed ncpi=0x9000 for fun ... get it .. " it's over 9000 '' no luck in booting ML ... on a HP Pavilion G6 2052SD - AMD A6 4400M .. now with 16GB Corsair 1600Mhz DDR3

hey dudesss :D Im having a lot of success on my APU..but well..any kernel for 10.8.4? (I am totally outdated :s ) my APU is a lot alike an FX so... :P ?

Anv worked fine..just had the wrong strings :P thanks anyways ;D

Hi guys and girls, I am indeed very thankful that we are so far gone so far. I mean Mountain Lion starts fine on AMD, start and almost all of the programs and tools, but we should put our focus on the problem of why we have the problem with QE / CI with all Nvidia fermi chip graphics card with AMD-kernel.

many other user who have installed Mountain Lion on an Intel processor with GTX550 TI, have no problems and there graphics card works without problems and with QE / CI! but with AMD-kernel, there is the problem with all fermi chip graphics card.

Mountain Lion with working GTX550TI (with Intel CPU) see here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3mZVbbpCklo

I have tried almost everything I've read on the internet so far, unfortunately, zero chance, to enable QE / CI.

My question to our programmers, they have the code snippets that I've recently uploaded (nvidia graphics drivers for freeBSD) looked in detail, maybe they can use to implement this code snippets in the AMD-kernels, possibly fix the problem.

I thank you for your efforts

Edit:

I would very much appreciate if you would write here your ideas

Edited by spakk

good results with the current sinetek DP1 kernel with FX CPU seem to work (see Test from Gils #135 ) , but so far, the kernel does not boot with my CPU.

any tip / idea how to work with sinetek kernel on Phenom II are very welcome (boot flag and adjustments)

my problem is how can I fix it 0 MB Video Memory? has someone an idea?

Problem.tiff

Edited by spakk

According to the youtube video of gils83, Geforce based cards works with ML, but spakk says doesn't work.

Missing I somethings?

Edit: Can I use my 9800 GT with ML und sinetek kernel together, with QE/CI and multidisplay?

spakk, i think that properties dsdt for processor intel and amd differents, it so problem in 64 bit =)))

I see yours pictures , if "video memory = 0" it is no correct properties in natit.kext or aty_init.kext or evoenabler.kext :)

According to the youtube video of gils83, Geforce based cards works with ML, but spakk says doesn't work.

Missing I somethings?

Edit: Can I use my 9800 GT with ML und sinetek kernel together, with QE/CI and multidisplay?

no, this is a misunderstanding, GTX550 TI works very fine, the graphics are also very good, and the Systeminformation also show the correct information on my GTX550Ti but without QE/CI

when I start the OpenGL Extensions Viewer then the following details are also displayed: 0 MB Video Memory. --> where comes this grievance? from Kernel? and how to fix the problem?

spakk, i think that properties dsdt for processor intel and amd differents, it so problem in 64 bit =)))

I see yours pictures , if "video memory = 0" it is no correct properties in natit.kext or aty_init.kext or evoenabler.kext :)

yes Bronzovka, but how can I fix the problem?

• Like 1

no, this is a misunderstanding, GTX550 TI works very fine, the graphics are also very good, and the Systeminformation also show the correct information on my GTX550Ti but without QE/CI

when I start the OpenGL Extensions Viewer then the following details are also displayed: 0 MB Video Memory. --> where comes this grievance? from Kernel? and how to fix the problem?

yes Bronzovka, but how can I fix the problem?

You so try copy dump properties nvidia from dmesg from memory from intel and copy properties nvidia add to in info.plist and try on amd =)

One question to you ! On intel shows MB for "video memory" ? :)

You so try copy dump properties nvidia from dmesg from memory from intel and copy properties nvidia add to in info.plist and try on amd =)

One question to you ! On intel shows MB for "video memory" ? :)

I understand they bronzovka properly install the nvidia graphics card in an Intel Hackintosh, then make copy-dump features and integrate them into the AMD hackintosh nvidia info.plist. I did not have as much experience with it, I will inform myself on the internet how to do it

thanks for the info, bronzovka, I'll try it :king: