Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

thank you,

the phenom / Clover in 1050, I have no "panic", the system starts normally flag:-nossse3bit / busratio=xx / chameleon with, but the same problems as "sinedp1" severe bugs that opencl causes the bug "DOC" and "Finder"

i386 or x86_64 ?

Not working application vmware , get panic . Maybe , others problems for some applications.

No correct fsb . Fast speed .

No correct cache...

:(

Well I made a small change that will set hard coded FSB, when using Chameleon here, not sure about other EFI bootloaders / configurations - I know it is a dirty workaround, shame on me. :bag:

You are right about part of the code. Especially the used hacks at tsc calculation code are pretty deprecated and need serious rework, done by someone with the necessary skills and understanding.

What site ? =))

InfiniteMac Forum...

The latest domain meanwhile leads to another OSx86 website, but no real matter.

Man see; it will be realy great if you are going release a Kernel that will adress the above issues, but

...it would be even more great, if everyone could have a look at the changes, learn from comparing, make own adjustments, etc.

It was the initial release of ToH Kernel source code, that made the development of Voodoo Kernel with all it's advantages possible back in time.

This decission has enabled all the progress on xnu development, that has been made until today. It has always been the product of the contribution of many people.

As another example; the development of opemu - a product of communication - just read back this thread.

I think there are no doubts, the state of development could be much further, if the involved people would behave differntly....

• Like 5

Folks, let's cool down already, all of us!

What's happening here is miscommunication because of language difficulties - not everyone can express themselves just like a native speaker: we must have it in mind before taking offense with any post made by our fellow hackintoshers. Please use common sense, guys! We're all grown ups.

That said, i won't delete any posts, but i'll ask you guys to please focus on kernel testing from now on. Counting on your help to keep this forum awesome as it is since day one.

All the best!

• Like 5

last Andys amd_kernel

that's been my best installation

This was developed for Tiger, with Leopard support in Beta. I think it's very unlikely that it would work on Mountain Lion.. Couldn't hurt to try though. If anyone does, post back with results :)

Here is the download link for ML version: https://developer.apple.com/downloads/index.action

:king:

I just install at the moment the trial version of CS6 Master Collection. The installation takes a very long time. There are no problems with the installation. The system is very stable

on the other partition I have been playing Mountain Lion Update 10.8.4, as soon as the CS6 Install is completed, I will boot to test the partition with Mountain Lion 10.8.4

Edited by spakk

Unfortunately I have too much expected. Shortly before the end (98 percent) I get a kernel panic :wallbash:

amazingly but its works :king:

but not all tools working, is logically. Intersting for me, it's that I have come close to my best settings for my hardware. I still possessed no Perfect Hackintosh, is self-explanatory, it remains a test Hackintosh.

If interested, I would like upload here my last Kernel Panic from Diagnostic folder (see Archiv.zip), maybe someone has an idea what caused has led to crash?

Archiv.zip

8.tiff

here is my current installation for Mountain Lion 10.8.2 on GA990FXA-UD3 with Nvidia GTX 550 TI 3GB, see upload again with all the ingredients that you need - all :) Extra folder with dsdt . aml, etc., extensions and modification for iMac13, 2 ​​etc :king:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285110-amd-working-builds/

• Like 1

the information is contained in the zip file, unfortunately only in German, takes google translator

sh_it ALC889 sound does not work despite Revised DSDT and AppleHDA.kext, will probably have to take the VoodooHDA. oder meine USB MBox2

Cool, I can hear again! :thumbsup_anim::trumpet: with Mbox 2 mini on Mountain lion :king:

Next, I will install my Pro Tools, the installation DVDs are for several months now and have accumulated dust, today I'm going to get rid of these dust. I'm looking forward to do it :superman:

Here, once again many thanks to Sinetek, Andy and theconnactic and all others who have believed in the great cause, and have worked great and inexhaustible. :wink2: :thumbsup_anim:

Although there is no QE / CI, but I am once satisfied with my work on my Hackintosh :king:

• Like 1

Hey guys, whats up? Here i come with another pseudo developer question about our problems with the nvidia cards.

Well, because of the motherboard i have, the tests with my Pentium 4 doesn't gone any further, i have another board but it is older and has AGP connection so i will not be able to test the card.

I was reading a lot about DSDT's and the OS X Kernel, but my skills are so basic that i could not even get some certain about that. But a lot of questions still populates my brain, the last, one that i could not figure out by myself follows:

Assuming that the Kexts uses the same part &/or functions of the kernel. Could the problem be an compatibility issue between the chipsets that drives the data to the card? I mean, an ATI chipset improving the performance of an ATI graphic card because of an technology they both share. It would explain in terms why we, nvidia users, are experiencing problems on getting QE but we can achieve CI and custom resolutions. I really don't know, i would really like to fully disable my "ATI HD2100" onboard graphics just to test it, it is listed on System Info app, and i tryed to disable it on BIOS but it seems that theres no way to do so. If this is possible to do it via DSDT, i would love if someone could write some patch to do so. I really don't know if this makes sense. I'm really sorry if i'm being redundant, but i couldn't find any post talking about this. And of course i'm sorry if this is kinda noob question.

Thank you guys.

Cheers,

a user from the Nouveau project writes: "The Nouveau driver project that's been writing an open-source NVIDIA graphics driver (for Linux) via reverse-engineering has moved forward in their support. The Nouveau driver now has OpenCL acceleration support to do GPGPU computing on the open-source community driver for several generations of GeForce GPUs.

Therefore, let us to do explore the results of the Nouveau project to make a compatible driver for Nvidia for OSX. :angel_not:

https://wiki.archlin...ndex.php/NVIDIA

what is it? http://www.nvidia.co.uk/object/cuda_opencl_new_uk.html

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

I have sent Nvidia a message, with the request around construction of a compatible driver of Mountain Lion to enjoy the full compatibility with QE/CI remains to wait what they responses to me ? :wink2:

here the message: :jester:

https://forums.geforce.com/default/topic/542104/geforce-500-400-series/gtx-550-ti-with-problems-via-mountain-lion-with-qe-ci/

Edited by spakk
  • Like 1

Hello people!

Does it possibility to import FreeBSD driver into Mac OS X?

there is a current FreeBSD driver for nvidia graphics cards, this I would like to test it, if is feasible the import to Mac OSX

can anyone give me an answer whether this is feasible?

unfortunately I have not the experience, I have read about the beginning of the hackintosh user have been to imported driver from freeBSD to Mac OS X , unfortunately, the disclosures very thin, I will look into the deep.

Edited by spakk

I have sent Nvidia a message, with the request around construction of a compatible driver of Mountain Lion to enjoy the full compatibility with QE/CI remains to wait what they responses to me ? :wink2:

here the message: :jester:

https://forums.gefor...ion-with-qe-ci/

loooooool

Sorry but i´ve to write about it because its really funny.

You can´t write to nvidia cause nvidia has nothing to do with it.

1. It will work on a intel for sure (so it have something to do with the kernel or a other amd specific thing)

2. nVidia doesn´t write drivers for a mac, apple does

But please don´t write a mail to apple now. ;)

• Like 1

loooooool

Sorry but i´ve to write about it because its really funny.

You can´t write to nvidia cause nvidia has nothing to do with it.

1. It will work on a intel for sure (so it have something to do with the kernel or a other amd specific thing)

2. nVidia doesn´t write drivers for a mac, apple does

But please don´t write a mail to apple now. ;)

The sh_it has gone into the pants! The trial went neatly into the trousers! or so ? Unfortunately, that is the problem if I can not properly assess the cause of the problem :jester:

I've made ​​me a clown again, such a sh_it ! :wallbash: