Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I do not have a backup unfortunately.

I'm looking for a way to create an user from single mode. Because I was login only username:root/pass method. I don't have any created user on this mac.

I don't have any user name in /Users folder also.

You want to use dscl. http://osxdaily.com/2007/10/29/how-to-add-a-user-from-the-os-x-command-line-works-with-leopard/

Nosse3bit works but this time system doesn't accept my login. I'm pretty sure about login info but when I enter system doesn't accept.

Strange...

ce n'est pas Nosse3bit , c'est -nossse3bit ;)

this is not Nosse3bit , it's -nossse3bit ;)

ce n'est pas Nosse3bit , c'est -nossse3bit ;)

this is not Nosse3bit , it's -nossse3bit ;)

I know it's only an auto correction issue

Ps. Create user from command shell doesn't work with error launchctl couldn't stat no such file or directory nothing found to load data source / not valid

Which graphics card, which kernel, which (if any) patched kext(s), and which bootloader? All the kernels have different requirements. I wonder if someone could just merge them into one.. :)

Hey bro, thanks for your reply.

The GFX is a EVGA nVidia GeForce GT 440 - 1Gb RAM - PCI-e - Dvi:Dvi:Hdmi

The kernel is the latest AnV kernel.

I didn't tried any patched kext for graphics just some for work around the missing AHCI support and i don't remember exactly which ones i used, i'll see if i could list them later.

I have used the latest chameleon version on a separate thumbdrive. Tryed to boot in the installer(another thumb), in a clean install i did on friday(HDD) and in a installation with cuda and nVidia drivers already on it(HDD). I'll give a shot on clover soon as possible.

Yeah that would be great! :D

Anyway thanks for the support, i'm really enjoying InsanelyMac and AMD family. :rolleyes:

Hey bro, thanks for your reply.

The GFX is a EVGA nVidia GeForce GT 440 - 1Gb RAM - PCI-e - Dvi:Dvi:Hdmi

The kernel is the latest AnV kernel.

I didn't tried any patched kext for graphics just some for work around the missing AHCI support and i don't remember exactly which ones i used, i'll see if i could list them later.

I have used the latest chameleon version on a separate thumbdrive. Tryed to boot in the installer(another thumb), in a clean install i did on friday(HDD) and in a installation with cuda and nVidia drivers already on it(HDD). I'll give a shot on clover soon as possible.

Yeah that would be great! :D

Anyway thanks for the support, i'm really enjoying InsanelyMac and AMD family. :rolleyes:

test this modified driver for GeForce GT 440 here

• Like 1

Hello sinetek why I need every time when I want to test your kernel, used the modified anv_corecrypto.kext instead of the standard corecrypto.kext?

is it possible to change that in your next kernel? to avoid unnecessary adjustment. Many thanks for your work so far and the possible adaptation in advance :king:

PS: the test with ml3 kernel expired without success :worried_anim:

or you have a Idea how I will get to run your ml3 kernel with my cpu (Phenom II X6 1100T) ? boot flag etc..

I have a question about Graphics Card,

I was using 9800GT 512mb and I was happy with this card but during Lion installation I couldn't it install this properly and bought a Sapphire 5450 1gb ram.

personally I don't like Radeon cards, I'm using often Windows and Radeon cards makes only trouble on me (for example, Custom resolutions problems)

So I decided try again my 9800GT with ML, what is your ideas? Can I install this card and use with multi display and QE/CI?

Thanks

Actually I'm very happy with 10.7.5, everything works great except sounds. I can get sound via VoodooHDA and this solution is a temporary solution IMO. (It works only passthrough mode for digital output, it makes stuttering, because z5000 going to sleep immediatly when no data comes and completely it can't wake up immediatly: It makes stuttering. )

I tried to work my system with AppleHDA or DSDT but I couldn't get to work. Therefore I installed macos 10.8.3 but now everything is now more complicated (graphics glitches, kernel problems, etc)

During a search any fix for my lion sound problems I saw some Audio fixes that works on ML, so I wanted the try ML.

I compiled ML 10.8.3 kernel using Andy's latest diff file. Patch fails in two files. I patched manually those two files.

I used a ML 10.8.3 VB (retail install and nothing touched except Andy's ML 10.8.2 kernel and latest chameleon), and xcode 4.6.2 and tools from 10.8.3 source.

Booting with new 10.8.3 kernel, corecrypto fails and ended up KP.

I replaced corecrypto.kext with Andy's one, it went through up to the point of "Kernel is LP64", then error for loading launchd because AppleFSCompress could not handle properly.

I notice CommonCrypto and corecrypto.kext were updated since 10.8.2.

I think the first I do is; update Andy's corecrypto with the updated CommonCrypto, then booting will go further.

Anybody knows how to do it, or wait until Andy figures out?

post-545952-0-11912800-1366719091_thumb.png

EDIT:

I checked CommonCrypto source, only one header file in util was changed. I think it is not major change.

and -nossse3bit ? :)

No. This is Andy's ML10.8.2 kernel. If anyone wants to try, i try to upload the kernel I compiled.

EDIT:

I think no worth to try unless corecrypto is updated.

CommonCrypto is same from 10.8 to 10.8.2.

mach_kernel (sinetek_ml3) - it is bad kernel :glare:

I did for FX and working .

But i continue for old processors ...

what bout nVidia cards? Do deh work?

I used to compile xnu from 10.8.3 source tree using the patch Sinetek released publicly at https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/opemu/

I have added my favourite tweaks & Sinetek decryption routine. Dont Steal Mac OS X.kext is black listed.

Working very well on my FX configuration using Chameleon svn, with just VoodooHDA & RealtekRTL81xx for hardware support. :)

Download is included if anyone wants it, still primarily made for my usage...

sinetek_fx_fixed_decrypt_10_8_3.zip

• Like 3

Hi R:A:W:X86 !

Your mach_kernel for ml3 is same problems how u sinetek! :glare:

Please wait for my kernel ...

Out of curiosity What's the problem you are adressing with your release? If it is not graphics drivers?

Anyway I already expressed my opinion on keeping things closed to you on another hackintosh forum, 404 by now...

I don't see any lack of function except of graphics for my hardware configuration.

In addtion: I don't like using hacks I cannot comprehend on my system - another disadvantage of someone developing things closed source.

With all due respect for your work - specially the intial Lion xnu patch...

...you think you have the solitary permission, to work on this? How mad...

Gloryious times of OSx86 community are gone anyway... :P ...there are things more fun in computing these days...

• Like 1

Out of curiosity What's the problem you are adressing with your release? If it is not graphics drivers?

Not working application vmware , get panic . Maybe , others problems for some applications.

No correct fsb . Fast speed .

No correct cache...

:(

Anyway I already expressed my opinion on keeping things closed to you on another hackintosh forum, 404 by now...

What site ? =))

Sorry, I do not understand at the moment the current discussion, I may interpret this not correctly? perhaps? :king:

• Like 1