Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6293 replies to this topic

misterfrista

misterfrista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
Hey!

I successfully patched my dsdt - now the Graphicscard is shown correctly!

But still no luck with qe/ci !

@spakk: Do I need to install anything more to get qe/ci maybe the cuda drivers ?
I did exactly what you told me and nothing else!

I attached some screens and my system logs!

Attached Files

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts
here the complete folder with all the binaries found.
as has already been written, were found in my system overall seven binaries, you need move manually the missing Biniaries into the correct files. but I'm not conclusive whether this will help you further.

would anyone want for more binaries, then load up here! please

Attached Files

Adrian Andréas

Adrian Andréas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Someone has the motherboard:
Motherboard Name Asus M4A785TD-V Evo
and that is with the audio delay?
VIA VT1708S

madlock

madlock

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

EM64T is in Pentium4 6xx models, Pentium4 5x1 models and Celeron 3x1 and 3x6 models.
They are still quite common and widely used processors.

Many of us still have Pentium D series 64-bit processor, which has Intel EM64T too but only SSE3.
SSSE3 in Core2Duo has only 4 multimedia orders more. It would be really nice thing to give the
working legacy_kernel for this useful Pentium D processor.

Fortunately 10.6.8 works well with some 10.6.7 kexts and voodooHDA 2.7.4 , but working Lion
or Mountain Lion would be definitely nice.

This Kernel works also on Pentium D CPUs :.-)
Mine is 930 with 3 Ghz.
Work fine!!!

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
hi madlock

what kind boot flag are you using?

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
what does that say? I boot with 64-bit and. .WindowServer and mdworker32 makes bitching in x86 mode. who can decipher this and tell me how I can fix the problem.

see DiagnosticReports folder

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
:help: has someone an idea? :king:

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 349 posts
10.8.3 Still Graphics Problems - sigh :(

No audio lag so that's better thank goodness!

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
I have a problem with the text editor? Who knows the problem? as soon as I open the text editor the system breaks down. My Hackintosh worked for hours without a problem,then
I ran the AutoAMDTool1.1 via a terminal, it ran up to the connection without problems. when I opened the text editor to look at the AutoAMDTool.Log-file than came back our enemy opemu.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,845 posts
much more, the problem occurs when I press the right mouse button to edit a text interrupts the system together. can possibly have to do with the voodoops2?

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:OSX86
Oh my god guys am i so dumb or are you so lucky?? when i try to install clover(to boot anvs kernel on FX) I get one thing: boot0:error which is then overriden by clover which stays on screen with cursor at the left top and I can see HDD activity and hear iphones charging alert. I get no screen thought... could someone upload me a clover image? so i can restore it

R:A:W:X86

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Oh my god guys am i so dumb or are you so lucky?? when i try to install clover(to boot anvs kernel on FX) I get one thing: boot0:error which is then overriden by clover which stays on screen with cursor at the left top and I can see HDD activity and hear iphones charging alert. I get no screen thought... could someone upload me a clover image? so i can restore it

Clover does stay here _ as well.

I fixed the Chamelon boot on FX by setting a default FSB value of 200Mhz in case the bootloader fails - see [AMD] Working Builds! - work around for the moment.

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Clover does stay here _ as well.

I fixed the Chamelon boot on FX by setting a default FSB value of 200Mhz in case the bootloader fails - see [AMD] Working Builds! - work around for the moment.

So that should fix the instant reboot?
... If it does...youre my biggest hero... also...is 10.8.3 out???? id love to use my HD 7770

*EDIT* Also do you know why is my PC rejecting chameleon??????? anything i do i get boot0:GPT, boot0:test, boot0:done

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

So that should fix the instant reboot?

It does for me.

*edit* try to install boot0 and boot1h manualy...

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

*edit* try to install boot0 and boot1h manualy...

I did... did not work, anyway I somehow managed to install clover... I installed it to Macintosh HD(My /) and then i installed chameleon to the same volume... I deleted boot1,3,6 and boot and all Clover related stuff, reinstalled chameleon...and chameleon still says boot0:done but clover now shows up...

*EDIT* Different problem now... clover seems to be stuck at Loading Etensions.mkext...i see no HDD activity... also it ignores the amd_kernel boot argument... Im starting to hate clover sooo much

*EDIT2* I got a little further... Now im getting stuck at enabling tsc on blah blah blah

*QUESTION* Can i somehow extrack the boot0 and boot1h file from the pkg??? i wanna try manual installation again

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

I did... did not work, anyway I somehow managed to install clover... I installed it to Macintosh HD(My /) and then i installed chameleon to the same volume... I deleted boot1,3,6 and boot and all Clover related stuff, reinstalled chameleon...and chameleon still says boot0:done but clover now shows up...

*EDIT* Different problem now... clover seems to be stuck at Loading Etensions.mkext...i see no HDD activity... also it ignores the amd_kernel boot argument... Im starting to hate clover sooo much

*QUESTION* Can i somehow extrack the boot0 and boot1h file from the pkg??? i wanna try manual installation again

Clovers bootsectors make it possible to load Chameleon too.
There are 2 possibilities:
- put the Chameleon boot file into /boot
It'll load Chameleon automatically.
- put the Chameleon boot file into /boot1
It loads Clover by default.
To start Chameleon press 1 at boot

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 349 posts

also...is 10.8.3 out???? id love to use my HD 7770

No, the beta's get seeded to people on the Apple Developer program, There is a Kext ATI7000Controller, AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle, and it seems to be an Nvida one called NVDAStartup.

Since people are not allowed to discuss the Beta's on open forums no one will talk about this topic openly. Also I think the forum rules are that only Open Source kext are allowed to be posted I can't post them HERE.

Ok so back in the day Maxxuss did SSE3 to SSE2 driver patching, anyone know how he performed it? It was meant to bypass the emulation and hence calculate quicker, if anyone knows how he performed it and if that same way (with a bit of tweaking) can be done on the kext now?

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

No, the beta's get seeded to people on the Apple Developer program, There is a Kext ATI7000Controller, AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle, and it seems to be an Nvida one called NVDAStartup.

Since people are not allowed to discuss the Beta's on open forums no one will talk about this topic openly. Also I think the forum rules are that only Open Source kext are allowed to be posted I can't post them HERE.

Thank you. I got a little further...now I have ml successfully installed but if I try to boot it using chameleon... I get a kp right after blacklisting starts... just a small kp only two lines in backtrace... If i try to boot it up using clover it say: This Version of Mac OS X is not supported on your platform Reason=Macxxxxxxx(some characters)

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 349 posts

Thank you. I got a little further...now I have ml successfully installed but if I try to boot it using chameleon... I get a kp right after blacklisting starts... just a small kp only two lines in backtrace... If i try to boot it up using clover it say: This Version of Mac OS X is not supported on your platform Reason=Macxxxxxxx(some characters)

Do you know what SMBIOS you are using?
Had this before with the exact same laptop next to each other!
One was booting and the other came up with that!

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts

Do you know what SMBIOS you are using?
Had this before with the exact same laptop next to each other!
One was booting and the other came up with that!

Clovers using Mac Pro 5,1

Sry...my bad 3,1

*EDIT* I entered Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS to clover...will see

*EDIT2* I just noticed a weird thing....clovers not running neither from my EFI volume nor from my main...and I have no other...

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

5 user(s) are reading this topic

4 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy