Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6101 replies to this topic

Thunderbolt

Thunderbolt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 244 posts
Hmmm I think this kernel may not support my GT210

misterfrista

misterfrista

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 55 posts
I have got exactly the Same Problems with both of your Tools on lion 10.7.4 Bulldozer! This one simply closes and the other tool gives an Output in terminal! But i dont think that it has to do with your kernel, as i am using raws arm!

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
GILS=HERO

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts

It patches cpuids for system apps and decrypts core apps + replaces them automatically.
I hope it will solve the graphic issues.
If it doesn't work try pointing it to the /Applications and /System folders before clicking run

I'm creating my 10.8 installer disk now, i'll test the app when i'm finished!

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,728 posts
Hi Andy, I now have everything reinstalled and modified binaries with your tool, unfortunately I get the same message Panic! opemu_utrap the exact same panic message. can it be that the Phenom II X6 T1100 not properly supported entirely by the kernel?

as I have already described several times, does this panic message as soon as I open a program or want to, for example, to copy something or want to edit something.

http://www.insanelym...cpuid-patchert/
IMG_5432a.jpg

IMG_5431a.jpg

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

Hi Andy, I now have everything reinstalled and modified binaries with your tool, unfortunately I get the same message Panic! opemu_utrap the exact same panic message. can it be that the Phenom II X6 T1100 not properly supported entirely by the kernel?

as I have already described several times, does this panic message as soon as I open a program or want to, for example, to copy something or want to edit something.

http://www.insanelym...cpuid-patchert/

If you can without it giving a KP open Console and find the log from any of the apps that caused the KP and post it to PasteBin then here

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
I can say that Clover really boots andy's kernel on fx!
I also got the problem of 2.2GHz, but you need to change the bus speed in clover CPU settings.
Wasn't able to use AMD fix by Andy though :(

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,600 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

I also got the problem of 2.2GHz, but you need to change the bus speed in clover CPU settings.

Yeah Clover V2 is the best bootloader I've ever seen.
Full EFI even on non-EFI BIOSes

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 339 posts
Hey I don't know if this helps anyone but the graphics problems seems to be a lot less if I use cpus=1. Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, if so my bad.

Took a screenshot on YouTube :http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9492/screenshot20130203at125.png

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
that would mean that the cpus wont be routed good i think.
And if that is right, than Andy's fix should work! As it routes the cpus better...

rusetsky

rusetsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hey I don't know if this helps anyone but the graphics problems seems to be a lot less if I use cpus=1. Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, if so my bad.

Took a screenshot on YouTube :http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9492/screenshot20130203at125.png

safari and had no problems with the graphics. problem in Google chrome

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 339 posts

safari and had no problems with the graphics. problem in Google chrome

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem
Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"
like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

that would mean that the cpus wont be routed good i think.
And if that is right, than Andy's fix should work! As it routes the cpus better...

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

alfonsojon

alfonsojon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Andy's AutoAMDTool just managed to break skype and my kernel; however, my Nvidia GeForce GTX 550 Ti doesn't display anymore, rather than having a grey screen. I'll take this as some progress :)

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 339 posts
Just to update, Chrome is working with the switch "--disable-accelerated-compositing" and PepperFlash (haven't tested with Adobe Flash as PepperFlash is built in)

Screenshot here: http://imageshack.us...130203at604.png

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:OSX86

Not so lucky here :D when i try to boot os x with clover(it sees it as Legacy OS) I just get a screen with the HDD logo and nothing. If i press enter i get back to HDD selection... This is just so painful...snow leopard was WAAAAY easier to install :D

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 146 posts
Lol, thats another HDD ;p
It doesn't detect your OS X.

Try to restore iAtkos ML2 to a USB Device, and then install clover to that.

xmaniak100

xmaniak100

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 59 posts
  • Interests:OSX86

Lol, thats another HDD ;p
It doesn't detect your OS X.

Try to restore iAtkos ML2 to a USB Device, and then install clover to that.

Wont work...it has to be FAT32 while iAtkos ML2 is HFS+, i tried making myhack installer of ML on one partition and installing clover on the other one but same result... Also permission repair didnt fix that last problem... If i could install clover to my HDD... but their boot sectors are screwed :/

Mad Marcsen

Mad Marcsen

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 67 posts

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem
Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"
like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

doesn't work for me. cpus=1 does nothing here, still the same as without.

and for chrome:

fnordx64-2:MacOS MadMarcsen$ ./Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 339 posts

doesn't work for me. cpus=1 does nothing here, still the same as without.

and for chrome:

fnordx64-2:MacOS MadMarcsen$ ./Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ok try my version, I know I did patch PepperFlash with Marvin AMD Utility but didn't think it would make a difference. Busy on my Chrome now but will edit when I Mount the Image again and run it from the untouched dmg and report if i get the same.

EDIT: Ok so I used the Untouched Image in terminal like so:
Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Volumes/Google\ Chrome/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

And no Trace/BPT trap: 5 (stackoverflow shows an xcode problem with that but i doubt that is true in this case) so the cpuid does not make a difference, I guess.

Please explain the steps you take and maybe I can try recreate this problem or upload your version of chrome,
Just incase I uploaded my cpuid version here: https://www.dropbox....twBqnoVCicYEkgK

Can someone else please try and report back, also try disable Adobe Flash and just have PepperFlash running by typing the URL "chrome://plugins/" click details (far right) and disable the shockwave flash that is not pepperflash.

It shouldn't make a difference as I tried with Adobe Flash enabled and pepperflash disabled as per this screenshot:
http://img824.images...130205at256.png

How I normally do it is open terminal from the spotlight, in Finder, go to Applications --> Google Chrome, right click, "Show Package Contents" -> Contents -> MacOS -> Google Chrome. Drag that into terminal and type "--disable-accelerated-compositing" (without quotes of course) and enter. But that is because I'm lazy :P

As for the Graphics cpus=1, the problem is still there but I get less when I start with that kernel flag.

Tyler Worth

Tyler Worth

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 34 posts
Can someone please make a full tut for AMD FX 8150 please i still have had no luck.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

4 user(s) are reading this topic

2 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy