Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Even more amazing news!!!

Kernel: mach_sse42_only THANKS SINETEK

CPU: FX-8120

GPU: XFX HD4890 1024mb Full QE/CI

GRAPHICS FULLY WORK !!

Get yourself that d*mn card !!!!!

af864eac.jpg

Glad that you solved your problem.

Now I take a doubt!

you are using:

Kernel mach_sse42_only + ML DP1 + update 10.8.2?

Yes i did! But i did not update inside osx.

Just downloaded 10.8.2 installESD.dmg and restored it to an usb flash drive.

Booted from the flash drive and installed (it see's DP1 so just updates it)

Even more amazing news!!!

Kernel: mach_sse42_only THANKS SINETEK

CPU: FX-8120

GPU: XFX HD4890 1024mb Full QE/CI

GRAPHICS FULLY WORK !!

Get yourself that d*mn card !!!!!

af864eac.jpg

Yes i did! But i did not update inside osx.

Just downloaded 10.8.2 installESD.dmg and restored it to an usb flash drive.

Booted from the flash drive and installed (it see's DP1 so just updates it)

Explain to us what you did to get it working please :D

Explain to us what you did to get it working please :D

- Install DP1 with sinetek dp1 kernel.

- Install 10.8.2 over that installation (so actually update ;) ) with sinetek mach_sse42_only kernel.

- Install "Exotic patch" *

- Reboot and enjoy your full functional hackintosh (you might need to install other drivers for sound/wifi)

I boot with : npci=0x2000 -v (clover rL1050)

* = Exotic patch is made by Netkas,it contains to patched kext to get full QE/CI on HD48xx ONLY

just get the one for your version of osx. (this one) (10.8.2 12C54)

is there a working 10.8.3 kernel yet?, i have a working copy of OS X 10.8.3 on vmware, using a premade vmware image, but id love to actually install OSX, and the easiest way seems to be using Niresh's 10.8.2 AMD Enabled ISO. and then updating to 10.8.3

but id be worried about the kernel

is there a working 10.8.3 kernel yet?, i have a working copy of OS X 10.8.3 on vmware, using a premade vmware image, but id love to actually install OSX, and the easiest way seems to be using Niresh's 10.8.2 AMD Enabled ISO. and then updating to 10.8.3

but id be worried about the kernel

Hi!

The amd_kernel for 10.8.2 works without issues for 10.8.3 too.

All the best!

Hi..there is no kernel that is allowing me boot my HP Pavilion g6-2151sp which contains an AMD A6-4400M APU ** it has ssse3 and sse3 and much moreee as you can see here: https://www.dropbox....PUZAPUAMDA6.png

Any kernel I try..computer restarts automatically :(

Is there any thing I can do? (I really want Mac osx on this laptop :P )

Thanks in Advance

Andy, you've been here a while - any idea how long it usually takes Apple to release XNU source? I'd like to try to apply sinedp1.diff to the 10.8.x kernel, then make a few patches to work around the lack of corecrypto, but I'm not going to bother doing it now if the sources for 10.8.3 will come out soon..

Andy, you've been here a while - any idea how long it usually takes Apple to release XNU source? I'd like to try to apply sinedp1.diff to the 10.8.x kernel, then make a few patches to work around the lack of corecrypto, but I'm not going to bother doing it now if the sources for 10.8.3 will come out soon..

Usually 2 to 3 weeks.

In the worst case known a month.

They should be available soon

Hi, I'm trying to install Mac OS X ML using iAtkos on a VirtualBox machine. I have an AMD Phenom X4 processor. Just as the installation process begins I get a Kernel Panic, showing there's a problem related to corecrypto.

Does anyone know what can I do to fix this?

Here's screenshot 1 and screenshot 2.

First off don't know if anyone has helped you yet if so, sorry for the double post,

First post ever, on this topic is a corecrypt.kext, replace the corecrypto with AnV's one found there, or use the Kernel by AnV :)

You are using the DP1 Kernel to launch the setup right? GONNA tell you now that is not the only Kernel Panic you gonna get. :) The next will likely be "AppleACPIPlatformExpert"

Since you are gonna run it in VirtualBox you shouldn't care about QE/CI so use the AnV Kernel, :) that will give you no Kernel Panics :)

I created kernel_x86_64 for ML . Same artifacts. i deleted AMDRadeonAcelerated.kext and no artifacts, but slow QE/CI ! It is problem AMDRadeonAcelerated.kext .

Need patch .

Please wait for my kernel !!! I soon try create kernel_i386 !!!I go sleep ...

post-31928-0-52229400-1364502234_thumb.png

• Like 4

Out of curiosity, Bronzovka, which card do you use?

The artifacts, they affect the entire system or only a few apps?

I'm asking because with my 5450 silent and 10.8.3, only Safari used to be unusably glitched, but i simply disable composite hw acceleration and now Safari behaves like it should.

of course it is, that's the first time I hear of success with nvidia and ML.

the login loop is something i have seen.. you can go and delete the failing dylib, no clue if that will fix it for ya.

/System/Library/Frameworks/OpenCL.framework/Libraries/libcldcpuengine.dylib

^^^ that procedure is just a bandaid really, we need to figure out a real fix

The artifacts, they affect the entire system or only a few apps?

I'm asking because with my 5450 silent and 10.8.3, only Safari used to be unusably glitched, but i simply disable composite hw acceleration and now Safari behaves like it should.

Artifacts only Safari and Dock .

gils83, first look i386 , then answer ))

Maybe it is IONDRVSupport.kext .

Artifacts only Safari and Dock .

Hi, Bronzovka!

You can solve Safari this way: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/287453-how-to-enable-safari-with-107-64-bit-or-108-on-amd-machines/

About dock, with my 5450 it works like a wonder, but i think it's also a matter of disabling composite drawing/HW acceleration for it to solve the issue with your card. That way, you can have a Mountain Lion experience nearly flawless (here, with the 5450, everything works flawlessly or with negligible glitches, like Chrome).

All the best!