Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6114 replies to this topic

claure

claure

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts
I have this errors at boot with usb when installing mountain lion with amd kernel:

USBF: 1.378 AppleUSBEHCI checksleepcapability controller will be unloaded across sleep.

thankyou

dongyue1992

dongyue1992

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts
can't use on APU such as A8-4500M,instant reboots when loaded kexts,please update the kernel to support this

cecekpawon

cecekpawon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts
With latest Andy's kernel (md5: 6B38618FAFAB92588C6768DD13DFF3AD) & my old Athlon X2 3800, smooth installation iatkos ML2. But always KP (opemu...)10 seconds after login

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
Problem whit nVidia and some ATi GPUs is becose they run drivers in 32-Bit mod,
this kernel is 64-Bit (x86_64),untyle its runing in 32Bit (i386) we can only dream about it.

People who use mac on intel cpu and runing it in i386 mode,they do not have any problem whit this,
GTX 570 is one of RECOMANDED nVidia GPUs for MAC. . .

Edited by Diazz72, 19 January 2013 - 05:50 AM.

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts
looooool
They cant run in 32 Bit Mode because there are no i386 drivers anymore since ML.
Please don't write about it if you don't know it for sure.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
No/unstable FX support yet. Will come later.

MadMungo

MadMungo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I have struck another problem with my mountain lion Install. May be Kernel opemu bug??

Using Sinetek "AMD Test Kernel 1" will let me install Mountain Lion and create user. But on next boot only shows a light grey screen that is slowly flashing dim then bright.

I Can not try any other Kernel as this is the only kernel that allows me to get past the instant reboot issue with Bulldozer/Piledriver CPUs.

bongmasterdarky

bongmasterdarky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts

With latest Andy's kernel (md5: 6B38618FAFAB92588C6768DD13DFF3AD) & my old Athlon X2 3800, smooth installation iatkos ML2. But always KP (opemu...)10 seconds after login

I am also using andys latest kernel and have managed to boot and install mountain lion my graphics are detected but its really slow, i installed from a app store copy of ML and made usb stick i then replaced the kernel for andys one and was able to boot the installer and install no problems, i then popped the hd in a caddy connected it to my macbook and installed chameleon and the kernel that way wacked it back in the system and bang she loaded

only down side is boot takes around 5mins and graphics are really slow and laggy some times the system locks up all together

Amd athlon 64 X2 3800+
Msi K9N6SGM-V motherboard

ati graphics card 48 somthing

mountain lion 10.8.0

kexts used fake smc and NforceATA

looking forward to what could come next :-)

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh

I am relatively new to the community, I apologise if this is a simple question.

I have a motherboard (ASUS M4N68TM_LE_V2), which has the nForce 630a chipset. However, there is no AHCI mode, only the default (IDE) and RAID. Is there a kext or a workaround which I can use to get my motherboard working with Mountain Lion? First, it shows "com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib load succeeded" then hangs for a few seconds, and goes to "Still waiting for root device".

I have tried it using -x and a few other boot flags, but I still can't get it to work.

Thanks

This one was at page 42:

RAID usually implies AHCI, so you should chose RAID.

bongmasterdarky

bongmasterdarky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 68 posts
I had the waiting for root device problem first time i tired to get the system to boot i just use the NforceATA.kext that verdant posted with his support files worked a treat for me

chokoboster

chokoboster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

confirm working here with QE/CI enable

AMD X6 1055T

Asrock 970 extreme4

HD 4850

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

4 GB ram

TP link WN881ND

PCI-e USB 3.0 card NEC chipset

all hardware working well

Posted Image

the only problem is when I play movie with quicktime, the audio and video is not sync, but when I play it on movist or VLC it sync, and no problem at all

and the performance of the processor is not good when I compare with AMD Snow Leo 64 bit or win 8 64 bit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Win 8 64 bit

Posted Image

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,833 posts
Please post in the topic AMD Working Builds. Congrats! :D

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 155 posts
OK man chill out,i did not know that they remove i386 in ML,so what. . .

cecekpawon

cecekpawon

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Amd athlon 64 X2 3800+
Msi K9N6SGM-V motherboard

ati graphics card 48 somthing

mountain lion 10.8.0

kexts used fake smc and NforceATA

Finally boot with kernel (8F8E8B639E2CFB37293EDE5A34458B49) & boot args "-v -f" only, no KP at all, after testing all andys attachment :D

In my case since ML no longger support for my old ATI graphic card (x1300), at "about this mac" / "system properties" it showing only 3MB of GPU Ram & running sloooow too. So i install kext from LION 10.7.5 & add DSDT patch. Tested with AppleDecrypt found here. Hope this help developer to take surveys

As connactic says, i'll post my results there, soon :)

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

OK man chill out,i did not know that they remove i386 in ML,so what. . .

Just curious again, how did you know that "People who use mac on intel cpu and runing it in i386 mode,they do not have any problem whit this" ?
Do you know someone who runs Lion or Mountain Lion i386 on Intel?

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

confirm working here with QE/CI enable

AMD X6 1055T

Asrock 970 extreme4

HD 4850

M-Audio Revolution 7.1

4 GB ram

TP link WN881ND

PCI-e USB 3.0 card NEC chipset

all hardware working well

Posted Image

the only problem is when I play movie with quicktime, the audio and video is not sync, but when I play it on movist or VLC it sync, and no problem at all

and the performance of the processor is not good when I compare with AMD Snow Leo 64 bit or win 8 64 bit

Posted Image

Posted Image

Win 8 64 bit

Posted Image

Congratulations! May I ask, as you're using a HD4xxxx, do you see some graphics bugs (not the QuickTime)?
Also QuickTime problem could be solved by specifying right busratio on boot (just a guess).

iProCr4ftr

iProCr4ftr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

This one was at page 42:

I have tried it in both IDE and RAID mode with the nForce driver (in Verdant's support pack), and all I get is:

Found 0 units.
Still waiting for root device

rusetsky

rusetsky

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

I am relatively new to the community, I apologise if this is a simple question.

I have a motherboard (ASUS M4N68TM_LE_V2), which has the nForce 630a chipset. However, there is no AHCI mode, only the default (IDE) and RAID. Is there a kext or a workaround which I can use to get my motherboard working with Mountain Lion? First, it shows "com.apple.applefscompressiontypezlib load succeeded" then hangs for a few seconds, and goes to "Still waiting for root device".

I have tried it using -x and a few other boot flags, but I still can't get it to work.

Thanks

+1 I have the same problem (

wastez

wastez

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 159 posts

+1 I have the same problem (

You have to use AHCI.

chokoboster

chokoboster

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Congratulations! May I ask, as you're using a HD4xxxx, do you see some graphics bugs (not the QuickTime)?
Also QuickTime problem could be solved by specifying right busratio on boot (just a guess).

no, I don't have the graphics bugs
my graphics are smooth, no problem at all
my only problem is with quicktime
ok I will try your suggestion

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy