Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I'm excited to finally have a working kernel for my Phenom II X6 1075T. Now I just wish it would play nice with my XFX Radeon HD 5750. It took weeks to get my card to work in Snow Leopard, and to my surprise, it was recognized right out of the box with full acceleration and resolution support. If it wasn't for the graphics artifacts, I would have a 100% functional Mountain Lion machine :(

Thanks to all for all the hard work so far.. looking forward to advances in the future. I'm using the kernel from the first post... are there any other versions that I might give a try?

Unfortunately no, but you could really give 10.7.5 a go (see Lion kernel testing): it has a pretty stable kernel, i386 with 64-bit support, so you have everything and lose nothing, and will work wonderfully with your card with full support, no artifacts etc.

All the best!

The people have spoken, and they request a i386 DP1 kernel, so here it is, located in full glory over at Meklort's lair.

https://meklort.com/~sinet3k/sinedp1

As usual, this takes flags such as -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit.

Also, for the first time ever, this kernel contains 100% more kernel for the same price, which you can access with either arch=x86_64 or arch=i386.

Have fun testing guys and gals!

• Like 2

The people have spoken, and they request a i386 DP1 kernel, so here it is, located in full glory over at Meklort's lair.

Also, for the first time ever, this kernel contains 100% more kernel for the same price, which you can access with either arch=x86_64 or arch=i386.

Thanks for sharing but Meklort's site won't load. Connection timed out...

Meklort is down temporarily, here is a link in the interim. (RIGHT CLICK. SAVE AS)

http://www.philonlan...tek/sinedp1.zip

• Like 2

:)

hello all,

Another feat Sinetek! the man who draws AMD kernels faster than his shadow! simply awesome.

I tested the kernel on my FX, this is happiness! graphic bugs down, the HD 5450 512 works like a charm without artifact and HD 4850 1024 works, also pretty good, I capture video with Quicktime putting all CPU / GPU to the test as you can see, I have not had any error or bug for various work.

only black spot FX CPU reboot direct flag arch = i386 :(

I have not tested the GT 610.

for the phenom, it works i386/x64_86 where oob operation of the GT 610 (i386) but I can not get rid of a bug clkernel!??

Another big thank you to Sinetek!

https://www.youtube....e&v=acWcdXGMAkU

• Like 1

Thanks for the kernel mate :)

But I can't make it boot properly under ML-1083 (on AMD P-II x4 + Chameleon-2.2svn-r2187 )

- arch=x86_64 (with combination of -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit )

the osx instantly reboots after reading the kernel flags, and before loading any kexts

and the kernel reports an error says something about "invalid magic number"

- arch=i386 (with combination of -nossse3bit, -nosse41bit, -nosse42bit, -legacy, -force64 )

the osx instantly reboots after loading all kexts, and before running the cpu detection (CPU Model:...)

So, I guess the kernel is supposed to work under ML-DP1 only, isn't it ?

I have found the following code to patch the libclh.dylib in the GeForceGLDriver.bundle (Nvidia Geforce GTX 550 TI,GTX 560 TI ) it means that should enter the following code in the terminal:.

sudo perl -pi -e '$c++ if s|\x8b\x87\x1c\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x06\x8b\x87\x20\x0c\x00\x00\x89\x02|\x31\xc0\xff\xc0\xff\xc0\x89\x06\x31\xc0\x89\x02\x90\x90\x90\x90|; END { unless ($c) { warn "No substitutions made\n"; $? =1 } }' /System/Library/Extensions/GeForceGLDriver.bundle/Contents/MacOS/libclh.dylib

it should be activated the OpenCL.??????

because at the moment I am once again reinstall Mountain Lion after a system crash, it's me at the moment not possible to test the code.can someone test it ??????

Edited by spakk

:)

Phenom

KP on the why message Apple.FSCompression/z/lib , etc .........(-nosse42bit / -nosse41bit)

flag: npci=0x2000 arch=i386 -nossse3bit ( boot NV CI/QE) why bug clkernelplugin

flag: npci=0x2000 -nossse3bit (boot ATI / no NV) why bug clkernelplugin

FX

flag : npci=0x2000 ( good ATI CI/QE / No NV) :D

flag : npci=0x2000 arch=i386 why flag -nossse3bit / -nosse42bit / -nosse41bit , no boot

ML 10.8.x or DP1 ?

Chameleon or Clover ?

Thanks

Hi, folks!

Apart from running ML DP1 i386 on your machines, itself a feat on its own, i'd ask you please to focus on the following while testing this new release:

1) nVidia and ATI graphics cards, so they work?

2) Geekbench and Cinebench scores, how they fare against regular 64-bit ML?

3) 64-bit support, do 64-bit apps work, like CS6 and FCP X?

4) Mountain Lion-only apps. Do they recognize DP1 as 10.8 thus working as they should?

5) Console error. Is there something unusual?

6) App Store. Does it let you download 10.8 apps?

I cannot test these items myself, since i don't have a spare partition now, but i'll join this testing effort asap. While it's not possible, i'm counting on you people! :D

All the best!

• Like 1