Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

I have a problem with the text editor? Who knows the problem? as soon as I open the text editor the system breaks down. My Hackintosh worked for hours without a problem,then

I ran the AutoAMDTool1.1 via a terminal, it ran up to the connection without problems. when I opened the text editor to look at the AutoAMDTool.Log-file than came back our enemy opemu.

much more, the problem occurs when I press the right mouse button to edit a text interrupts the system together. can possibly have to do with the voodoops2?

Oh my god guys am i so dumb or are you so lucky?? when i try to install clover(to boot anvs kernel on FX) I get one thing: boot0:error which is then overriden by clover which stays on screen with cursor at the left top and I can see HDD activity and hear iphones charging alert. I get no screen thought... could someone upload me a clover image? so i can restore it

Oh my god guys am i so dumb or are you so lucky?? when i try to install clover(to boot anvs kernel on FX) I get one thing: boot0:error which is then overriden by clover which stays on screen with cursor at the left top and I can see HDD activity and hear iphones charging alert. I get no screen thought... could someone upload me a clover image? so i can restore it

Clover does stay here _ as well.

I fixed the Chamelon boot on FX by setting a default FSB value of 200Mhz in case the bootloader fails - see [AMD] Working Builds! - work around for the moment.

Clover does stay here _ as well.

I fixed the Chamelon boot on FX by setting a default FSB value of 200Mhz in case the bootloader fails - see [AMD] Working Builds! - work around for the moment.

So that should fix the instant reboot?

... If it does...youre my biggest hero... also...is 10.8.3 out???? id love to use my HD 7770

*EDIT* Also do you know why is my PC rejecting chameleon??????? anything i do i get boot0:GPT, boot0:test, boot0:done

*edit* try to install boot0 and boot1h manualy...

I did... did not work, anyway I somehow managed to install clover... I installed it to Macintosh HD(My /) and then i installed chameleon to the same volume... I deleted boot1,3,6 and boot and all Clover related stuff, reinstalled chameleon...and chameleon still says boot0:done but clover now shows up...

*EDIT* Different problem now... clover seems to be stuck at Loading Etensions.mkext...i see no HDD activity... also it ignores the amd_kernel boot argument... Im starting to hate clover sooo much

*EDIT2* I got a little further... Now im getting stuck at enabling tsc on blah blah blah

*QUESTION* Can i somehow extrack the boot0 and boot1h file from the pkg??? i wanna try manual installation again

I did... did not work, anyway I somehow managed to install clover... I installed it to Macintosh HD(My /) and then i installed chameleon to the same volume... I deleted boot1,3,6 and boot and all Clover related stuff, reinstalled chameleon...and chameleon still says boot0:done but clover now shows up...

*EDIT* Different problem now... clover seems to be stuck at Loading Etensions.mkext...i see no HDD activity... also it ignores the amd_kernel boot argument... Im starting to hate clover sooo much

*QUESTION* Can i somehow extrack the boot0 and boot1h file from the pkg??? i wanna try manual installation again

Clovers bootsectors make it possible to load Chameleon too.

There are 2 possibilities:

- put the Chameleon boot file into /boot

It'll load Chameleon automatically.

- put the Chameleon boot file into /boot1

It loads Clover by default.

To start Chameleon press 1 at boot

also...is 10.8.3 out???? id love to use my HD 7770

No, the beta's get seeded to people on the Apple Developer program, There is a Kext ATI7000Controller, AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle, and it seems to be an Nvida one called NVDAStartup.

Since people are not allowed to discuss the Beta's on open forums no one will talk about this topic openly. Also I think the forum rules are that only Open Source kext are allowed to be posted I can't post them HERE.

Ok so back in the day Maxxuss did SSE3 to SSE2 driver patching, anyone know how he performed it? It was meant to bypass the emulation and hence calculate quicker, if anyone knows how he performed it and if that same way (with a bit of tweaking) can be done on the kext now?

No, the beta's get seeded to people on the Apple Developer program, There is a Kext ATI7000Controller, AMDRadeonX4000GLDriver.bundle, and it seems to be an Nvida one called NVDAStartup.

Since people are not allowed to discuss the Beta's on open forums no one will talk about this topic openly. Also I think the forum rules are that only Open Source kext are allowed to be posted I can't post them HERE.

Thank you. I got a little further...now I have ml successfully installed but if I try to boot it using chameleon... I get a kp right after blacklisting starts... just a small kp only two lines in backtrace... If i try to boot it up using clover it say: This Version of Mac OS X is not supported on your platform Reason=Macxxxxxxx(some characters)

Thank you. I got a little further...now I have ml successfully installed but if I try to boot it using chameleon... I get a kp right after blacklisting starts... just a small kp only two lines in backtrace... If i try to boot it up using clover it say: This Version of Mac OS X is not supported on your platform Reason=Macxxxxxxx(some characters)

Do you know what SMBIOS you are using?

Had this before with the exact same laptop next to each other!

One was booting and the other came up with that!

Do you know what SMBIOS you are using?

Had this before with the exact same laptop next to each other!

One was booting and the other came up with that!

Clovers using Mac Pro 5,1

Sry...my bad 3,1

*EDIT* I entered Mac Pro 5,1 SMBIOS to clover...will see

*EDIT2* I just noticed a weird thing....clovers not running neither from my EFI volume nor from my main...and I have no other...

OMG Problems never end...looks like kp is caused by IntelCPUMonitor kext or smthin..but i cant find it :(

*EDIT* GREEEAT NEWS!!! Im editing this from mac os x 10.8.2!!! yaay

DO NOT INSTALL ATI BETA KEXTS on 10.8.2... youll have to boot in safe mode

For those of you that have unsupported platform error:

You must add your boardid and mactype in /System/Library/ CoreService/PlatformSupport.plist!

THX ill try this later on

Updating to 10.8.3...will tell you whether the new drivers work...

*EDIT* Not working without dsdt fix that i failed at :(

Will someone volunteer to edit my dsdt to make my GPU work??

Tutorial:

http://rampagedev.wo...g-with-full-qe/

DSDT:

https://www.dropbox....1pine8/dsdt.aml

IOREG:

PCO2(inside PCI0)

MODEL:

Radeon HD 7770

thx

Hi again! :)

I've been pretty damn inactive on the last few months, sorry for that!

I've been busy with school and other things, we invented a cool rev-limiter with my friend for motorcycles, but enough of that...

I'd like to know if you got any new ideas or have progressed with the issues. Any news about ATI / NVidia glitches, QE/CI, Bulldozers, etc. ? :)

If someone told me the news, I'd be glad. :):D