Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Hi, pico!

I hadn't yet the opportunity to test it, since i'm on a travel and the only hackint0sh i have at hand is my 1201n netbook. I'll do it asap.

Andy, what's the practical effect intended by the cupid utility? I mean, which apps, kexts and services do you think that should present complications caused by bad cpuids, thus making cupid patching really necessary?

Best regards!

In fact, he was agreeing with my post, which he even quoted. And that posted stated, quote, this is not a help topic!

There's one specific for help with installations on AMD machines:

please don't flood this one.

Please use the help topic to ask for help with installation and troubleshooting. That's why we have a help topic, right? It makes things even worse when we have to dodge unrelated stuff to read the posts that really matter to the subject of this topic. No offense meant, and i'm counting on your cooperation.

Best regards.

It patches cpuids for system apps and decrypts core apps + replaces them automatically.

I hope it will solve the graphic issues.

If it doesn't work try pointing it to the /Applications and /System folders before clicking run

It patches cpuids for system apps and decrypts core apps + replaces them automatically.

If it doesn't work try pointing it to the /Applications and /System folders before clicking run

unfortunately it just crashes when I click run, no matter what folder its pointed at.

well...I wouldnt say crash, it just exits. Maybe thats what its supposed to do? but there is no crash, send to apple box that pops up, nor any output from the application saying its finished. It just exits.

• Like 1

From my Point of view it seems pretty clear!

unfortunately it just crashes when I click run, no matter what folder its pointed at.

well...I wouldnt say crash, it just exits. Maybe thats what its supposed to do? but there is no crash, send to apple box that pops up, nor any output from the application saying its finished. It just exits.

Thats not what it is supposed to do...

No crash window?

Even more odd...

This is going to be hard to debug...

The same thing happens here!

Run, select the folder, I click run and it closes!

I'm creating my 10.8 installer disk now, i'll test the app when i'm finished!

Hi Andy, I now have everything reinstalled and modified binaries with your tool, unfortunately I get the same message Panic! opemu_utrap the exact same panic message. can it be that the Phenom II X6 T1100 not properly supported entirely by the kernel?

as I have already described several times, does this panic message as soon as I open a program or want to, for example, to copy something or want to edit something.

http://www.insanelym...cpuid-patchert/

IMG_5432a.jpg

IMG_5431a.jpg

Hi Andy, I now have everything reinstalled and modified binaries with your tool, unfortunately I get the same message Panic! opemu_utrap the exact same panic message. can it be that the Phenom II X6 T1100 not properly supported entirely by the kernel?

as I have already described several times, does this panic message as soon as I open a program or want to, for example, to copy something or want to edit something.

http://www.insanelym...cpuid-patchert/

If you can without it giving a KP open Console and find the log from any of the apps that caused the KP and post it to PasteBin then here

I can say that Clover really boots andy's kernel on fx!

I also got the problem of 2.2GHz, but you need to change the bus speed in clover CPU settings.

Wasn't able to use AMD fix by Andy though :(

• Like 1

I also got the problem of 2.2GHz, but you need to change the bus speed in clover CPU settings.

Yeah Clover V2 is the best bootloader I've ever seen.

Full EFI even on non-EFI BIOSes

Hey I don't know if this helps anyone but the graphics problems seems to be a lot less if I use cpus=1. Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, if so my bad.

Took a screenshot on YouTube :http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9492/screenshot20130203at125.png

Hey I don't know if this helps anyone but the graphics problems seems to be a lot less if I use cpus=1. Don't know if someone has already mentioned this, if so my bad.

Took a screenshot on YouTube :http://img560.imageshack.us/img560/9492/screenshot20130203at125.png

safari and had no problems with the graphics. problem in Google chrome

safari and had no problems with the graphics. problem in Google chrome

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem

Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"

like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

that would mean that the cpus wont be routed good i think.

And if that is right, than Andy's fix should work! As it routes the cpus better...

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

Not so lucky here :D when i try to boot os x with clover(it sees it as Legacy OS) I just get a screen with the HDD logo and nothing. If i press enter i get back to HDD selection... This is just so painful...snow leopard was WAAAAY easier to install :D

Lol, thats another HDD ;p

It doesn't detect your OS X.

Try to restore iAtkos ML2 to a USB Device, and then install clover to that.

Wont work...it has to be FAT32 while iAtkos ML2 is HFS+, i tried making myhack installer of ML on one partition and installing clover on the other one but same result... Also permission repair didnt fix that last problem... If i could install clover to my HDD... but their boot sectors are screwed :/

Yeah but that is PepperFlash problem

Right Click Chrome, Show Package Contents -> Versions -> (some number) -> Framework -> Internet Plug-In -> Pepper Flash

Delete the plugin and that page loads fine.

EDIT: Instead of deleting pepperflash, you could disable flash. Type chrome://plugins/ -> Details -> Disable Adobe Flash (disable the whole Adobe Flash as even the original Flash Plugin messes up the page)

EDIT 2: PepperFlash Workarond, launch Crome in terminal with the switch "-disable-accelerated-compositing"

like this : Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Applications/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

Trying the tool :( sadly errors as people are stating on the tool page.

doesn't work for me. cpus=1 does nothing here, still the same as without.

and for chrome:

fnordx64-2:MacOS MadMarcsen$ ./Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
Trace/BPT trap: 5

doesn't work for me. cpus=1 does nothing here, still the same as without.

and for chrome:

fnordx64-2:MacOS MadMarcsen$ ./Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing
Trace/BPT trap: 5

Ok try my version, I know I did patch PepperFlash with Marvin AMD Utility but didn't think it would make a difference. Busy on my Chrome now but will edit when I Mount the Image again and run it from the untouched dmg and report if i get the same.

EDIT: Ok so I used the Untouched Image in terminal like so:

Durans-Mac-Pro:~ durankeeley$ /Volumes/Google\ Chrome/Google\ Chrome.app/Contents/MacOS/Google\ Chrome --disable-accelerated-compositing

And no Trace/BPT trap: 5 (stackoverflow shows an xcode problem with that but i doubt that is true in this case) so the cpuid does not make a difference, I guess.

Please explain the steps you take and maybe I can try recreate this problem or upload your version of chrome,

Just incase I uploaded my cpuid version here: https://www.dropbox....twBqnoVCicYEkgK

Can someone else please try and report back, also try disable Adobe Flash and just have PepperFlash running by typing the URL "chrome://plugins/" click details (far right) and disable the shockwave flash that is not pepperflash.

It shouldn't make a difference as I tried with Adobe Flash enabled and pepperflash disabled as per this screenshot:

http://img824.imageshack.us/img824/2867/screenshot20130205at256.png

How I normally do it is open terminal from the spotlight, in Finder, go to Applications --> Google Chrome, right click, "Show Package Contents" -> Contents -> MacOS -> Google Chrome. Drag that into terminal and type "--disable-accelerated-compositing" (without quotes of course) and enter. But that is because I'm lazy :P

As for the Graphics cpus=1, the problem is still there but I get less when I start with that kernel flag.