Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

With sinetek's kernel:

localhost:~ Eric$ /Volumes/Macintosh\ HD/Users/Eric/Desktop/testssse3 Test pshufb PASS! Test pshufb128 PASS! Test phaddw PASS! Test phaddw128 PASS! Test phaddd PASS! Test phaddd128 PASS! Test phaddsw PASS! Test phaddsw128 PASS! Test pmaddubsw PASS! Test pmaddubsw128 PASS! Test phsubw PASS! Test phsubw128 PASS! Test phsubd PASS! Test phsubd128 PASS! Test phsubsw PASS! Test phsubsw128 PASS! Test psignb PASS! Test psignb128 PASS! Test psignw PASS! Test psignw128 PASS! Test psignd PASS! Test psignd128 PASS! Test pmulhrsw PASS! Test pmulhrsw128 PASS! Test pabsb PASS! Test pabsb128 PASS! Test pabsw PASS! Test pabsw128 PASS! Test pabsd PASS! Test pabsd128 PASS! Test palignr PASS! Test palignr128 PASS! localhost:~ Eric$

And, for fun:

Screen_Shot_2013_01_04_at_1_18_08_PM.png

EDIT: Whoa, what happened? Anyway, everything passed.

Lol...

@Sinetek: here it is... patched libcorecrypto (same way as corecrypto.kext)

Hope this helps you... ;)

libcorecrypto.zip

@Andy, that works! I'll patch the rest of the file, and see where that leads us

The patching like this also works in corecrypto.kext...

If you find extra functions to patch, apple them there the same way ;)

VTDecoderXPCService keeps crashing. This is probably due to my current lack of QE/CI rather than a kernel issue.

So tonight I finally decided to give ML a try. I found the mach_sse42_only kernel the most useful at this time. With Andy's latest kernel I can't unlock the keyring and with the test2 kernel VTDecoderXPCService causes kernel panics while VTDecoderXPCService just 'quits unexpectedly' when using mach_sse42_only. (QE/CI is working)

Edit: Besides that, I've got some troubles with sound. The system sometimes distorts system sounds while playing music and VLC doesn't produce sound at all.

Hi Guys,

Just thought I would write a quick post to congratulate on the amazing work you are doing for this I stummbled accross this post a few days a go when I was looking if it was possible to hackintosh my new laptop and I have to say the team spirt and dedication you have all shown to get this far is amazeing you have definitley given me a glimer of hope that it may one day be possible to run my fave OS on my new laptop.

I'm not fluent in any programming languages but I do have hackintosh experience (just not AMD), and I am more than willing to guinea pig anything developed my machine had windows 8 on it was horrible so currently running ubuntu...

My Machine is

HP DM1-4341ea

AMD Dual-Core E2-1800 APU with Radeon HD7340 Discrete-Class Graphics (1.7 GHz, 1 MB L2 cache)

Chipset

AMD A68M FCH.

Good luck with this guys your dedication is inspiring.

Hi all!

I know one thing that's been missing from our testing is a legacy 64-bit Intel CPU, so I proudly introduce a 3.4 GHz Intel Pentium D!

With Sinetek's mach_sse42_only, I get the following error repeated over and over, filling up the screen: Data/Stack execution not permited: launchd[pid 1] at virtual address 0x0, protections were read only.

With AnV's amd_kernel and the flag -nossse3bit, it behaves just like an AMD machine in that it claims FIPS USER Space POST: Integrity test failed! and then boots to desktop.

With Sinetek's test2 there don't seem to be any FIPS errors, and it boots to desktop, but it kernel panicks. (see "test2.jpg" below)

post-969896-0-12425000-1357374322_thumb.jpg

Hi folk, first of all, sorry for my bad english ( I'm french )

I need you help to set up my hackintosh.

I have amd athlon II x2 250

+6Gb DDR3

+Radeon 5770HD

+SSD

+ASUS M5A78 LM - LX

Everything was working great on SL ( yeah really )

But today I wanted to try ML, but I'm faced to many pb ...

I have set up a VM using VMWare on a lenovo tab x200 ( HW not fully supported )

this is how I have procedded :

- Install OS-X 10.8 ( It works slowly but it works )

- add corecrypto

- repair all the ownership & the permissions

- rebuild the kernel & kext caches

- install Chameleon r2152

but now problem start ...

I'm not able to change anything while booting, I'm not able to change kernel / maxmem ... ...

Like if it is not installer, no prompt or something like that.

I'm disapointed. I'm not a mac expert but if you can help me telling me with Kext used and configure chameleon, I'll be able to test your kernel

Ty :)

EDIT : After preparing the system correctly I'm planing to make a bare metal backup then restore it to my hackintosh do you think it will work ? ><

Bienvenue, chocoboss! :)

I'm not able to change anything while booting, I'm not able to change kernel / maxmem ... ...

Pouvez-vous expliquer ce problème un peu plus?

Can you explain this problem a bit more?

EDIT : After preparing the system correctly I'm planing to make a bare metal backup then restore it to my hackintosh do you think it will work ? ><

Oui, j'ai deja fait celui-ci, mais il a l'air inutilement plus compliqué que simplement installer directement sur votre Hackintosh.

Yes, I've done that, but it seems needlessly more complicated than simply installing directly on your Hackintosh.

ok, so I will try ...

After booting my SL was asking me ( chameleon in fact ) if I wanted to change boot option, so I was able to put "Kernel=mach_kernel maxmem=4086 ......"

but here, no prompt, no option, nothing I can do and this is anyoing I'm not a chameleon expert ...

I think there is just a line to change somewhere but I don't know where >_<

How have you managed that ?

At university, we have designed a bare metal software based on clonezilla that is really nice and easy to use ( I'm no more student btw )

I don't have perfect english but I don't need google translator, I juste have some difficulties about grammar and all the rest ;)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Avec SL, je pouvais modifier mes option de boot comme je le voulais ( maxmem / kernel ... ) mais la je ne peux pas pour une raison que j'ignore ( l'installation c'est bien passer )

Je pense qu'il doit il y avoir une ligne dans un fichier de conf a changer quelque part mais aucune idée ...

Comment as tu fais ?

A l'université, on a développé un petit utilitaire pour tout ce qui est sauvegarde de type bare metal donc pour ma part, en 10 min c'est réglé ;)

( je ne suis plus étudiant hein :P )

Have a look here: http://www.insanelym...-for-chameleon/

Basically, the syntax is some_kernel -v -f npci=0x3000 -as-many-other-kernel-flags-as-you-want. If you want to permanently change boot settings, you'll need to edit /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist. (Easiest way is to drag it to Desktop, edit with TextEdit, and drag back.) The <Kernel Flags> section directly corresponds to the flags you type at boot time. Also, you only need to have Chameleon installed on one HDD, and then booting from that HDD will give you a list of all drives and partitions with OS X installed--that is to say you can just boot from your Snow Leopard drive, and your Mountain Lion drive will be on the list. When you hit enter, the settings from that particular drive/partition's org.chameleon.Boot.plist are read.

Edit: Besides that, I've got some troubles with sound. The system sometimes distorts system sounds while playing music and VLC doesn't produce sound at all.

Try adding correct FSB and Busratio, works on SL with Sinetek's kernel

Try adding correct FSB and Busratio, works on SL with Sinetek's kernel

That's not the problem, VLC problem proved to be only with certain codecs. Mp3's play just fine, while video with AC3 audio results in total silence.

ATI graphics - that seems to be the key of success of Mountain Lion with AMD, for now.

Sort of. My Radeon 4870 pro works great, except for flash (whole canvas in browser window distorts into oblivion, sound is fine) and VTDecoderXPCService (exits unexpectedly).

Did a test this morning with a Radeon 5450 (bit of a pain to get working), it works, but with graphical glitches all over the place. Especially Safari is not really usable, Chrome is mostly glitch free. Flash does work fine (no glitches whatsoever) with this card, VTDecoderXPCService on the other hand still quits unexpectedly.

To illustrate the flash issue :)

QKbWo.png

so... i couldn't resist and copied all my stuf from my home drive to my system drive.. wich is nearly full now ;). now i have free space for a mountain lion installation.

my plan is to make a "10.8.2 installation disk" from an old ide hdd. i want to use myhack to copy over all the needed files. has anyone tried this already? i think it should boot correct (i hope).

what are the correct steps? install ml, then change corecrypto and stuff... do i need to rollback some files from 10.8 or can i just use the kernels with 8.2? do i need to install a boot loader?

thanks.

NVIDIA BUG IS NOT AN SSE3 ISSUE! That much has been determined as of now.

Could someone try the new nvidia drivers?

http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html

EDIT: new error message with the recent nvidia drivers,

The graphics driver has detected a corruption in its command stream.

Aha... so we might be able to fix it with the new drivers :D

Hope this all gets fixed (would be cool)

NVIDIA BUG IS NOT AN SSE3 ISSUE! That much has been determined as of now.

Could someone try the new nvidia drivers?

http://www.nvidia.co...f02-driver.html

EDIT: new error message with the recent nvidia drivers,

The graphics driver has detected a corruption in its command stream.

But it seems that it have something to do with the kernel.

Do you have a idea what it could cause?