Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

willnich.gif my problem on this page #1217 There is still, who can help. I have at the moment no snow leopard. any attempt to install snow leopard failed, I think my install dvd is defective. I can not boot my Phenom II X6.willnich.gifnooo.gif

nooo.gifmusthave.gifnooo.giftumbleweed.gifnooo.gifhamma26x27.gif

I'm posting this with OS X 10.8.2! (https://meklort.com/...mach_sse42_only)

AnV's patched corecrypto.kext, AppleACPIPlatform, IOPCIFamily, and System.kext from 10.8.0. Now I'll try reverting those kexts to 10.8.2, since mach_sse42_only is 10.8.2.

All apps *seem* to be working fine, and it hasn't kernel panicked...

EDIT: I reverted AppleACPIPlatform, IOPCIFamily, and System.kext to their vanilla 10.8.2 versions, no problems!

$ uname -a
Darwin desktop-instantidiot 12.2.0 Darwin Kernel Version 12.2.0: Mon Dec 31 16:48:55 EST 2012; phil:xnu-2050.18.24/BUILD/obj//RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

post-969896-0-31301000-1357070488_thumb.png

• Like 1

Not getting further than this now..

What about AppleNForceATA Andy, should be good on ML right?

qgibC.jpg?1

Guess so... if it is an updated version...

I had to mod SuperVIAATA with the new SL parts of Intel HD driver...

Ok... here is the built and tested version of apb_decrypt_ml

It is tested on Mountain Lion (decrypted and replaced the Finder and next killed and restarted Finder... it worked :D)

Sources are included...

Binary release for Lion and possibly Snow Leopard: Release Lion

Optimized version for Mountain Lion (uses CommonCrypto library): Release Mountain Lion

The Lion version (and older) doesn't use CommonCrypto but OpenSSL.

Enjoy... ;)

apb_decrypt_ml.zip

willnich.gif my problem on this page #1217 There is still, who can help. I have at the moment no snow leopard. any attempt to install snow leopard failed, I think my install dvd is defective. I can not boot my Phenom II X6.willnich.gifnooo.gif

nooo.gifmusthave.gifnooo.giftumbleweed.gifnooo.gifhamma26x27.gif

Don't panic.

I just perfected the decryption tool and built it.

Download from above to decrypt the core apps...

would mean we would have to decrypt each core app wich gives us trouble rite now ....manually ? couldnt that be implemented in kernel

like GUI stutters etc ....?

couldnt that be implemented in kernel ?

would mean we would have to decrypt each core app wich gives us trouble rite now ....manually ? couldnt that be implemented in kernel

like GUI stutters etc ....?

couldnt that be implemented in kernel ?

Yes.

I created this app so that it can decrypt them all.

We can then examine and even patch them.

The decryption code from Sinetek will be implemented in the kernel that I will create tomorrow (with an option to disable it and use stock dsmos)

Don't panic.

I just perfected the decryption tool and built it.

Download from above to decrypt the core apps...

But how can I install your decrypter without a running system under my AMD Hackintosh, this is my problem, Andy

You can boot in single user right? From there you can do it...

But if you want to I'll decrypt the core apps tomorrow... ;)

Right now some quality time first.

I'm watching pirates of silicon valley now :D

• Like 1

You can boot in single user right? From there you can do it...

But if you want to I'll decrypt the core apps tomorrow... ;)

Right now some quality time first.

I'm watching pirates of silicon valley now :D

3fingerjunkie.gif thx for these information , Andy 3fingerjunkie.gif

Hi Sinetek, as discussed, here the test with your kernel without FaleSMC +nullpower and without decrypter

kernel: mach_ssse3_only -v -f see Pic

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Hi Andy, I'm trying to do in single user mode.

should I put only the apb_decrypt_ml from the folder Release Mountain Lion to /usr/bin/ or?

and than booting the System in single user mode and follow your instructions from the previous post.

IMG_5317.JPG

Edited by spakk

Allright... I can only boot into the installer by removing ALL ATI*.kext and the flags npci=0x300 GraphicsEnabler=No and using the mach_sse42_only kernel.

Installing isn't easy either, at some point the screen will go white and the cursor will freeze, which ruined my first install (it still shows HD activity!). On my second try i got the same, but eventually it would revert back to normal by plugging my second/main monitor in and out several times.

Booting into the main System, same flags as above. Resolution is of course very low 1024*something and both screens are mirrored. I looked into the S/E/L of the main system and surprisingly i found all the ATI kexts... I still decided to overwrite them by the ones i had a backup from the USB and then ran myFix wich didn't complete for like 20 mins, so i decided to abort it.

Tried opening About this mac, didn't show up. Also i wanted to restart, but hitting the restart in the menu did nothing, so i did a hard restart.

Got a driver for my realtek card, put it in Extra/Extensions (both USB and HD) and i can see it saying "detected r8111e" in the vebose output.

HOWEVER, whatever i try (GraphicsEnabler=No, PCIRootUID=1 / 0) it allways ends up in a white screen now without a cursor.

Using -x ends up in "still waiting for root device".

halp.

Hi sinetek,

booting with mach_sse3_all_kdecrypt -v -f with system.kext and decrypt.diff

same problem as yesterday

IMG_5318.JPG

Spakk i'm quite sure that your graphics is the Problem, not the decryptor.

That's what I suspected from the start, but how to solve the problem without having to buy a new graphics card :smoke: :smoke:

but how to solve the problem without having to buy a new graphics card

temp solution :

remove nvidia kexts ( or what ever brand ur card is ) -> so u get atleast in with vesamode in theory !

Spakk I think they are right about your graphics being your problem. I am able to boot the installer on my system and ours are extremely similar. For me though the installer freezes right after I select the disc to install to and hit install the installing dialogue pops up with the progress bar and it freezes instantly. I did have a minor win a little bit ago. Since the myhack installer hangs I downloaded the iATOKS ML2 release which you can install right from in SL like we were doing with lion. then I just replaced the needed stuff on the ML partition and I had to use -x to get it to boot "right" but I got to the desktop and played around for about 10 mintues and everything seemed to be working. "safe-boot" is pretty useless though haha. If i try to boot normal i get the gray and black screens and some messages about coreservices and a couple other things crashing.

mach_sse42_only arch=x86_64 busratio=18 -v

EDIT: hello from osx

post-1108449-0-15257900-1357121365_thumb.jpg