Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Will try it in a bit thanks NullCPUPowerManagement giving me problems now.

My board is a Pegatron M2N68-LA

it's no need to use the NullCPUPowerManagement

you only have to remove all AppleIntel* kexts

and also AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/PlugIns/ApplePolicyControl.kext

Will try it in a bit thanks NullCPUPowerManagement giving me problems now.

My board is a Pegatron M2N68-LA

look here at the video, check if a BIOS update will fix remedy for the problem with AHCI.

On the video, can you seen AHCI works.

Still not loading. Waiting for root device

post your hardware Ids (vendor:device) here

maybe someone could help you

So I don't need NullCPUPowerManagement?

nope! but you must remove all AppleIntel* kexts

AFAIK, the NullCPUPowerManagement is used to block the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement (CMIIW)

you can replace the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement by using hnak's VoodooPState.kext (a modded version of VoodooPower)

http://osx86drivers.sourceforge.net/

People, no offense meant, but i really think that kind of issues, since not related with the kernel development itself, should be dealth elsewhere. I would recommend the subforum Installation. :)

Thank you guys for your understanding.

P.S.: Or else join #legacykernel on chat.osx86.irc, where folks can advise you real time.

• Like 1

People, no offense meant, but i really think that kind of issues, since not related with the kernel development itself, should be dealth elsewhere. I would recommend the subforum Installation. :)

Thank you guys for your understanding.P.S.: Or else join #legacykernel on chat.osx86.irc, where folks can advise you real time.

Ok no problem.

Stupid question but how do I access the irc?

Ok no problem.

Stupid question but how do I access the irc?

Download mIRC or any other IRC program and come chat with us! :)

Some info about mIRC

EDIT: Xanthippus told me to include some choices for Mac users too:

Colloquy - http://colloquy.info/

Linkinus - http://www.conceitedsoftware.com/linkinus

here's my patch set for 1699.32.7

http://www.sendspace.com/file/0dru50

salient files osfmk/x86_64/opemu.*

osfmk/x86_64/idt64.s

osfmk/x86_64/idt_table.h

1. Test Test with Phenom II X6 with Lion 10.7.4 with last Kernel 10.7.5 with Patch. Boot flag: fips_mode=0 cpus=6 npci=0x2000 maxmem=4096 -enable_ssse3emu -s darkwake=0 pmVersion=0

stops at: PCI configuration begin

2. Test

Boot flag: fips_mode=0 cpus=6 npci=0x3000 maxmem=4096 -enable_ssse3emu -s darkwake=0 pmVersion=0

it stops at:

[RTL81xx@0xae00:getHardwareAddress()] Enter

[RTL81xx@0xae00:getHardwareAddress] returns rv=kIOReturnSuccess

[RTL81xx@0xae00:registerWithPolicyMaker()] Enter

[RTL81xx@0xae00:registerWithPolicyMaker] returns rv=0

[RTL81xx@0xae00:setPowerState(powerStateOrdinal=1)] Enter

[RTL81xx@0xae00:setPowerState] Nothing to do...

[RTL81xx@0xae00:setPowerState] returns rv=IOPMAckImplied

[RTL81xx@0xae00:configureInterface()] Enter

[RTL81xx@0xae00:configureInterface] attaching as en0 (com_lnx2mac_RealtekRTL81xx)

[en0:configureInterface] returns rv=true

[en0:start] returns rv=true

Still waiting for root device

Still waiting for root device

Edited by spakk

Hmm.. What if we built the 10.7.5 connactic kernel with sinetek's emulator? In theory, arch=i386 combined with -force64 would work, on a non-FX CPU.

1. Test them then you will know that if the two files are compatible with your LION.

2. Test your hardware with the latest kernel and patch file of sinetek. I suspect that the reason of the error: waiting for root device, a problem with my USB IDE HDD's.

I need to install Lion 10.7.4 on USB SATA HDD, then I think that Lion will launch successfully. :wink2:

What if we add the ssse3 emu to the 10.6.8 legacy kernel? That kernel was the latest which fully worked in our AM2/AM2+/AM3 cpus.

Good work!

I think a other good alternative wood be to integrate it in lion 32bit Kernel to enable 64 bit Userland like in SL.

But i think that would be the last option.

Can somebody compile the last lion kernel, also just have xcode 3?!

@ Developers

Any ideas about the 64 bit kernelmode in Lion and Mountain Lion?

Folks. i compiled all my kernels with Xcode 3.2.6 under Snow Leopard! You must be sure 1) to download GCC for Snow Leopard GCC-10.6.pkg; 2) that all dependencies are satisfied http://shantonu.blogspot.com.br, and; 3) that all -werror flags are wiped out (do a search for it inside the XNU folder and wipe them all out!) before you start building.

But yeah! Do it! Try building yourselves! The more people become familiarized with this, the more valuable insights we'll have for what we want. It's fun. Worths the effort.

@ Developers

Any ideas about the 64 bit kernelmode in Lion and Mountain Lion?

We're having some issues with making the userland to boot: that's why all of us are stuck in "Kernel is LP64". Possible causes we're examining (among others):

1) The ssse3 emu aren't still working like it should;

2) Sysenter issues (I looked for sysenter instructions and found none, but whatever);

3) Issues with some launchd process.

P.S.: Delta, AFAIK the access to developer tools like Xcode is and will ever be free. You just have to register with your Apple ID and download the software. But i prefer Xcode 3.2.6

Folks. i compiled all my kernels with Xcode 3.2.6 under Snow Leopard! You must be sure 1) to download GCC for Snow Leopard GCC-10.6.pkg; 2) that all dependencies are satisfied http://shantonu.blogspot.com.br, and; 3) that all -werror flags are wiped out (do a search for it inside the XNU folder and wipe them all out!) before you start building.

But yeah! Do it! Try building yourselves! The more people become familiarized with this, the more valuable insights we'll have for what we want. It's fun. Worths the effort.

We're having some issues with making the userland to boot: that's why all of us are stuck in "Kernel is LP64". Possible causes we're examining (among others):

1) The ssse3 emu aren't still working like it should;

2) Sysenter issues (I looked for sysenter instructions and found none, but whatever);

3) Issues with some launchd process.

P.S.: Delta, AFAIK the access to developer tools like Xcode is and will ever be free. You just have to register with your Apple ID and download the software. But i prefer Xcode 3.2.6

XCode 4.2 for Snow Leopard can now only be downloaded from paid subscription dev account. When Lion wasn't released, it was free for everyone or something like that.

But now, with free account @ Apple dev, you can only see 3.2.6 for SL.

Hi, Delta! Thanks for the information! :)

But Xcode 3.2.6 (which i use) is more than enough for the job.

Thanks for info, I'll download 3.2.6 next time I compile a kernel... Always thought that min. version is 4.x... :D

The sources for the Opcode emulator have been revamped and tested, and it works great for 32/64 now.

Sysenter emulation has been added, so 32b processes now start. However, there is a really strange problem on my hardware, NO 64b process starts successfully at all. This is with -force64. Why could that be??

-- Sinetek