Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

• 5 weeks later...

:yes: This kernel for mMavericks is very good (I use default drivers for my nvidia since, the Web drivers were less interesting). I have also tried the boot file but it did not work with my version of Chameleon.

Is there a way (guide) to compile this kernel for 10.8.5 :D  or to make this kernel backward compatible with ML?. I keep getting the following error on ML : opemu error: no rip yetopemu error

Your help is appreciated

This kernel is good (I use default drivers for my nvidia since, the Web drivers were less interesting). I have also tried the boot file but it did not work with my version of Chameleon.

Is there a way (guide) to compile this kernel for 10.8.5 :D  or to make this kernel backward compatible with ML ?

Which kernel do you mean?

• 1 month later...

No. Kernels only work on the version of OS X they were compiled for. While it's technically possible to use a kernel as long as the major version matches up (e.g. XNU kernel for OS X 10.10.1 on 10.10.2), this will cause some issues. But using a kernel on an entirely different major version of OS X will simply not work.

Hi,

Does this kernel work for 10.8.5 ? If not how to make it do so ?

Thanks

Find here the appropriate kernel for the OS X version that you need:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285580-database-of-current-working-amd-kernels/

• 2 weeks later...

Great kernel.  :yes:

Installed on Acer Aspire M3400 (BIOS P01-B4) with Athlon II X3 435 at 2,9GHz, 4GB RAM, ATI HD5450 512MB (full QE/CI) and OS X 10.9.5 with last security update (007).

I had a CPU stuttering with all other kernels. Now it's perfect...

Thanks Tora Chi Yo. Well done.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

did QT Framework ever work in mavericks and AMD kernels?
I'm using a phenom II x4 940.

bronya's rc4 seems to be working fine for me on 10.9.5 but please let me know if there's something I can do to make QT framework apps work.

• 2 weeks later...

did QT Framework ever work in mavericks and AMD kernels?

I'm using a phenom II x4 940.

bronya's rc4 seems to be working fine for me on 10.9.5 but please let me know if there's something I can do to make QT framework apps work.

The experiences I've made a long time ago with QT on AMD (El Capitan 10.11.6)  were unfortunately not positive. On the other hand, QT ran smoothly on my real Mac

The QT framework needs to be rebuilt from source to disable the SSSE3 requirement. 

write a short description, shane

• 1 month later...

write a short description, shane

put "-U__SSSE3__" on the compiler command line should do the trick. See, __SSSE3__ is gone.

gcc -dM -U__SSSE3__ -E - < /dev/null | grep SSE

#define __SSE2_MATH__ 1

#define __SSE2__ 1

#define __SSE3__ 1

#define __SSE4_1__ 1

#define __SSE_MATH__ 1

#define __SSE__ 1

If someone hard coded intrinsics, you might get errors.

• Like 1