Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6296 replies to this topic

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 912 posts

So something like this? (see attached)

The mach_kernel included is a Vanilla GM version so you may want to change this of course.

mach_kernel version 10.9.4 working on system GM !

Otherwise Bronya could you share your script so I can see where I've gone wrong and for others here?

It is dvd_patcher . See script in old post             #13             ! ))))) 

I modified this script and works. 

I understand that not everyone may have a USB Drive spare, however I find this is starting to become way more complicated then it was originally meant to. Reason being that we are basically doing the same as I first mentioned but instead of a USB Drive as the Volume we are creating images as the Volume... I still think the first way with a USB Drive is the way to go as you can customise, reboot the physical computer, try it and when you are happy, then create a Bootable ISO.

1) Copy full dvd on partition.

2) Add yours kexts and mach_kernel in system on partition .

3) With diskutility from partition create dvd.dmg with support read/write.

4) Then can create boot loader DVD by script DVD_patcher ! 

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 349 posts
OK I'm gonna leave this at there are 1001 different ways to do the same thing.

Neither of the 3 above are wrong as they are all the same.
The Breakdown is:

1. Create an installer (either on a Physical partition or inside a editable [read/write] image)
2. Add your kext's and custom stuff.
3. Convert to ISO

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 912 posts

Neither of the 3 above are wrong as they are all the same.

Why wrong ? 

I did and it is working ... 

Duran Keeley

Duran Keeley

InsanelyMac Sage

• Local Moderators
  • 349 posts
Neither... None of the 3 scripts are wrong

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 912 posts

Neither... None of the 3 scripts are wrong

what 3 scripts ?

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,845 posts

After a lot of effort installed mavericks my AMD A6 processor ,Using Bronya's Lates kernel !!   :D , I am getting awesome resolution , but my graphic memory being displayed is only 4mb and causes screen to flicker at various places.

I have APU HD Raedon 8400 Card . This is what I got from system info app.

How should I fix the graphics?

Will updating to 10.9.4 fix the problem , I am currently on 10.9.0

I do not want annoying act but such questions do not belong here, we have a help topic !!

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

Updated the Precision 670 to 10.9.5. It does not reboot to desktop with 10.9.2 RC7 or 10.9.4 RC2, even with replacement of AppleACPIPlatform + IOPCIFamily kexts by 10.9.1's versions which proved required to run 10.9.2/10.9.3/10.9.4.

Probably graphics related again...

xeocacad

xeocacad

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

IMG01612-20140918-0812.jpg

i updated with combo pudate, amd fx 6300 from 10.9.0 to 10.95 (13F31) and can't reach desktop,used kernel 10.9.4 rc3 bronya,what must rollback from kext before??
thanks in advice

granik

granik

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 53 posts

i updated with combo pudate, amd fx 6300 from 10.9.0 to 10.95 (13F31) and can't reach desktop,used kernel 10.9.4 rc3 bronya,what must rollback from kext before??

thanks in advice

rollback kexts AppleACPIPlatform IOPCIFamily IOHIDFamily Sandbox and System and everything starts ;-)

Attached Files

Hervé

Hervé

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 603 posts

rollback kexts AppleACPIPlatform IOPCIFamily IOHIDFamily Sandbox and System and everything starts ;-)

:thumbsup_anim: I confirm; that got my Precision 670 to boot 10.9.5 successfully.

Keeping  10.9.1's AppleACPIPlatform+IOPCIFamily rollbacks for graphics support purposes (aka Axaman's fix), I found a suitable alternative was to re-instate Sandbox + System kexts from 10.9.5 and just rollback 10.9.4's IOHIDFamily kext. However, this generates lots of kernel symbol error messages during startup (see post #6288 above), something that the full 10.9.1 rollbacks does not cause.

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

Mavericks 10.9.5 working great like it was on 10.9.4.

Kernel used - RC3 :)

I just needed to replace System.kext, Sandbox.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOHIDFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext.

Additionaly this update installed on my S/L/E previous kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext - so I deleted it again and system boots :)

yakalmar

yakalmar

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Hello, i keep getting "Segmentation fault: 11" error when i'm trying to compile any project with Xcode 6 (both swift and clang). I think that's an error of LLVM, latest Xcode 5.1.1 that i got in app store works just fine. 

I have Mavericks 10.9.4 that works on AMD Athlon X2 3800+ on RC7 kernel. Is there any fix for this? Thank you. 

Morpheus NS

Morpheus NS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Mavericks 10.9.5 working great like it was on 10.9.4.

Kernel used - RC3 :)

I just needed to replace System.kext, Sandbox.kext, AppleACPIPlatform.kext, IOHIDFamily.kext, IOPCIFamily.kext.

Additionaly this update installed on my S/L/E previous kexts like AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext, AppleTyMCEDriver.kext and AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext - so I deleted it again and system boots :)

Could you please share the files you replaced after updating to 10.9.5? I messed up my installation, looking for a way to recover it. Thanks in advance!

Gismo

Gismo

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 56 posts

Hi,here is the link for the Kext !

http://www.insanelym...-amd/?p=2019324

Good Luck

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 289 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

Could you please share the files you replaced after updating to 10.9.5? I messed up my installation, looking for a way to recover it. Thanks in advance!

Gismo showed you directly link to these kexts and they should work.

But incase that somebody's want to kext directly from my 10.9.4 Mavericks - this is a link

http://www35.zippysh...09937/file.html

Make sure that you repair permissions after installing these kexts. And there is a folder with my deleted kexts, so do not delete your kexts if you get your system booting - this is just incase you couldn't boot.

Good Luck :)

carlo_67

carlo_67

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,972 posts

http://www.insanelym...-kext-for-amd/#

My replace Amd :lol:  :)  :)

Morpheus NS

Morpheus NS

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 17 posts

Thank you, guys!

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

9 user(s) are reading this topic

6 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy