Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6187 replies to this topic

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
  • Interests:Caffeine, OS X, AMD Hackintosh
Hi! :)

Gils, check your PM, put your TeamViewer on and let's see if it can build the launchd!

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts
We tried to build the launchd with TeamViewer, however it was too laggy and we couldn't solve the errors it gave. :/

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

:wallbash:

I took a little delay on finalizing my PC AMD FX after installing the patch ANVVoodoo 32/64 on my version 10.7.5.

therefore it is impossible to create a custom iso with kernel modified ML10.8 bootable virtualbox failing on VMware!
I tested iso original ML10.8 bug me but the PC (normal) tomorrow I will start my tests hoping to have better results.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Also, I took the opportunity to test this new kernel 11.4 AMD but it does not work at all (immediate reboot)

AMD mach_kernel (recompiled) LION - Downloads - OSx86.net :hammer:

Great work, keep it up! :) I'm a little busy now, but will continue researching on weekend! ;)

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,795 posts
Hello @ ll you have read the full blog Agner????

http://www.agner.org...g/read.php?i=49
>>>

Intel
The Intel compiler includes standard function libraries. Several special purpose libraries are
also available, such as the "Intel Math Kernel Library" and "Integrated Performance
Primitives". These function libraries are highly optimized for large data sets. However, the
Intel libraries do not always work well on AMD and VIA processors. See page 132 for an
explanation and possible workaround. Supports all x86 and x86-64 platforms.

AMD
AMD Math core library contains optimized mathematical functions. It also works on Intel
processors. The performance is inferior to the Intel libraries. Supports 32- and 64-bit
Windows and Linux.

Asmlib
My own function library made for demonstration purposes. Available from
www.agner.org/optimize/asmlib.zip. Currently includes optimized versions of memory and
string functions and some other functions that are difficult to find elsewhere. Faster than
most other libraries when running on the newest processors. Supports all x86 and x86-64
platforms

link Asmlib
>>>

I found the cpuid-tool (see link below), please look at the picture. It does not look bad, can it be booted by cpuid tamper with modified (cpuid.c / cpuid.h) with Mountain Lion? check this please
>>>

picture www.workupload.com/file/ROAtyVE

connatic + Deltac0, is it useful? can you work with it?

Edited by spakk, 24 November 2012 - 12:41 PM.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts
a nice picture? with cpuid fake (tool) from AMD Phenom II X4, an Intel Atom CPU Posted Image

Posted Image
only Fun

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts
what are you thinking about the tools?

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Posted Image

yes, I have seen how it is possible that AMD is recognized as ATOM processor??
I find it odd that this is also the 1 core 3 thread???

x3 720 and not x4 9xx !?

bizarre , biizarre :blink:

read the pdf file or the readme file , the AMD cpuid are faking

read the pdf file or the readme file , the AMD cpuid are faking with the tool

here is the Readme-file:

CPUID manipulation program for AMD processors by Andrey Lutsenko
----------------------------------------------------------------
Uses AMD virtualization. Does not work on Intel processors.
Note: I have not tested these programs, and I am providing them without responsibility.

Description in Russian:
http://www.vmgu.ru/a...zation-security
Google translate:
http://translate.goo...zation-security

File list:
----------

RED_PILL.exe -- Fully functional Hyperdriver, uses 1 core for itself. Starts OS from next boot device after C:. XAP emulation is off by default. Run in DOS real mode.

Test_CPU.exe -- Fast Hyperdriver without register events and scan, but can edit and dump memory, and all cores are available. May be incorrectly shown in hyperagent state. Run in DOS real mode.

FreeEye.exe -- Windows hyperagent (eng + rus). Load it and turn on XAP emulation in "Dump event" panel. Then you can also change XAP-area in memory editor. CPUID changes should take effect instantly.

FreeEye.rar -- Hyperagent source (english version only) with comments.

CPUID-Atom.XAP -- CPUID substitute file example for Intel Atom. To load it in the Hyperdriver
it must be renamed to CPUID.XAP and placed in C:\ (FAT32 only). Can be edited with a HEX
editor as a set of 64 16-byte lines (register quads) for CPUID pages 0-31 and 80..0-80..31 .

CPUID-Core2.XAP -- CPUID substitute file example for Intel Core 2.

XAPCPUID.exe -- XAP-file maker, makes C:/CPUID.XAP file with current CPU data. Runs under DOS.

How to get the computer into real mode DOS:
-------------------------------------------
Method 1: Booting from Windows 98 hard disk.
Install the Windows 98 boot system files on a hard disk and boot the
computer from this hard disk. It is not necessary to install the entire
Windows system on the hard disk. If the hard disk has the entire Windows
system installed then press F8 during boot and select "safe mode command
prompt only" to avoid getting into Windows mode.

Method 2: Booting from a floppy disk.
The floppy disk has to be formatted on a computer with one of these
operating systems: DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE,
Windows ME or Windows XP. It is not possible to make a bootable floppy
disk on Windows 2000 or Windows NT, Vista or Windows 7. (The computer
you are formatting the floppy disk on does not have to be the same
computer as the one you want to test).
Right-click on Floppy (A:), select "Format", and select "Copy
system files" or "Create an MS-DOS startup disk".

After the floppy disk has been made bootable, you have to copy all files
needed for the test to the floppy disk. You may have
to modify the BIOS setup in order to allow booting from a floppy disk.

Method 3: Booting from a USB memory stick.
Some brands of USB sticks can be made bootable, but not all.
Not all computers can boot from a USB stick, but many computers with
a relatively new BIOS can. You may have to modify the BIOS setup in
order to allow booting from a USB device. Follow the instructions that
come with the USB stick for how to make it bootable. The USB stick has
to be formatted on a computer with Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows XP
(not Windows 2000 or NT or Vista or Win7). After the USB stick
has been made bootable, you have to copy all files needed for the test
to the USB stick.

Whatever method you are using for getting into real mode DOS, make sure
you don't have EMM386 or any other virtual memory manager installed in
config.sys. (HIMEM.SYS may be OK).

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts
  • i don't know Gils Posted Image it's not working for me, I've tried everything.

Posted Image

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

the problem we have is mainly the lack of Nawcom's Developer's brilliant!

:help:

Posted Image

That's a fu_cking game, beginning next year, Apple will bring OS X 10.9 on the market. what problems we will get next year with AMD Cpu?

tdtran1025

tdtran1025

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts
The end of Intel-based x86 computing is near for most of consumer Macs. Apple is already moving towards ARM-based for most of $ generating products. We may see the first iteration of this architecture in 2014 in the guise of Macbook Air, with more trickling up to the chain. Eventually in theory, Apple can change MacPro to blade server configuration with each blade containing multiples of graphic cores to supplant vector computing. This strategy brings them back to the closed, proprietary ecosystem of the past, where OSX/iOS ride on. This will mark the end of Hackintosh when that day comes, as we no longer have a common hardware platform.
If Apple succeeds in doing so, it may not be all that bad for the price of these Mac products will further drop to main stream level. What would be interesting is if and when AMD will wake up and jump in with both feet to their own ARM SoC. Their experience in chip design, both CPU and GPU, is tremendous. Maybe then the Hackintosh community could hack the kernel once again to make use of the hypothetical ARM-based AMD SoC, granted Apple would still use AMD graphics by then. On this point, I fear not, for their employment of Imagination Technologies' PowerVR in SoC proves the performance is quite superb compared to even NVidia+Qualcomm. Caldexa already proved the success of their ARM server so it would not be surprising to find MacPros going ARM's way in 2014.

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts
Hi there !

I am pleased to announce that I have developped a SSSE3 (yes, 3 S') emulator for the XNU kernel.
Right now I am working on finishing up this work on the 10.6.8 kernel, but it should be easily portable to the newer kernels.

The plan would be to work upwards and integrate it to 10.7.x and then 10.8 =)
I made a test case program and the core emulation routines work, but there is a lot of integration work to do still. I am posting here because I would like to get in touch with people with strong coding/technical skills! In particular, I would like to also overhaul some AMD parts of the current patches.

So if you are interested in collaborating with me, let me know!

-- Sinetek (Also, I'd be happy to communicate in English/Français/Deutsch)

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,892 posts

Hi there !

I am pleased to announce that I have developped a SSSE3 (yes, 3 S') emulator for the XNU kernel.
Right now I am working on finishing up this work on the 10.6.8 kernel, but it should be easily portable to the newer kernels.

I made a test case program and the core emulation routines work, but there is a lot of integration work to do still. I am posting here because I would like to get in touch with people with strong coding/technical skills! In particular, I would like to also overhaul some AMD parts of the current patches.

Then you're making history, my friend! Congratulations! You just solve years-long issues for not only AMD users, but for lots of legacy intel users as well. Cheers!

I'd love to test your emulator asap on my rig: could you upload it here?

As for the specialized help you need, i'm afraid i'm below the standards required for this, but i know a person who could help you a lot: meklort. You can talk to him on IRC, server irc.osx86.hu, rooms #legacykernel, #mountainlion and #lion. Other people can help you also, look for nawcom, developer of the legacy kernel.

Thank you very much, Sinetek!

zchef2k

zchef2k

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts
Toggling CPUID masks in VMWare got me at least somewhere. This came from masking AMD's SSE3 fature. No more KP on corecrypto. Still hangs though as it does with fips_mode=0.

Posted Image

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
gils: Vous avez besoin de désactiver EFI dans ton VM et l'installer comme un Hackintosh ordinaire.

instant idiot

instant idiot

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Peut-être il faut que vous mettiez le système d'exploitation comme Windows sur ton VM. Si vous faites ça, VMWare va émuler un carte mère avec BIOS, alors vous pouvez installer comme normal.

Aussi, vouz pouvez écrire en français; je peut vous comprendre beaucoup mieux que Google translate, bien sûr!

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

Hi there !

Posted Image

Congratulations my friend for your work, I would also like to test your SSSE3 emulator with my Phenom II X6.
I also share the view of Theconnatic, please make your development here in front please.

Sinetek

Sinetek

InsanelyMac Sage

• Coders
  • 333 posts
Thanks for the warm welcome :pirate2:
Since there is interest in a test build, here it is.Run the enclosed testcase program and let me know what fails (about 4 or so..)
http://www.2shared.c...ernelssse3.html

EDIT: Forgot to add, this is for 10.6.8 and will run 32bit only for now.. calling conventions are a bit different on 64 i think

-- Sinetek

Shaneee

Shaneee

AMD Dev Tester

• Local Moderators
  • 1,002 posts
  • Interests:Web Design. OS X. Music.

Since there is interest in a test build, here it is.Run the enclosed testcase program and let me know what fails (about 4 or so..)

EDIT: Forgot to add, this is for 10.6.8 and will run 32bit only for now.. calling conventions are a bit different on 64 i think

-- Sinetek

Can you upload to MediaFire or somewhere else? I can't download from 2shared

Thanks

Deltac0

Deltac0

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 263 posts

Hi there !

I'm really happy to hear someone could finally make it! :)
I have few test rigs here for some serious testin', now downloading your kernel and trying to boot the 10.6.8. :)

See my sig for my 2 comps, I also have a few older Intel laptops and Celeron / Pentium 4 desktops to test with. :)

Spoiler

I hope it is okay to upload a mirror. I'll remove it if you ask.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,795 posts

-- Sinetek

hi Slackware,

Thank you for uploading
I must first install snow leopard so I can test your work. I will contact you then.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

7 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy