Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

woohooo, finally

this is a huge great news

can't wait to try the new kernel  :frantics:  :frantics:  :frantics:

• Like 1

this is the best news for a long time, thank you for this good news

• Like 3

I think, that Apple playing with us 4 sure. 

This is well-known strategy frequently used in business or .... seducing girls. 

Apple want us 4 sure, They definitely want us to use their OS against EULA (or even pirated distros).

Why? 

Because this is the only way to compete with M$ Windows. 

When non super attractive and/nor rich guy wants to pick-up attractive girl, he must artificially boost his attraction. One of available methods is called 'push and pul'. The guy gives her some sweet vibes during one day, and during the next 2 days he becomes cold. And the the girl starts to wondering what he's up to. The most important result is that his value rises in her eyes. This is just psychological mechanism. 

I think Apple in fact want us, I mean not only AMD hackintosches , but Hackintoshes at all. The OS that is a little bit exclusive, something that U can install on Ur plain PC, but with a little beat of effort. But not to big effort, just fit for this mechanism. When all AMD users start to think that our project dying, here U are, behold the new sources:) And the legend is rising, this is all about. 

IMHO, I think this is OK, we all need monopoly breakers on the OS market. So apple We wish U happy seducing :)

• Like 1

This is all possible, I'm interested in the dirt pack of American intelligence. .. it does not matter what you are. acquired for a commercially operating system, everything that comes from the United States In any software and hardware plugged the great monitoring who watches over you ??????? ... the Great monitoring from usa. If you do not like it ... then you get your own operating system.

Edit:

People I have another problem since my account does not work .... any idea why? and xnu-2422.90.20 required xcode 5.1.1 which is the reason why I get the error messages when i get creating the kernel. My question has someone patched the kernel?

• Like 1

No one? ???

It requires the dtrace-118.1 and xcode 5.1.1

• Like 1

No one? ???

Does it require Xcode 5.1.1?

Damn... I still use an older version.

Guess I'll have to update my tools...

I'll build a new kernel when I can.

• Like 3

Thx Andy , no chance with older xcode.

I have made ​​a few try to patch the kernel, unfortunately without success. until I have found that we need a new dtrace-118.1 and xcode 5.1.1. Unfortunately, Apple once again weaves times. My apple password is not recognized. And now I can not download anything.

???

• Like 1

Hi, folks!

Here's the 10.9.2 AMD kernel, based on the BSA R9 kernel.

Andy, i had to alter a line under the tsc.c file - FSB_CPUFrequency to simply FSB_Frequency, otherwise the build will fail. If it's something important, please take a look when you can, otherwise everything should be fine.

amd_kernel.zip

All the best!

• Like 5

Thank theconatic for the creation of the kernels .. now should be tested if the kernel also works for Mavericks 10.9.3 without doing a rollback.

In the first test I made a mistake undermined, sorry

So the second test with the amd_kernel with and without SSDT.aml, the system restarts

more tests i will do it tomorrow.

(All Tests with mavericks 10.9.3 beta build 13d55 )

Hi, folks!

Here's the 10.9.2 AMD kernel, based on the BSA R9 kernel.

Andy, i had to alter a line under the tsc.c file - FSB_CPUFrequency to simply FSB_Frequency, otherwise the build will fail. If it's something important, please take a look when you can, otherwise everything should be fine.

attachicon.gifamd_kernel.zip

All the best!

I'd love 2 test it, but somehow... in very curious circumstances :w00t: I have lost my kexts from 10.9.2 (system, sandbox and so on). Can someone please upload? With the old one it freezes after messages about each one USB 'will be unload during sleep'.

Seems that everyone's either in 10.9.3 beta or is afraid to break his/her own working system. C'mon, guys! Disk Utility is for this kind of situation! :P

I myself had to go back to Lion, because I use my hack in a daily basis (HTPC!), but I'm making my MyHack 10.9 installer (as per http://rampagedev.wordpress.com/os-x-10-8-mountain-lion/: despite the name in the link, it's also for Mavericks) and will try it as soon as it's ready - with the DMG Rampage is so kindly making available in his blog. Will report soon!

All the best!

• Like 1

UPDATE: the kernel didn't behave well with my computer: the Desktop is never reached, and the pin wheel in the boot screen spins erratically, either very often too fast, and sometimes too slow. That obviously point to a tsc issue, meaning that altered line was indeed essential to the correct functionality of the kernel.

unfortunately I get OPEMU error with the connactic kernels ... test with mavericks 10.9.2 IMG-20140512-00103.jpg

This is probably due to incorrect TSC.

@theconnactic: Were there any rejects in the log file? I'll create a diff soon...

Andy still the same, tried with

1) voodooPState, VoodooTSCSyncAMD, system.kext (form yours)

2) rolling back 4 kext from 10.9.1

maybe not compatible with my old procie .. (same case when I used bsa9 kernels)

Waiting .. waiting .. :D ...

Well after my account is working again but only with mobile communications. I have installed now xcode 5.1.1 but it get conflicts with clang. With xcode 5 dp4 I had not had these conflicts.

Who has an idea???

The problem I have now on all Mavericks partitions or should I install a partition with Mountain Lion?

UPDATE: the kernel didn't behave well with my computer: the Desktop is never reached, and the pin wheel in the boot screen spins erratically, either very often too fast, and sometimes too slow. That obviously point to a tsc issue, meaning that altered line was indeed essential to the correct functionality of the kernel.

same here with FX-8120

no error, no KP just stuck after mount all device on boot

Well after my account is working again but only with mobile communications. I have installed now xcode 5.1.1 but it get conflicts with clang. With xcode 5 dp4 I had not had these conflicts.

Who has an idea???

The problem I have now on all Mavericks partitions or should I install a partition with Mountain Lion?

it's not just you. that's why i downgraded to 5.0.2. has an older build of clang. (but i have not tried building the kernel, I saw you mention it requires 5.1.1 and that's unfortunate)

Thanks for all the testing, guys: it's pretty clear that simply applying the unmodified BSA R9 diff to the new XNU won't do any good. Will take a closer look later, and Andy already said he'll make another diff. Stay in tune.

All the best!

• Like 1

Hi !

My kernel 10.9.2 is working on AMD CPU FX ! 

Try kernel !  :D

It is kernel only for FX , no tested on old cpu processors .

attachicon.gifmach_10_9_2__fx_bronya_rc1.zip

yeah this looks working with fx-8120 but I have a strange problem

after boot I see only the cursor and a grey background and never reach the desktop

I have the same problem when I'm trying the backup method with older kernels

flags used: -v -f npci=0x2000 GraphicsEnabler=no / yes pcirootuid=0 / 1

but no luck