Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6225 replies to this topic

pico joe

pico joe

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

@spakk.. no problem here with build 13C53 .. but unfortunately still get OPEMU error without rollback kext from 10.9.1..

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,823 posts

@spakk.. no problem here with build 13C53 .. but unfortunately still get OPEMU error without rollback kext from 10.9.1..

ok , pico joe, many thanks for your response

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 285 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

zip.gif  spakk.zip

Everything works except Restart :)

(10.9.1-10.9.2)

Edited by tragediana150, 08 February 2014 - 03:09 PM.

nycofr

nycofr

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I tried rc5 kernel and got stuck at : IOATAcontroler device blocking bus.
Moreover, I'd already booted successfully with this kernel before, and there was a slight bug (I think with RTC) : my computer's time elapsed faster than real time : 15 real sec for about 1 min on my pc... I'm doing a clean install (from Iatkos ML), then updating to 10.8.5 ; then see for kext.

syscl

syscl

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Two issues:

1.incorrect cpu information:

L3 cache : 8KB 

HT Bus    : 800MHz

2.The animation of lots of applications run in an abnormal speed(so fast).In which case, when playing music, the sound goes discontinuously.

Details:

replace kexts: System.kext

installed kexts : voodoohda.kext(2.8.4)  

kern.version: Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: Mo  6 Jan 2014 02:09:31 CET; root:xnu-sinetek/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64

2014-02-09 21:34:14 -0800 kernel[0]: .

2014-02-09 21:34:14 -0800 kernel[0]: Error unserializing info dictionary for device tree entry Driver-20829000: OSUnserializeXML: syntax error near line 1

2014-02-09 21:34:14 -0800 kernel[0]: .

hw.l1icachesize = 65536

hw.l1dcachesize = 65536

hw.l2settings = 1

hw.l2cachesize = 524288

hw.l3settings = 1

hw.l3cachesize = 4096

hw.logicalcpu: 2

hw.logicalcpu_max: 2

hw.l1icachesize: 65536

hw.l1dcachesize: 65536

hw.l2cachesize: 524288

hw.l3cachesize: 4096

machdep.pmap.hashwalks: 443683

dyce

dyce

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

has anyone sucessfully installed mavericks on vmware workstation/esxi with amd host? if so, can you tell me a brief how to so i can get going the right direction?

wjywbs

wjywbs

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Hi spakk, it shouldn't matter. This file is at BUILD/obj/SETUP/config/lexer.yy.c and is generated at build time from SETUP/config/lexer.l  It says the function input is not used and it's just a warning. You should still get a mach_kernel.

The OPEMU UD2 message in your kernel should be caused by incompatible drivers, not sse errors. Try to panic on these OPEMU message (post #5301 as reference) and see which kext or part cause that message. ud2 is not a sse instruction. The kernel traps all failed instructions and passes to OPEMU (including sse instructions).

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Hi spakk, it shouldn't matter. This file is at BUILD/obj/SETUP/config/lexer.yy.c and is generated at build time from SETUP/config/lexer.l  It says the function input is not used and it's just a warning. You should still get a mach_kernel.

The OPEMU UD2 message in your kernel should be caused by incompatible drivers, not sse errors. Try to panic on these OPEMU message (post #5301 as reference) and see which kext or part cause that message. ud2 is not a sse instruction. The kernel traps all failed instructions and passes to OPEMU (including sse instructions).

sorry, I was too focused on the build of the kernel and failed to delete this entry. But thank you wjywbs for your information
I do not know where to start, since I'm not a programmer, there is much to read on Ud2 bug fix in the field linux.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

We have a massive problem with OPCode since the Beta version from 10.9.1 to 10.9.2.
Although we have found a way around to boot without get OPEMU: Ud2 Error message (Replace the System.kext and sandbox.kext from 10.9), but we do not know what lasting impact this will have on the stability of the system?

As we all know, sinetek and Andy has worked mainly on the OPCODE for AMD Kernel, unfortunately, we have now come to a point where the further development has come to a standstill. The reasons are not known to me?? :(

to all programmers in the situation are to experiment with Sinetek's OPEMU, can take as base around the xnu-sinetek  to see construction of the opcode.

Please give your suggestions for further development and testing proposals for a bugfix :)

I understand that so right? that our Linux friends have created a bug fix? http://valgrind.org/.../dist.news.html
if that is true,  is there possibility to use this bug fix for OS X ?

Edited by spakk, 16 February 2014 - 01:41 PM.

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,619 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

:)

hello spakk, 

why develop a kernel 13.2 beta? it would be wiser to wait for the official release 10.9.2 Maveriks to continue, beta kernel changes can still happen so the best solution may be to wait for the official version that the coders working on it.

the Maveriks Version 10.9.0/1 works perfectly on AMD and has nothing to envy to the vanilla version for Intel. The Haswell processors (Intel) encounter more problems than AMD CPU is a little history of the biter !  :) 

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

hello spakk, 

why develop a kernel 13.2 beta? it would be wiser to wait for the official release 10.9.2 Maveriks to continue, beta kernel changes can still happen so the best solution may be to wait for the official version that the coders working on it.

the Maveriks Version 10.9.0/1 works perfectly on AMD and has nothing to envy to the vanilla version for Intel. The Haswell processors (Intel) encounter more problems than AMD CPU is a little history of the biter !   :)

I think you're right Gils, mavericks works very well so far on AMD processors.
I'm not quite sure if the OPCODE problem will also come in the official version too.?

Edit:

also mavericks 10.9.2 version 13C59 works very well with last amd kernel by Andy and sinetek but with Replace System.kext and Sandbox.kext from 10.9

Edited by spakk, 16 February 2014 - 06:54 PM.

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

profitons de nos PC AMD qui fonctionnent à merveille , même mon Sempron reprend vie sous OS X Maveriks   :) je penses que sous M 10.9.2 il fonctionnera à merveille aussi :) même un Pentium HT ne fonctionne pas aussi bien  :rolleyes:

enjoy our PC AMD that work wonderfully, even my life again Sempron OS X Maveriks :) I think it will work under 10.9.2 M perfectly too :) even a Pentium HT does not work as well

245230Capturedcran20140217020112.png

with small HD 5450  :D

257138Capturedcran20090317040113.png

948278Capturedcran20090317040305.png

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

please make this test with OS X 10.9.2 (13C62) :wink_anim:

[/URL]">http://lnjnujku.png

[/URL]">qlit6l74.png

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,169 posts

quick Q for whom have FX processors like FX 8350 

do you have any problem (Crashes or glitches or colour changes ) on any programs specially on latest  GFX programs 

as i think on upgrading cpu to FX8350

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

quick Q for whom have FX processors like FX 8350 

do you have any problem (Crashes or glitches or colour changes ) on any programs specially on latest  GFX programs 

as i think on upgrading cpu to FX8350

@ Mohamed, if you want to buy a new CPU, then I would wait a little until the FX9590 is slightly cheaper, though it costs a few bucks more but then you have a super CPU :)

http://geizhals.de/a...of-a973468.html

I use a CPU: Phenom II X6 1100T, CPU is not overclocking.
So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems and my graphics card works almost perfectly

FX 9590 Test

Edited by spakk, 22 February 2014 - 09:15 PM.

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,169 posts

@ Mohamed, if you want to buy a new CPU, then I would wait a little until the FX9590 is slightly cheaper, though it costs a few bucks more but then you have a super CPU :)

So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems.

the problem on final cut pro :/

and feel to some extent that cpu doesn't works with its full power because of instruction limitation

so want to update for instructions and and upgrade for performance 

about fx9590 it is too expensive now and see on power consummation  don't know if it will work normally on my motherboard !!

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

and feel to some extent that cpu doesn't works with its full power because of instruction limitation

about fx9590 it is too expensive now and see on power consummation  don't know if it will work normally on my motherboard !!

I do not know why there is such a massive problem?
I think that that the optimization of the DSDT.aml and the selection of drivers are essential for the good Performences and Kompetabilität. I do not know. :unsure:

I do not know why there is such a massive problem?
I think that that the optimization of the DSDT.aml and the selection of drivers are essential for the good Performences and Kompetabilität. I do not know. :unsure:

Edit:

I had massive problems with system crashes during the entire Mountain Lion kernel-development phase but since mavericks everything OK

Edit:

The fact is that your and my motherboard can work max. with FX 8350. I can not take the FX 9590 my Board is GA-990 FXA-UD3 with Rev. 1.2. only the next Gigabyte Generation Rev. 4.0 or the GA 990 FXA-UD5/UD7 in Rev. 3.0 can work with the current consumption of the FX 9370 or FX 9590 together.

Edited by spakk, 22 February 2014 - 10:04 PM.

spakk

spakk

• Members
  • 1,823 posts

Edit:

I am very satisfied at the moment, so I'll continue to work with my current hardware and still do not buy new hardware.

gils83

gils83

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 1,619 posts

So far I have not had a Crasch, all music and sound programs and the remaining Adobe programs run on my hardware without any problems and my graphics card works almost perfectly

FX 9590 Test

bah  !!! le test est complètement faussé  :shock:  j'ai un FX 8350 et un Xeon E3-1245 v2 ( i7 3770) et je te garantie que le FX est plus puissant que le Xeon , rien que dans le test x264 , le FX 8350 est plus rapide en réalité que le Xeon avec Handbrake (300 fps pour le FX et 200 fps pour le xeon , donc , j'ose imaginer que le reste des tests sont faux .

http://www.cpubenchm...h_end_cpus.html

le i5 4670k est quand même très loin derrière un FX 8350  :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

bah! the test is completely distorted  :shock:  I have a 8350 FX and Xeon E3-1245 v2 (i7 3770) and I will guarantee that the FX is more powerful than the Xeon, nothing in the x264 test, the FX 8350 is actually faster than the Xeon with Handbrake (300 fps to 200 fps and the FX for xeon, so I imagine that the rest of the tests are false.

http://www.cpubenchm...h_end_cpus.html

the i5 4670k still far behind FX 8350 :hysterical: :hysterical: :hysterical:

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • 2,169 posts

thanks people :)

hope how have fx-8350 to report about final cut pro 10.1.1 & Imove 10.0.2 

also about illustrator if it works without deleting any file :D

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

3 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy