Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Anyone with Lion or Mountain Lion could try to compile 32-bit launchd?

Here is some instructions:

1. Download this and extract to your desktop

2. Open terminal and navigate to the folder with "cd" command: "cd Desktop" should go to your desktop folder, then "cd launchd*" and it takes you to the launchd folder.

3. Type in terminal: sudo xcodebuild ARCHS="i386" <- WITH THE QUOTES ON "i386".

4. If it doesn't give any errors and says something like "Build succeeded", go to the build folder (usually named "BUILD"), there might be folder named "obj" (or not). Try to find the launchd there.

5. Upload the launchd somewhere, I'll try to boot with it and my custom kernel

6. ???

7. Profit. Pure profit.

:)

• Like 1

2. Open terminal and navigate to the folder with "cd" command: "cd Desktop" should go to your desktop folder, then "cd launchd*" and it takes you to the launchd folder.

3. Type in terminal: sudo xcodebuild ARCHS="i386"

4. If it doesn't give any errors and says something like "Build succeeded", go to the build folder (usually named "BUILD"), there might be folder named "obj" (or not). Try to find the launchd there.

6. ???

7. Profit. Pure profit.

Hi Deltac0 :thumbsup_anim:

I lie now in my bed and read all what you do. :superman:

I can today and tomorrow do not test because I have exams, unfortunately.

But I will read here in the forum and wishes to good succeed. :trumpet:

6. ???

7. Profit. Pure profit.

Here you go. The whole build folder,

build.zip

6. ???

7. Profit. Pure profit.

I get error messages and gives me a messages to make xcode update

Here you go. The whole build folder,

build.zip

Thanks! :)

It seems that you built only the wait4path though (it is a part of the launchd), my instructions were maybe wrong :/

Could you try to open XCode and find how to build the launchd?

EDIT: Open XCode and change the top bar look like this:

NOTE: Where it says launchd in my picture, your XCode probably shows "wait4path", change it to launchd and "My Mac 32-bit" :)

TEdmH.png

Then Product -> Build

I accidentally the contents of /sw2/etc/ into /sw/, that is the reason why (launched Build) it did not work for me.

Is it possible that someone makes a picture of the folder content /sw2/etc/ (just a picture) so that I can move the files back to /sw2/etc/. Thank you for your efforts in advance

Last login: Tue Nov 20 19:42:13 on ttys002

/usr/bin/xcodebuild ; exit;

grep: /sw2/etc/fink.conf: No such file or directory

localhost:~ mein$ /usr/bin/xcodebuild ; exit;

Error: No developer directory found at /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode45-DP1.app/Contents/Developer. Run /usr/bin/xcode-select to update the developer directory path.

logout

[Prozess beendet]

Hi Deltac0,

or you now have everything you require?

I accidentally the contents of /sw2/etc/ into /sw/, that is the reason why (launched Build) it did not work for me.

Is it possible that someone makes a picture of the folder content /sw2/etc/ (just a picture) so that I can move the files back to /sw2/etc/. Thank you for your efforts in advance

Last login: Tue Nov 20 19:42:13 on ttys002

/usr/bin/xcodebuild ; exit;

localhost:~ mein$ /usr/bin/xcodebuild ; exit;

Error: No developer directory found at /Volumes/Xcode/Xcode45-DP1.app/Contents/Developer. Run /usr/bin/xcode-select to update the developer directory path.

logout

[Prozess beendet]

Hi Deltac0,

or you now have everything you require?

Hi! I don't yet have the i386 compiled launchd. I think I will compile it myself, if anyone can't supply me it first. :)

And I don't have those folders, where are they located?

Hi IiTz ShAnE

Please send me a picture of the folder / sw / etc / so I can make the build for Deltac0

It is a pity that, so many read this and do not want to participate, do not understand wrong iiTZShAnE Please , I mean the other, the only sleep here

Where is that folder? I can't find it.

root directory , see here #543

or write me which files in / sw2/etc / must be.

It is a pity that, so many read this and do not want to participate, do not understand wrong iiTZShAnE Please , I mean the other, the only sleep here

root directory , see here #543

or write me which files in / sw2/etc / must be.

I don't have that directory anywhere on my Lion...

Edit:

Since, makes Deltac0 very much work and only asks us to create a ridiculous file and no one wants to help him. Except for the few here, it is very embarrassing :bag:.

But in the end only want to take advantage of it, and do not want help? :fishing1:

:blowup:

Because if it continues like this, then I can only advise Deltac0 working on a modified kernel to stop, because the majority here just wants to make fun of it. :ihw_pop:

Sorry for my bad english.

I don't have that directory anywhere on my Lion...

ok thank you my friend, I'll look like I'm going to fix the problem

hello ,

for those who want laucnd code on xcode, I have version 4.5.2 on ML10.8.2 I give my password in MP teamviewer to connect to my PC as the interface is in English, I do not understand nothing. :wallbash:

268265Capturedcran20121120204159.png

There is a french and a silly German, both have almost the same problems, little understanding of programming. And as a lonely man from Finland of a lot of work has taken it upon themselves to address the problems here and to possibly fix the problems. And on the other side are so many English speaking always looking over here, which may have good programming skills, and look away and do not want to help. We have a great team here, we're a good fit. :jester:

hi Gils accept the Agreement

There is a french and a silly German, both have almost the same problems, little understanding of programming. And as a lonely man from Finland of a lot of work has taken it upon themselves to address the problems here and to possibly fix the problems. And on the other side are so many English speaking always looking over here, which may have good programming skills, and look away and do not want to help. We have a great team here, we're a good fit. :jester:

hi Gils accept the Agreement

and follow these instructions #537

:wallbash:

I took a little delay on finalizing my PC AMD FX after installing the patch ANVVoodoo 32/64 on my version 10.7.5.

therefore it is impossible to create a custom iso with kernel modified ML10.8 bootable virtualbox failing on VMware!

I tested iso original ML10.8 bug me but the PC (normal) tomorrow I will start my tests hoping to have better results.

426215Capturedcran20120109102449.png

624040Capturedcran20120109111018.png

Also, I took the opportunity to test this new kernel 11.4 AMD but it does not work at all (immediate reboot)

AMD mach_kernel (recompiled) LION - Downloads - OSx86.net :hammer:

Great work, keep it up! :) I'm a little busy now, but will continue researching on weekend! ;)

Hello @ ll you have read the full blog Agner????

http://www.agner.org...g/read.php?i=49

>>>

Intel

The Intel compiler includes standard function libraries. Several special purpose libraries are

also available, such as the "Intel Math Kernel Library" and "Integrated Performance

Primitives". These function libraries are highly optimized for large data sets. However, the

Intel libraries do not always work well on AMD and VIA processors. See page 132 for an

explanation and possible workaround. Supports all x86 and x86-64 platforms.

AMD

AMD Math core library contains optimized mathematical functions. It also works on Intel

processors. The performance is inferior to the Intel libraries. Supports 32- and 64-bit

Windows and Linux.

Asmlib

My own function library made for demonstration purposes. Available from

www.agner.org/optimize/asmlib.zip. Currently includes optimized versions of memory and

string functions and some other functions that are difficult to find elsewhere. Faster than

most other libraries when running on the newest processors. Supports all x86 and x86-64

platforms

link Asmlib

>>>

I found the cpuid-tool (see link below), please look at the picture. It does not look bad, can it be booted by cpuid tamper with modified (cpuid.c / cpuid.h) with Mountain Lion? check this please

>>>

picture ROAtyVE

connatic + Deltac0, is it useful? can you work with it?

Edited by spakk

a nice picture? with cpuid fake (tool) from AMD Phenom II X4, an Intel Atom CPU winke.gif

1210.gif

only Fun

strong>ression.gif

yes, I have seen how it is possible that AMD is recognized as ATOM processor??

I find it odd that this is also the 1 core 3 thread???

x3 720 and not x4 9xx !?

bizarre , biizarre :blink:

read the pdf file or the readme file , the AMD cpuid are faking

read the pdf file or the readme file , the AMD cpuid are faking with the tool

here is the Readme-file:

CPUID manipulation program for AMD processors by Andrey Lutsenko

----------------------------------------------------------------

Uses AMD virtualization. Does not work on Intel processors.

Note: I have not tested these programs, and I am providing them without responsibility.

Description in Russian:

http://www.vmgu.ru/a...zation-security

Google translate:

http://translate.goo...zation-security

File list:

----------

RED_PILL.exe -- Fully functional Hyperdriver, uses 1 core for itself. Starts OS from next boot device after C:. XAP emulation is off by default. Run in DOS real mode.

Test_CPU.exe -- Fast Hyperdriver without register events and scan, but can edit and dump memory, and all cores are available. May be incorrectly shown in hyperagent state. Run in DOS real mode.

FreeEye.exe -- Windows hyperagent (eng + rus). Load it and turn on XAP emulation in "Dump event" panel. Then you can also change XAP-area in memory editor. CPUID changes should take effect instantly.

FreeEye.rar -- Hyperagent source (english version only) with comments.

CPUID-Atom.XAP -- CPUID substitute file example for Intel Atom. To load it in the Hyperdriver

it must be renamed to CPUID.XAP and placed in C:\ (FAT32 only). Can be edited with a HEX

editor as a set of 64 16-byte lines (register quads) for CPUID pages 0-31 and 80..0-80..31 .

CPUID-Core2.XAP -- CPUID substitute file example for Intel Core 2.

XAPCPUID.exe -- XAP-file maker, makes C:/CPUID.XAP file with current CPU data. Runs under DOS.

How to get the computer into real mode DOS:

-------------------------------------------

Method 1: Booting from Windows 98 hard disk.

Install the Windows 98 boot system files on a hard disk and boot the

computer from this hard disk. It is not necessary to install the entire

Windows system on the hard disk. If the hard disk has the entire Windows

system installed then press F8 during boot and select "safe mode command

prompt only" to avoid getting into Windows mode.

Method 2: Booting from a floppy disk.

The floppy disk has to be formatted on a computer with one of these

operating systems: DOS, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows 98 SE,

Windows ME or Windows XP. It is not possible to make a bootable floppy

disk on Windows 2000 or Windows NT, Vista or Windows 7. (The computer

you are formatting the floppy disk on does not have to be the same

computer as the one you want to test).

Right-click on Floppy (A:), select "Format", and select "Copy

system files" or "Create an MS-DOS startup disk".

After the floppy disk has been made bootable, you have to copy all files

needed for the test to the floppy disk. You may have

to modify the BIOS setup in order to allow booting from a floppy disk.

Method 3: Booting from a USB memory stick.

Some brands of USB sticks can be made bootable, but not all.

Not all computers can boot from a USB stick, but many computers with

a relatively new BIOS can. You may have to modify the BIOS setup in

order to allow booting from a USB device. Follow the instructions that

come with the USB stick for how to make it bootable. The USB stick has

to be formatted on a computer with Windows 98, Windows ME or Windows XP

(not Windows 2000 or NT or Vista or Win7). After the USB stick

has been made bootable, you have to copy all files needed for the test

to the USB stick.

Whatever method you are using for getting into real mode DOS, make sure

you don't have EMM386 or any other virtual memory manager installed in

config.sys. (HIMEM.SYS may be OK).

the problem we have is mainly the lack of Nawcom's Developer's brilliant!

:help:

1185.gif

That's a fu_cking game, beginning next year, Apple will bring OS X 10.9 on the market. what problems we will get next year with AMD Cpu?

The end of Intel-based x86 computing is near for most of consumer Macs. Apple is already moving towards ARM-based for most of $ generating products. We may see the first iteration of this architecture in 2014 in the guise of Macbook Air, with more trickling up to the chain. Eventually in theory, Apple can change MacPro to blade server configuration with each blade containing multiples of graphic cores to supplant vector computing. This strategy brings them back to the closed, proprietary ecosystem of the past, where OSX/iOS ride on. This will mark the end of Hackintosh when that day comes, as we no longer have a common hardware platform.

If Apple succeeds in doing so, it may not be all that bad for the price of these Mac products will further drop to main stream level. What would be interesting is if and when AMD will wake up and jump in with both feet to their own ARM SoC. Their experience in chip design, both CPU and GPU, is tremendous. Maybe then the Hackintosh community could hack the kernel once again to make use of the hypothetical ARM-based AMD SoC, granted Apple would still use AMD graphics by then. On this point, I fear not, for their employment of Imagination Technologies' PowerVR in SoC proves the performance is quite superb compared to even NVidia+Qualcomm. Caldexa already proved the success of their ARM server so it would not be surprising to find MacPros going ARM's way in 2014.