Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6379 replies to this topic

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Installation/post-installion support request posts deleted. Post in the appropriate place.

I have a problem with iMovie preview. All time artefacts. Any chance to fix it ? I use iMovie 10.0 and Mavericks with AnV kernel

Test other kernels and see if it is a constant issue.

madcapy

madcapy

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts
  • Interests:Apple Products
    Photography
    70's rock

Video artifacts only seem to appear if you're using newer software versions, they have probably changed video rendering method. Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3 gives no artifacts, as well as the previous version of iMovie, so a temporary solution could be to use older versions.

By the way there are artifacts in the latest iPhoto as well, the photos look blurry.

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts
  • Interests:Music Production

Finally I've got my GT430 working with full QE/CI :D so thanks to everybody for make that possible ;) Andy - you are the best!! :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

Now I am testing how to enable two monitors/displays on my machine with full graphics acceleration. :police:

No artifacts, no glithes. Sometimes Launchpad is pink and sometimes is normal colour.

I think that something is not work out yet - the icons has small black lines on the right sides and I think it has influence with graphics.

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

Reporting;

Acdsee is not working, its not showing img., photoshop is crashing in some options like B&W. . .

TrvHrt

TrvHrt

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 132 posts

Hey i have mavericks working, do we need to use andys system kext and PStates kexts? does it make much difference.

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Hey i have mavericks working, do we need to use andys system kext and PStates kexts? does it make much difference.

Nope, we don't need to :D It's not working on my machine, but I am trying again. There will be good, when you try it and post your results :)

EDIT: There is no difference

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts

Hi guys, i was talking to a friend of mine about the pink renderer issue and he made the following statement:

pt-Br

Pensando, se a cache foi alterada, pode ser que algum resquício acabou ficando para trás. Como um lixo que quando é inicializado seja rosa. Aí então ele reuna a cache. Talvez esteja faltando um reset em algum lugar. Para limpar a cache antes de usar.

Como se uma variável que deveria ser 0 no inicio. Porém com essa cache a variável não é inicializada pra 0, e sim pra 200. Por que é o lixo inicial da memória, aí então o sistema calcula as cores começando com 200 ao invés vez de 0, o que ocasiona um deslocamento nas cores até ficar rosa. (risos).

Alternative translation i've made:

If the cache has changed, it may be that some parts of the code need to be updated too. As a garbage and when it starts it is pink. By then the system reunite the cache. Maybe missing a reset somewhere. To clear the cache before using.

It can be also a lack of some variable or wrong value set that should be 0 at the beginning. But with this cache variable it is not initialised  as 0, but 200 lets say. Because it is the garbage initial memory, then the system calculates the colors starting with 200 instead instead of 0, which causes a shift in color that's why it becomes pink. (laughs).

Any thoughts?

ameris cyning

ameris cyning

Boycott the apostrophe

• Donators
  • 1,009 posts
  • Interests:OSx86, Deutschland, electronic music, Clover EFI

This might be a stupid post

Anyways, tried it on my Haswell machine purely for the {censored} and giggles.

I noticed the spinner (on the boot screen with the Apple logo) went super fast. Nothing happened after a few minutes, so I rebooted with -v

It got all the way to Bluetooth successful (right before it hits the desktop) and stays there.

This might be a hint:

it threw off a few AppleSMC errors (standard malformed errors)

/No I am not asking for support. I am just giving you an FYI.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

More support related stuff deleted. How can this kind of people - who cannot even read! - possibly expect success with AMD hackintoshing?

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

a lot of my posts were moved to threads that had nothing to do with what I said. Such as wondering if the radeon R9 would work on mavericks, is in the geekbench scores thread.

You are right, just put it back at where it was. Tell me about the other incorrectly moved posts, i'll check it out. Notice that if and every time it's not quite clear it's a testing-related post, it will be at my discretion to decide to move it or not the post, or even to delete it, and any complaints should be made via P.M., otherwise they'll be deleted. Counting on you to help me keeping this topic without "noise".

Since i'm quoting you and it's off-topic subject, i'll delete your post.

All the best!

hzhjy123

hzhjy123

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 58 posts

Video artifacts only seem to appear if you're using newer software versions, they have probably changed video rendering method. Final Cut Pro X 10.0.3 gives no artifacts, as well as the previous version of iMovie, so a temporary solution could be to use older versions.

By the way there are artifacts in the latest iPhoto as well, the photos look blurry.

Good solution. I think that problem is 64 bit...

Diazz72

Diazz72

ExAMD Terminator

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 176 posts

One more problem to report netflix ( silverlight ) is lagging in FullScreen mode. . .

xwxw

xwxw

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Some times (such as wake from screensaver or run some software that needs lots of CPU or GPU) become very lagging, and the "kernel_task" process takes up a large amount of CPU. I do not know why. :( . My CPU is Athlon x64 7450, GPU is HD 6450, and use the RC7 kernel.

Traace

Traace

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

This is not the Support Thread.....

Please check next time.

I will help u anyway, i got the issue as i was on10.6 SL but also work for 10.9

The Trick: Use Clover :) he will calculate the right vaults

Andy Vandijck

Andy Vandijck

InsanelyMac Deity

• Coders
  • 1,693 posts
  • Interests:Programming stuff for Mac OS X...
    Hacking...
    Hard rock (also really big Metallica...

Soon full diff!

When can we have it?
I'd like to combine my useful additions with your diff to create a great kernel.

@others: can anybody get me the AMD kernel developers guide for 21h family (Bulldozer/Piledriver) CPUs? I still need to fix PM module.

tragediana150

tragediana150

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 296 posts

Ok, so this is the strange icon lines on the right sides :)

Attached File  Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-12 o 07.36.24.png   26.36KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-12 o 07.36.39.png   18.57KB   3 downloads

Attached File  Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-12 o 07.36.46.png   20.83KB   3 downloadsAttached File  Zrzut ekranu 2013-11-12 o 07.37.09.png   28.95KB   3 downloads

It is the error of kernel or only my graphics? :D

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

Kernel! A little bug that's still running loose. But I'm sure it will be squashed accordingly eventually...

All the best!

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,978 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

I will try to explain in good FranAnglais google translation, it can interresser some member even though the heart is no longer there.

a simple way to set CPU FSB frequency, assume that this is not a cosmetic.
chameleon works well on Intel but AMD is quite risky. With Clover, we have the possibility to set three values ​​FSB / CPU frequency / ratio and turbo multiplier, I have no feeling on my performance FX CPU but maybe on old AMD CPU we note a difference in config. plist, we can write these values.

I C6state reactivated and given the CPB values ​​and CORE CPU default auto mode (2800/3800) Pildriver. No audio synchronization is noted (VoodooHDA 2.8.4) J'utilse Bronya RC7 kernel patch fix Sinetek video.

with chameleon 2252

723415chameleon.png

with Clover 1663

375605clover.png

F/R/FSB is correct 

Paralleles w7

514978Capturedcran20131112173000.png

</dict> 
        <key>CPU</key>
        <dict>
	        <key>Turbo</key>
		<string>Yes</string>
		<key>ProcessorType</key>
		<string>0x15</strig>
		<key>CpuFrequencyMHz</key>
		<string>2800</string>
                <key>BusSpeedKHz</key>
                <string>200000</string>
                <key>QPI</key>
                <string></string>
	</dict>

If the problem persists, it may be an option to set the clock problems in this case cool n'Quiet and C1E are no longer took care of setting the CPU frequency and CPB

648035Capturedcran20131112184411.png

Edited by gils83, 12 November 2013 - 05:51 PM.

Dans1975

Dans1975

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Ok, with Bronya RC7 and a modded Myhack I have this running

on my very OLD Gateway GT5418E ... which I had originally run Leopard and Snow on...and still do...haha

Now running with Chameleon 2266, minimal boot flags...  still only using -x -npci = 2x000 and injecting the video

for the 9400GT  - I pulled all the nvidia drivers out of S/L/E.

waiting for a better kernel, but guys this is major progress.... 

Video is glitchy, no audio just yet...

Attached Files

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,172 posts

hi

can anyone here write script contains

dev > /dev/null

and make it runs with the start of system ?

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

2 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy