Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

So I'll quickly try and left more than 10 minutes!! :D

Thank you so much Bronya !!!!!!!!!

Oh Yeahhh !!!!!!!!!! 6minutes and the desktop happens :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim: :thumbsup_anim:

and 2eme reboot direct on the desktop!!!!!!!

Thanks any more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• Like 2

Hi, guys!

I'm still using the first Sinetek's with graphics fix for x86_64 compiled by Shanee: so far, so good. Also, I can sign in and out from the App Store without any issues, so I cannot confirm any of the issues related to it, at least with the kernel I use. iCloud/Facetime/iMessage don't work as expected.

All the best!

• Like 1

Ok , but i found small error in opemu . i need fix =)))

have you deleted kext in S / L / E?

Which?

Sorry for my question but how i can update ML or Lion to Mavericks ? I want to install Mavericks in other partition. I can't find any guides for AMD.

I do not think there have tutorial for mavericks on amd ...

In the last 100 pages of this topic you all the details but not together ...

I'll make you a private message to tell you a little ...

Sorry for my question but how i can update ML or Lion to Mavericks ? I want to install Mavericks in other partition. I can't find any guides for AMD.

Download Mavericks from the App Store, download MyHack, create the 10.9 USB installer with MyHack, put the latest AMD kernel at the root of the USB drive, create your new partition with DiskUtility, reboot, boot from the USB drive, install Mavericks on the correct partition, reboot again, boot to the Mountain Lion partition, copy the AMD kernel at the root of the MyHack USB drive to the Mavericks partition, reboot, boot to the Mavericks partition. 

It's not that difficult, as well as it's not that difficult to comprehend here's not the appropriate place to ask installation/post installation support. Your post will thus be deleted.

All the best!

• Like 3

Thank you, Shanee!

I think I'll look for a way to separate Mavericks' stuff from Mountain Lion's. It was not the best of the ideas to simply turn the ML dev topic into Mv dev topic after all.

@granik, your model iMac0,1 is wrong =)))

Hahahahahaah! Sorry, granik, but that was funny! :D

Thank you, Shanee!

I think I'll look for a way to separate Mavericks' stuff from Mountain Lion's. It was not the best of the ideas to simply turn the ML dev topic into Mv dev topic after all.

Hahahahahaah! Sorry, granik, but that was funny! :D

Even if this topic is closed and you make a new one for both and link the latest kernels etc in the first post.

Just to clarify. Using Andy's latest kernel think its RC7. Using Bronya's for ML with the graphics fix from Sinetek both boot with no problems on ATI and nVidia :D

Actually it's REL1 with extra PM pack...

i don't think it will be possible sadly. There are only 11 instructions in the SSE3 group so it would not be too hard, but I don't have a way of testing kernels on such a machine. depends if you folks want it ?

Would be handy for early Athlon64 cpus.

I partially implemented SSE3 emu but needs more work. ;)

• Like 2

Where could i get a kernel to test on a AMD Athlon64 x2 4000+ cpu ? also do i need to disable generation of the c and p states in chameleon for AMD ? it's my first try at installing osx on an AMD machine, i have it around and i would like to give osx a try on it too.

Geekbench sores isn't kernel testing guys...

Indeed. Posts moved!

Guys... with mavericks same process as earlier OSX? delete Intel power mgt kexts and install sleep enabler kext (ML?)...

Also Athlon64X2 3500 .... & Nvidia 9400 GT vid

Please ask this in the Help Topic, or in the OSX86 Installation forum>Mavericks>AMD. Post deleted.

does the kernel work in celeron 1007u ??

Please test it: I bet devs would love to know...

Where could i get a kernel to test on a AMD Athlon64 x2 4000+ cpu ? also do i need to disable generation of the c and p states in chameleon for AMD ? it's my first try at installing osx on an AMD machine, i have it around and i would like to give osx a try on it too.

I suggest you test every one that's being released in this thread since Sinetek squashed the artifacts bug and post the results. That way you'll help yourself, the developers and fellow Athlon X2 users.

The other questions of yours are installation support related and should be asked elsewhere.

• Like 1

i'm still having some artifacts here, mostly around the 'resize window' cursor as well as window shadows. not to mention pink icons. maybe there's a way to fix the mtrr PAT instead of bypassing it.

as an aside, i looked a bit into iCloud and got a log for the error packets.

• Like 6