Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

irc.osx86.hu appears to be back up. spakk, can you please explain what you posted? All I know is that it's GPL'ed, which is going to be a problem if we have to combine it with the APSL'ed kernel

Hi SS01,

Please read this post:

Mac OS X Internals: A Systems Approach, by Amit Singh - is this book useful in a fully free world.

Http://blogs.fsfe.org/tobias_platen/: On the following link, at the bottom

and http://www.gnustep.o...ifications.html

http://www.gnustep.o...outGNUstep.html

compatibility should be given accordingly ?

it means:

GNUstep works with GNOME, KDE, as well as many X11-based window managers. GNUstep runs on top of X11. You can still do programming in C (since Objective-C is a pure superset of C), and GCC will eventually support the mixing of C++ and Objective-C code in the SAME file. GNUstep frees you to develop cross-platform applications without the work of developing an OS independent framework from scratch. It gives you lots of functionality, including Font Panels, Unicode strings, and even Distributed Objects.

or is it not possible?

Could you give us the "xnu-7.9.2050 OS X 10.8 Lion Mountain" they you have created (Raw folder but not the mach_kernel) for users who can try to make any adjustments.

or give information what you have made changes ​​to the xnu.

thx

I found something that may be of interest. Intel instruction emulator, but idk how to use it, you need an intel cpu to use it or it says illegal instruction when doing so but this stuff may be of use...

play around with it http://software.inte...opment-emulator

I get this error message with my Laptop Intel Samsung : Pin 2:11 kit 46048

E: Missing applicationName

"

Emulate Everything Mode

• WINDOWS*: A file called sde-win.bat is provided in Windows* that runs a cmd.exe window under the control of Intel SDE. You can make a shortcut to it and place that shortcut on your desktop. Everything run from that window will be run under the control of Intel SDE, so you may experience a slow down even when you are not emulating anything. All it really does is:

path-to-kit/sde -- cmd.exe
  • OS X* or LINUX*: You can run your favorite shell under the control of Intel SDE:

path-to-kit/sde -- /bin/tcsh
    And everything you run from there will be run under the control of Intel SDE."

try that

• Like 1

It works very well. Now we need someone who should take the findings of this Intel emulator to make an AMD-Intel emulator. :wink2:

I found this site to Emulator:

http://www.compilerreimbursementprogram.com/

@spakk I haven't gotten anywhere yet, but I am still experimenting.

Good luck :wink2:

has anyone tried to read

Could someone link me CoreCrypto.kext? Despite our previous attempts, I'd like to mess around with Info.plist

CoreCrypto.kext from Mountain Lion 10.8.2 but should not cause a problem

www.workupload.com/file/4LwaC01

I just read with IDA

Spakk, is this the vanilla corecrypto.kext?

Original from Apple ML 10.8.2

@spakk not yet. I think...

<key>AppleTextHashes</key>
<dict>
<key>x86_64</key>
<data>
c105K2gkHvFz2BCXscjOm6KDUhYm0clzrDdoOMRmdX0=
</data>
</dict>

pulled from Info.plist of kext. do you think this has anything to do with what Unimatrix said about Apple encrypting their binaries?

I continue to work on kernel.

UPDATE: I changed <key>AppleKernelExternalComponent</key> and <key>AppleNeedsTEXTSegmentHash</key> from <true/> to <false/> in Info.plist. I have no Mountain Lion system, test it please. New kext: www.workupload.com/file/YF2r2hi

@spakk not yet. I think...

<key>AppleTextHashes</key>
<dict>
<key>x86_64</key>
<data>
c105K2gkHvFz2BCXscjOm6KDUhYm0clzrDdoOMRmdX0=
</data>
</dict>

pulled from Info.plist of kext. do you think this has anything to do with what Unimatrix said about Apple encrypting their binaries?

I continue to work on kernel.

UPDATE: I changed AppleKernelExternalComponent and AppleNeedsTEXTSegmentHash from to in Info.plist. I have no Mountain Lion system, test it please. New kext: www.workupload.com/file/YF2r2hi

OK, thanks for the information

We should make the focus on building the SSSE3 emu. theconnatic is working on the SSSE3 emu, but he needs support

Hi @ll, Yesterday I read the data from the Intel emulator with IDA and uploaded here. I have since deleted the download link. I have a little respect before Intel, therefore. Do you have the data, I hope, the data were downloaded and are useful?

http://bochs.sourceforge.net/

read the first paragraph and let me know, if your impressions are the same as mine. I think, that we can maybe get kernel to boot with this. However, IA-64 does not emulate well. It would likely be very slow.

see here -> #185

unfortunately I'm not a programmer (1. Many roads lead to Rome, 2. Where there's a will, there's a way) ,

I would have the skills, then I would have certainly tried. I think of a patch file that accesses the boot on Bochs emulator to activate the emulator.

But any external access slows down the process considerably, which should not be underestimated

sorry spakk! I completely missed that post. D:

No Problem :-) downloade the last Mac version, and then see exactly the folder exactly, there are some codes, maybe you can install it directly into the kernel

>>

All source code is written in C + +

I find, however, no SSSE3 emu and no Phenom X6, which should be supplemented