Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

It's worth noting that cc_fips_test depends on /usr/lib/system/libcorecrypto.dylib.

Perhaps at least one of these can be disassembled and patched to return some value that appeases the boot process. On this I will defer to the programmers following this thread.

:thumbsup_anim: Hi guys, now my corocrypt.kext file under S / L / E.

Yesterday I installed on the other partition ML 10.8.2 and then the installation installed in S / L / E the corocrypt.kext file.

Then I have copied the file on my ML 10.8 partition, done. :thumbsup_anim:

Exactly the same thing. Seems to freeze at the mig_table_max_displ part. Tried limiting the RAM to 2GB and 4GB still the same.

At the very least, I would restore corecrypto to its original location and continue testing. Boot will halt if the kext has been modified or (ostensibly) missing.

At the very least, I would restore corecrypto to its original location and continue testing. Boot will halt if the kext has been modified or (ostensibly) missing.

Here is it with corecyrtpo back and the bootflags you posted.

IMG_0038.JPG

We will not move forward with the current kernel. The current kernel stops at all in the same place.

We need to be patient a few days until theconnatic for us makes a new kernel. Which, I hope it will work. :wink2:

We will not move forward with the current kernel. The current kernel stops at all in the same place.

We need to be patient a few days until theconnatic for us makes a new kernel. Which, I hope it will work. :wink2:

We can only hope it will.

Can you repost a wider shot of that screen? There's output before the freeze I don't see on my machine.

If I make it wider you can't read it. I'm using iPod to take the pictures. Its all about the corecrypto.

We can only hope it will.

If I make it wider you can't read it. I'm using iPod to take the pictures. Its all about the corecrypto.

take a picture over the entire width of the kernel panic. we can then enlarge it.

Maybe we should start working on a kernel ourselves.. the connactic has not posted in a long time, maybe he's left the project

If I knew the first thing about coding a kernel I would spent my free time working on this. If some would like to point me in the right direction etc I will take a look and see what ai can learn about.

Maybe we should start working on a kernel ourselves.. the connactic has not posted in a long time, maybe he's left the project

Not yet. Remember i do it in my free time, and i have two more hacks to take care of. In fact, i came to the conclusion we're not going to advance much without a ssse3 emulator. I'm on it, but remember also that i'm learning assembly language from scratch, so it will take time.

It would be great if someone steps in and improve the kernels i already posted. Anyone with programing skills can play with my diffs so we can see what happens. :)

If I knew the first thing about coding a kernel I would spent my free time working on this. If some would like to point me in the right direction etc I will take a look and see what ai can learn about.

Great, that's the spirit. When i started this i had little C and zero assembly knowledge. Now i'm comfortable with C and learning assembly, and did make some progress with my basic knowledge. The more people to work on it, the better our chances of success. There are plenty of free material on internet about C and asm programming: google is your friend. :)

Great, that's the spirit. When i started this i had little C and zero assembly knowledge. Now i'm comfortable with C and learning assembly, and did make some progress with my basic knowledge. The more people to work on it, the better our chances of success. There are plenty of free material on internet about C and asm programming: google is your friend. :)

I have no knowledge of either but I am willing to try my best to help out here. I will take a leap into google and see what I can learn :)

@theconnactic here is a link which I think you may find valuable in the learning of assembly:

http://tuts4you.com/...oad.php?list.17

You will get some very good experience using a debugger and Lena's tutorials can take you from zero to hero in a day or two.

very good and useful site, thanks for the tip

Not yet. Remember i do it in my free time, and i have two more hacks to take care of. In fact, i came to the conclusion we're not going to advance much without a ssse3 emulator. I'm on it, but remember also that i'm learning assembly language from scratch, so it will take time.

Ah, there you are! Sorry if I made it sound like you weren't doing enough work, lol. I just thought maybe you'd switched to Intel like so many other AMD'ers do :P

irc.osx86.hu appears to be back up. spakk, can you please explain what you posted? All I know is that it's GPL'ed, which is going to be a problem if we have to combine it with the APSL'ed kernel