Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

This was with Andy's sorry, didn't see you'd posted one too I have not tried yours..

My cpu is Phenom II B50

I'll test it and let you know

ATI users: remember that HDMI audio under Mavericks doesn't need a working AppleHDA, but a proper DSDT edit instead, and GE=No (and perhaps also PCIRootUID=0). If it's not working for you, don't blame the kernel. I have HDMI audio here using the very first of Andy's successful kernels for 10.9.

All the best!

• Like 1

Bronya, with your kernel rc4 I get black screen no boot.. :(

Just to be clear.. I have been running Andy's kernel

ATI users: remember that HDMI audio under Mavericks doesn't need a working AppleHDA, but a proper DSDT edit instead, and GE=No (and perhaps also PCIRootUID=0). If it's not working for you, don't blame the kernel. I have HDMI audio here using the very first of Andy's successful kernels for 10.9.

All the best!

Hi ! On what cpu processor with "first of Andy's successful kernels for 10.9" ? :D

Bronya, with your kernel rc4 I get black screen no boot.. :(

Just to be clear.. I have been running Andy's kernel

Omg , you try flag fsb=200 :)

• Like 1

Has anyone figured out the thing w/ NVIDIA on Mavericks? I know its a major bug, but if I delete GeForceGA.plugin and GeForceGLDriver.bundle from S/L/E like i do in ML, I can get to the login screen without -x, but the login screen freezes instantly. Not trying to be annoying, just asking.

Omg , you try flag fsb=200 :)

Derp... yeah all good Bronya.. 

Mac-Pro.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: vr  1 nov 2013 18:44:17 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v2.0.0:xnu-2422.1.72-AMD/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Derp... yeah all good Bronya.. 

Mac-Pro.local 13.0.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.0.0: vr  1 nov 2013 18:44:17 CET; SinetekBronzovkAnVoodoo v2.0.0:xnu-2422.1.72-AMD/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

is working boot with flag fsb=200 with my kernel rc4 ? )

Yes..it works.. :)

I'm gonna keep testing yours for now.

It froze when I was going to post here in 10.9...  no KP img however... just froze

( i have removed IntelCPUM et al.) so I don't think its that.

• Like 1

Off topic: as a side note, I must congratulate Andy, Sinetek and Bronzovka and, ultimately, we all who participate of kernel testing and development. To get a working kernel in less than two weeks from the official OS release is a great accomplishment, that's reminiscent from the "golden age" of OSX86, when hackers like Netkas, Modbin and Maxxus would quick get the work done. Since the "dismantling" of the Voodoo team, in later Snow Leo days, it seemed that those effervescent low-level development days were gone, and when Nawcom ditched Lion kernel development (he had his reasons, but anyway, and he was the only one still working on it those days) it really looked like OSX86 with AMD machines was doomed. Well, it wasn't :)

All the best!

• Like 5

Yes..it works.. :)

I'm gonna keep testing yours for now.

It froze when I was going to post here in 10.9...  no KP img however... just froze

( i have removed IntelCPUM et al.) so I don't think its that.

Then my problem - it is tsc.c =)

soon rc5 =) .

• Like 1

AnV kernel + Clover

at the top is not visible: Slow TSC rtc.nanotime.shift == 1

Not the fault of the kernel.

DSDT or AppleACPIPlatform issue.

Maybe Clover autopatcher that faults?

Hi AMD friends, Now after a week on business trip, I am very positively surprised by the superior progress! Great job guys! :thumbsup_anim:  Now my question to you which kernel is for my Phenom II X6? Requesting information :wink_anim: , thank you in advance

Ok here was one I got with Bronya's

1101131708.jpg

Yep, definitely mine

@Bronzovka: is yours a secure kernel (SECURE_KERNEL) or not? Just curious...

Much, much faster booting with Andy's 10.9 rc4 kernel.

I've got KP with Bronya's 10.9 rc4 kernel :(

attachicon.gif01112013026.jpg

Much, much faster booting with Andy's 10.9 rc4 kernel.

I've got KP with Bronya's 10.9 rc4 kernel :(

attachicon.gif01112013026.jpg

It's something in cpu_topology_sort

namely following instruction caused trap:

movq 0x1b8(%r12,%rax,8), %rbx

Odd it should crash there...