Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

For me

Please try two kernels_rc3 with opemu_sinetek and my_opemu_with_anv on FX and OLD cpus  !

Flag -cpufamily deleted !

I modified cpuid.c and working !

in terminal now show  :

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2013-10-30 в 0.58.41.png

attachicon.gifmach_10.9_rc3_my_opemu.zip

attachicon.gifmach_10.9_rc3_sinetek_opemu.zip

sineteck opemu foctionne presque pour moi il me fait arriver a l'ecran gris avec la souris qui fonctionne et ensuite une fenetre en fond blanc s'ouvre avec plein de truc ecrit et puis ecran noir avec encor plein de truc ecrit... tout en bas il y avait CPU halted... ;)

Le pc s'eteind carrement apres...

Sorry... Translate:

sineteck opemu foctionne almost for me it makes me get a gray screen with the mouse works and then a window opens in white background with lots of stuff written and then black screen with lots of stuff written encor ... at the bottom there was halted CPU ... ;)

Pc turns off after ...

Edited by Skunk.34
  • Like 1

For me

sineteck opemu foctionne presque pour moi il me fait arriver a l'ecran gris avec la souris qui fonctionne et ensuite une fenetre en fond blanc s'ouvre avec plein de truc ecrit et puis ecran noir avec encor plein de truc ecrit... tout en bas il y avait CPU halted... ;)

Le pc s'eteind carrement apres...

Please translate your posts to ENG so we could follow...

• Like 1

Please try two kernels_rc3 with opemu_sinetek and my_opemu_with_anv on FX and OLD cpus  !

Flag -cpufamily deleted !

I modified cpuid.c and working !

in terminal now show  :

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2013-10-30 в 0.58.41.png

attachicon.gifmach_10.9_rc3_my_opemu.zip

Instant reboot with both kernels on Athlon II X2 215

Has the bus ratio detection been added for older CPUs? Looking at older diffs from ML its the only part I can see which mentions the older ones. 

eg,

case BUSRATIO_ATHLON:
 		/* Athlons specify the bus ratio directly in an MSR using a simple formula */
 			prfsts		= rdmsr64(AMD_PERF_STS);
 			tscGranularity  = 4 + bitfield(prfsts, 5, 1);
 			N_by_2_bus_ratio= prfsts & bit(0); /* FIXME: This is experimental! */
 		break;

I'm just curious.

opemu_sinetek GraphicsEnabler=No USBBusFix=YES -v -f  (Chameleon v2.2, gonna try other boot loaders for testing now)

Almost everything works, except ATI glitches, but they are almost at minimum. QE/CI works.
May be I don't understand smth, but how can QE/CI work without GE and specifying a frame buffer?
Sinetek, what did you change to minimize the glitches? Do you and bronya have any CVS shared so we could follow your commits and take a part? I would love to contribute :)

• Like 3

Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD5

AMD FX-8350

Gigabyte GV-R785OC-2GD HD7850

8Gb DDR3

kernel_10.9_rc3 of both Bronya and Sinetek boots into 10.9 DP1 with GE=No

Black screen after kext loading with GE=Yes AtiConfig=Chutoro (ATI7000Controller.kext and AMDRadeonX4000.kext added with 0x68191002)

boot with -v show that AMDRadeonX4000.kext failed to load due to library dependency, IOGraphicsFamily.kext not found

IMG_20131030_104359.jpg

IMG_20131030_102701.jpg

Could we do something similar to "nomodeset" in linux?

nomodeset
The newest kernels have moved the video mode setting into the kernel. So all the programming of the hardware specific clock rates and registers on the video card happen in the kernel rather than in the X driver when the X server starts.. This makes it possible to have high resolution nice looking splash (boot) screens and flicker free transitions from boot splash to login screen. Unfortunately, on some cards this doesnt work properly and you end up with a black screen. Adding the nomodeset parameter instructs the kernel to not load video drivers and use BIOS modes instead until X is loaded.

Note that this option is sometimes needed for nVidia cards when using the default "nouveau" drivers. Installing proprietary nvidia drivers usually makes this option no longer necessary, so it may not be needed to make this option permanent, just for one boot until you installed the nvidia drivers.

For those having kexts not loaded...

EDIT: For other Coders: The kernel code signing is present in kern_cs.c and is used in some other places...

Regenerate kernelcache and boot with Chameleon / Clover WITH kernel cache.

It will work then.

The problem is that it is unable to resolve some libraries when using /S/L/E.

When all have been included in the kernel cache, that problem isn't present anymore...

I also figured out the problem with hw.cpufamily, I need some time to revise the code.

I'm also working on kext signing bypass and Apple blacklist removal (yes, Apple has a blacklist hidden in the kernel, but it is simple to bypass...)

Hang tight... ;)

• Like 5

@Bronzovka + @Sinetek: I found something out.

I have an idea to get the opemu going.

If the problem is due to the secure kernel, the other unsecured code is still in place.

You need to exclude SECURE_KERNEL from the MASTER files in order to build a non-secured (not totally locked down) kernel.

It should work that way...

Just a thought... this needs testing...

• Like 3

http://youtu.be/QOwmm40eTEY

sorry... I do not know how to display the preview in the post ... :(

It is video - maverick on your cpu processor  AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition ?

AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition  - it is PHENOM AMD without SSSE3 !

Then kernel working on phenom II :)

If after GUI  - reboot and shutdown - you need modified osxinstall.mpkg =)

I try fix kernel for "panic" =)

• Like 1

It is video - maverick on your cpu processor  AMD Phenom ii x4 965 Black Edition ?

It has an L3 Cache though. That is what was needed to ML and Lion if I remember correctly. My Athlon doesn't have the L3 cache.

• Like 1

yes it is on my AMD Phenom II x4 965 B.E.

I'll make test in a few hours because I think they forgot the "RemovedExtensions" folder in "Extra" ...

In this case I put:

ApplePolicyControl.kext

AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

I do not know if it is necessary to specify ...

Traduction:

oui c'est bien sur mon AMD Phenom II x4 965 B.E.

Je vais faire des test dans quelques heures car je pense avoir oublié le dossier "RemovedExtensions" dans "Extra"...

Dans ce dossier je met:

ApplePolicyControl.kext

AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

AppleUpstreamUserClient.kext

Je ne sais pas si c'est nécessaire de spécifier...

• Like 1

Hang on guys, I'm currently testing my new kernel...

It should work as I've done the PENRYN cpufamily fix for AMD cpus (no flags required)...

I disabled kernel code signing enforcement and I've disabled the SECURE_KERNEL option...

First test on my Intel rig, if that works, upload for test ;)

And yes, diff too... :D

• Like 6