Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6104 replies to this topic

carlo_67

carlo_67

InsanelyMac Deity

• Local Moderators
  • 1,897 posts
I can try with the Phenom processor?

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
No success with my Phenom II X4 820, gives kernel panic with rc2! I will test now with rc3.

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts

:)

KP on Phenom :(

what panic ? where picture ?

One man tested kernel rc2 or rc3 on processor AMD Phenom II X4 955 and working ...

dkechoi

dkechoi

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 65 posts
I tested a ML83 rc3 kernel with the lateat chameleon (arch=x86_64 -f -v) in VB using iMac13.
All KP unless taking out AppleEFI kext and putting Andy's corecrypto kext.
But, a graphics is bad and mouse is so slow after 10 to 20 min.
I notice that andy's and rc3 kernels are almost same during booting,
but, rc3 fails for "FIPS USER space".. Here is photos;
Attached File  ml84_rc3_boot.png   155.75KB   49 downloads
Attached File  ml84_andy_boot.png   154.08KB   45 downloads

Edit:
Login screen is OK even after long time.
Problem after logined (bad background).

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Bronya, kernel panic (RC3) with my Phenom II X4 820:

Posted Image

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts

Bronya, kernel panic (RC3) with my Phenom II X4 820:

Yes !
Please you write flag -v and show picture !
You should used corecrypto.kext from AnV and old bootloader !!!

Attached File  corecrypto.kext_AnV.zip   114.92KB   79 downloads

I added blocked is Efiruntime in kernel and recompiled to rc4 for only phenoms and old processors !
It is rc4 !
Attached File  mach_kernel_phenoms_old_10_8_3_with_blocked_Efiruntime.zip   3.1MB   87 downloads

Mohamed Khairy

Mohamed Khairy

InsanelyMac Deity

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,142 posts
@ bronya
had you black listed appleintelpowermanagment.kext ?
as there is panic after Minutes from log in

Attached File  Screen Shot 2013-05-18 at 1.42.01 PM.png   702.04KB   37 downloads

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts
hello gils83, you tryed rc4 ? :)

JorgeMax

JorgeMax

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 255 posts
Bronya, successfully loading the kernel rc4 and corecrypto.kext ANV, but see the pictures:

Mesa, But after I corrected the monitor settings by adjusting the RGB color type.
Posted Image

Chome: in Youtube.

Posted Image

Notifications:

Posted Image

Launchpad:

Posted Image

Guys, sorry for the huge photo. I do not know to post them on the small size. :wallbash:

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts
On intel video card on pci-e - driver with compatible only 0x....8086 , on amd 0x....1022 ! :(

Maybe i close project for kernel .

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,820 posts

On intel video card on pci-e - driver with compatible only 0x....8086 , on amd 0x....1022 ! :(

Could you elaborate, please?

Adrian Andréas

Adrian Andréas

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts
Posted Image

In my case, until removing kext ati6000controller.o rc4 kernel problem in the video.
phenom x6

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Just as a note. I've patched my sata device in DSDT and it's now reported as an Intel one, but i don't know if we can do the same for the other devices. My blame goes all to the chipset, i don't know for sure but i think this is what mess with things, what is interesting is that this only happen in 64bits mode. I have another board with Via chipset wich i can run an old Pentium but i've no time to do it. Also this is not AMD related since users with nForce chipsets experienced the same problems. I don't understand too much of kernel development but i would definitely take a look at the part that talks with the chipset if i was a kernel developer.

Screenshots:

System Information | System Info App | IORegistryExplorer | DSDT Editor

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Just as a note. I've patched my sata device in DSDT and it's now reported as an Intel one, but i don't know if we can do the same for the other devices. My blame goes all to the chipset, i don't know for sure but i think this is what mess with things, what is interesting is that this only happen in 64bits mode. I have another board with Via chipset wich i can run an old Pentium but i've no time to do it. Also this is not AMD related since users with nForce chipsets experienced the same problems. I don't understand too much of kernel development but i would definitely take a look at the part that talks with the chipset if i was a kernel developer.

Screenshots:

System Information | System Info App | IORegistryExplorer | DSDT Editor

It will be very interesting

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts

hello Bronya ,

tu penses que ça est la cause de tout nos maux ?

you think it is the cause of all our ills?

hello theconnactic and gils83 ! I think yes , because IOPCIFamily.kext is support only intel . PCI Express port and PCI BRidge - 8086 .
On Lion ATY_Init.kext or other inject kext working on Lion ! And in IORegistryExplorer shows how ATY,Vervet ! Correct !
If on Mountain Lion , in IORegistry Explorer show how ATY_ATY,RadeonFrameBuffer . No correct !
AMDRadeonAccelerator.kext is secret key for video card .

But i think that it is no correct ATY_Init.kext for 64 bit !

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Success! Guys i've got the Mountain Lion to work on my old Pentium 4 631 on the GA-VM900M Board, it was a rassle to solve the problem with its non-AHCI "sata" but ML is there up and running. I'll do some DSDT optimizations and will sleep a while, later i'll swipe the card from my AMD desktop and we'll see the results. Also, it's running with latest AnV kernel, the latest builds from Bronya was giving me instant reboots.

Posted Image

Edited by +ira, 20 May 2013 - 05:17 AM.

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Well guys, i'll just put the screenshot. Later i'll update this post with more info. Thanks for those who supported this test. I really hope that this helps the devs.

Processor: Pentium 4 631.
Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-VM900M 2.0.
Ram: 2x1Gb Kingston.
HDD: 160Gb Samsung.
Kernel: latest AnV kernel.
OS X: 10.8.3.
Graphics: Stock + Cuda.
Custom Kexts: AppleRTC, SuperVIAATA (AnV Version but needed to add IDs), ViaRhine.
Flags: GraphicsEnabler=Yes PCIRootUID=1 npci=0x2000
SMBios: MacPro 3,1.
Chameleon: v2.2 r2187.
Modules: FileNVRAM, Keylayout, Resolution
DSDT: None yet.

Posted Image

So now we know that an intel chipset is not required to make graphics work properly, what's next? If you guys need some other info that can help like a kextstat or something just ask me then i'll provide asap. Thank you guys. :rolleyes:

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 874 posts
Interesting ! :)

I think maybe problem GraphicsEnabler on AMD =))))

+ira

+ira

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 156 posts
Well, i can not say you're wrong. I've patched my card in to my DSDT and it worked well in Lion, in Mountain Lion i did'n noticed any difference the behavior of the system was the same BUT i used a dump from Chameleon GraphicsEnabler to create the patch so this is why i can not say you're wrong. I'll make a dump from GraphicsEnabler and compare. Also we need to have in mind that it is something related to 64bits arch.

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Members
  • 1,728 posts

Well, i can not say you're wrong. I've patched my card in to my DSDT and it worked well in Lion, in Mountain Lion i did'n noticed any difference the behavior of the system was the same BUT i used a dump from Chameleon GraphicsEnabler to create the patch so this is why i can not say you're wrong. I'll make a dump from GraphicsEnabler and compare. Also we need to have in mind that it is something related to 64bits arch.

install the OpenGL Extensions Viewer and see if the video memory = 0 MB appears for your graphics card or the actual video memory size is displayed and upload here the Pic, please

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

5 user(s) are reading this topic

1 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy