Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

After reading back a 100 or so pages this seems to be the kernel that solved the Kernel is LP64 error on all AMD CPUs,

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/281450-mavericks-kernel-testing-on-amd-formerly-mountain-lion-kernel-testing-on-amd/page-59?do=findComment&comment=1876994

Don't know if it will jog your memory on how to sort it or not :)

:(

si'l vous plait un coup de main pour ceux qui savent , j'arrive quasiment sur le bureau (flag -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No) puis KP :(

j'ai croisé les versions kext AppleMatch et Sandbox ( M DP7 et ML 12F37) y comprit les version lib Sandbox + alias et Match + alias .

c'est pénible ses protections   :(

Please worst driving a helping hand to those who know, I get almost on the desktop (flag-v-f GraphicsEnabler = No) and KP (

I ran kext versions AppleMatch and Sandbox (M and ML DP7 12F37) are understood the lib version Sandbox + alias and  Match + alias .

it is painful its protections

Hi Gils, take a fresh Sandbox.kext from Mavericks and reboot the system and checke how the system behaves

installiere das sandbox.kext in S/L/E und boote das System erneuert hoch und checke wie sich das System verhält

:(

si'l vous plait un coup de main pour ceux qui savent , j'arrive quasiment sur le bureau (flag -v -f GraphicsEnabler=No) puis KP :(

j'ai croisé les versions kext AppleMatch et Sandbox ( M DP7 et ML 12F37) y comprit les version lib Sandbox + alias et Match + alias .

c'est pénible ses protections   :(

Please worst driving a helping hand to those who know, I get almost on the desktop (flag-v-f GraphicsEnabler = No) and KP (

I ran kext versions AppleMatch and Sandbox (M and ML DP7 12F37) are understood the lib version Sandbox + alias and  Match + alias .

it is painful its protections

Hi Gils, take a fresh Sandbox.kext from Mavericks and reboot the system and checke how the system behaves

installiere sandbox.kext in S/L/E und boote das System erneuert hoch und checke wie sich das System verhält

Edit:

ups, it is very difficult as I had imagined. I think it will change anything / improve. I just read this post, it is very complicated to understand all hang together for me. :(

klick

ups, es ist doch sehr kompliziert wie ich es mir vorgestellt habe, Ich denke das es nichts verändern/ verbessern wird.

Ich lese soeben diesen Beitrag, es ist für mich sehr kompliziert alle zusammenhänge zu verstehen. :(

Edited by spakk

@shane  thanks for testing, that's a massive improvement from not having any idea

just to be clear, you're saying the patched one doesn't boot, whereas the vanilla one does?

if so, it may be a vendor string dereference  .. maybe I got fed up with {censored} and patched in a jump instruction to skip {censored}, so it does NULL->sth and page faults.

pretty sure there's CPUID function 0 checks in the libs now as well.

@gilles    tu peux m'avoir ça avec un keepsyms=1  ? 

• Like 1

@shane  thanks for testing, that's a massive improvement from not having any idea

just to be clear, you're saying the patched one doesn't boot, whereas the vanilla one does?

if so, it may be a vendor string dereference  .. maybe I got fed up with {censored} and patched in a jump instruction to skip {censored}, so it does NULL->sth and page faults.

pretty sure there's CPUID function 0 checks in the libs now as well.

@gilles    tu peux m'avoir ça avec un keepsyms=1  ? 

Yea the patched one will either instant reboot or hang on plain back screen after loading the kexts but I can install and use it with the vanilla kenrel.

yes it's a flag. i need it to understand the stack trace. could also try removing the password on login altogether and see what happens

could someone boot into -s  with an AMD and tell me the result of 

sysctl hw

?

that would help thx!

heres a tip, you can send the output of a command to a file like this:

sysctl hw > /out.txt

and then paste the out.txt here

oui c'est un bon point, j'ai désactivé SSSE3 par habitude pour mon Phenom 965.

le SSE4_x est en ordre. sinon le cache est incorrect, mais ça devrait rouler.

donc. SSSE3...

translation of above:  

yeah that's a good point; i've disabled SSSE3 out of habit because i had a Phenom.

SSE4_x all seems fine.   cache size is incorrect. should still run.

so it sounds like SSSE3 is the culprit now.

-- 

would be nice to be able to write to the hw.*  sysctl settings.. we could do all that detection with a simple program during boot instead of kernel.

oui ben.. pas vraiment parceque ML avait le support pour le 4.2 (en fait c'était pas 4.2 mais une routine qui utilisait le sse2, probablement que apple avait pas encore fini ça et avait décidé de se concentrer sur ssse3 a la place.) avec MV c'est enlevé je crois, donc il faut "absolument" ssse3 

I see the Mavericks GM is available. Would there be any changes in the kernel that may help out at all?

Yes next public release after a keynote I think and then the sources.

I can hardly wait to see what's changed.

I'm probably installing Mavericks GM tomorrow.

Gils, essayer avec grep? Parfois la recherche de Finder et brisé un peu:

cd a le directoire, et 

ls -a | grep out

Ca peut trouvé plus de chose :)

Edited by theconnactic
Please, folks! English! There are people who might as well follow the conversation! :D All the best!

:)

je l'ai eu la bestiole !!! ahahahahah !! le noyau 13.0 est vraiment en bonne voie !!!   :thumbsup_anim: il fonctionne sur 12F37 (10.8.5)

il y a des bugs sévères , c'est normal , la carte graphique n'existe même pas , mais je reste confiant !! 

champion du monde Sinetek et Bronya !!!   :thumbsup_anim:  :thumbsup_anim:

How did you get it to boot ML?