Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Yeah, that's the same behavior of the vanilla 10.9 kernel + Chameleon's kernel patcher on my Atom netbook. It hangs after mounting the root device. This similarity is not deprived of  some significance. I wonder if Apple didn't developed a more sofisticate way to protect their binaries after all...

yes sir !! :)

c'est ton noyau modifié par Bronya  sur AMD avec Maveriks DP7 de mon PC Intel :)  tu touches au but , le lauchnd bug mais je trouves curieux que l'audio démarre , j'entends des pocs dans mes haut parleur , tout reste actif sans KP 

je suis bien sur ma configue AMD et non untel ;)

clap.gif

Et puis comment roule mon kernel sans les modifications de Bronya? J'ai aucune idée ce que Bronya a modifié.

Pour ce qui est du reste, il reste a modifier le kernel un peu plus. ou bien le dylib système. Pour rajouter la fonctionnalité du  -nossse3

• Like 1

would be cool to have an open source version of that core crypto kext. i know it's possible as i went over most of that when back porting the kernel for  the Mountain Lion DP1. ill look into it.

for the rest, i'm holding any further comments for now.

• Like 1

stops here

attachicon.gif17092013273.jpg

Hi Mohamed,

did I understood you correctly?

you have use the patched anv_corecrypto.kext from Mountain Lion to  /Extra/Extensions/ and the patched anv_corecrypto.dylib to /usr/lib/

what have you done with the original Mavericks apple corecrypto.kext? removed or left in S/L/E?

Edited by spakk

Hi Mohamed,

did I understood you correctly?

you have use the patched anv_corecrypto.kext from Mountain Lion to  /Extra/Extensions/ and the patched anv_corecrypto.dylib to /usr/lib/

what have you done with the original Mavericks apple corecrypto.kext? removed or left in S/L/E?

just used patched kext for mountain lion on extra only

the only kext removed till now from s/l/e  --> appleintelpowermanagment.kext

• Like 1

@Mohammed Khairy, you installed with MyHack? If not, the patched kext needs to go in /System/Library/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions on a non-myHack install stopped working in Snow Leopard. Also, remove the unpatched corecrypto

• Like 1

@Mohammed Khairy, you installed with MyHack? If not, the patched kext needs to go in /System/Library/Extensions, /Extra/Extensions on a non-myHack install stopped working in Snow Leopard. Also, remove the unpatched corecrypto

i do installer like i do for my notebook manually 

restore dmg to usb flash memory 

install latest bootloader

put my extra with mine boot.plist & smbios.plist & extensions (voodoohda for mine codec , fakesmc , RealtekR1000SL ,GenericUSBXHCI , AppleATIATA sometimes need it )

put patched kernel

this is my method for installation from snow to mountain and works fine  also will work with 10.9

for kernel needs patch corecrypto  use anv_corecrypto.kext on extra as normal

about not loading  kext that is on extra i think latest chameleon  bootloader also clover  can load any kext on extra  not matter of my hack

but use UseKernelCache=No for chameleon  

and use   ignore caches inject kexts for clover 

just used patched kext for mountain lion on extra only

the only kext removed till now from s/l/e  --> appleintelpowermanagment.kext

thx for answer, I agree to ss01, I think that the original corecrypt.kext and appleintelpowermanagment.kext (in backlisted) must be removed

hey people, did you forget the decryption kext? FakeSMC or such.. ?

I dont see DMOS!

Maybe Single user mode?

-----------------------------------

Need to patch dyld and .dylibs. fun fun.

maybe we could bring back the opemu in the form of a kext. some dynamic linking voodoo would be needed for that.hmm.

... or not even. bypass IDT entry 6 upon kext entry. we'll do that last resort