Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

mach_rc9_10.8.3_fix works well. Boots fast and there are less glitches in the system which make it useable. Text edit crashes on open as does the OpenGL Extension Viewer. Apart from that great work Bronya.

Sorry , no . It is hard code. 

I can did kernel for 10.7.4 . 

Problem only opemu ...

Hi ! I see yours pictures ,you used kernel_no_fix , you should download  and use kernel_fix ! 

Hi Bronzovka, the last test was done with kernel-fix, see the latest pictures

I do the test again and report later

which boot flag should I to do enter your opinion?

Hi Bronzovka, the last test was done with kernel-fix, see the latest pictures

I do the test again and report later

no, you see in picture date create - 23hours 29minute 47second. <-- it is no fix_kernel . 

Should date create kernel 0 hours 42 minutes <-- it is fix_kernel !!! 

no, you see in picture date create - 23hours 29minute 47second.

Should date create kernel 0 hours 42 minutes

Ok!

I do again and report later

here the result,

or should I remove all Nividia Graphics driver ?

k-IMG_6215.JPG

k-IMG_6216.JPG

k-IMG_6217.JPG

k-IMG_6218.JPG

Please help! Can I run Mountain Lion with kernel from this thread on my configuration:

OS - Mac OS X Lion 10.7.5

CPU - DualCore AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+, 2200 MHz

MB - Asus M2N-E (nVIDIA nForce 570 SLI, AMD Hammer)

RAM - 2 x 512M DDR2 667 MHz + 2 x 1024Mb DDR2 800 MHz

VIDEO - nVidia GeForce 7600GT 256Mb 

HDD - 1Tb Hitachi HDS721010CLA + 320Gb WDC WD32 00AAKS-00SBA

ODD - HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GH22LS50

SOUND - Analog Devices AD1988B

LAN - Gigabit Ethernet Realtek RTL8111C

WiFi - Airport Extreme Atheros AR5BXB112

my graphic card support only 32bit!!

Not sure why we have to keep telling people, but please don't post questions related to installing OS X in the development thread!  We have this thread for that: http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/.

Thank you!

• Like 3

hello, who can help?

i´m from germany, my english is very bad! Sorry, but I try it

my Hardware:

Samsung Serie 5 NP535U4C - S02DE

CPU AMD A6-4455M APU

Ram 8GB

Grafik AMD HD 7550M 1GB DDR 3

i have ML 10.8.3 installed with uni beast or myhack! installation was completed! with boot flags -v -f

after installation come the problems! i have boot with USB my os x partition! my notebook starts new, during the boot process without kernel Panic!

the last pic ago newstart

i believe it is the kernel with problems!

can someone tell me, how exactly do I the new kernel from the first page insets?

what is the .diff file?

you'll have better luck here:

http://www.insanelymac.com/forum/topic/285760-help-topic-further-help-in-chatosx86hulegacykernel-irc/

• Like 1

I just deleted two posts asking support in this topic. As discussed here ad nauseam, this is a development and testing topic. Asking support for installation and post installation here is particularly inexcusable, because there's a big capitalized warning in the topic's title, as well as directions to where the support should be asked for. In the past, i'd simply move the posts to the correct location, but given what i explained above, i'm deleting any inappropriate posts without warning from now on. Thank you SS01 and burkett375 for trying to deal kindly with the situation. People that want to start a difficult project as hard as AMD hackintoshing, specially with current OS versions, should first learn to read and contextualize themselves.

All the best!

• Like 6

Many, many, and many thanks for this! 
I got working now the 10.8.4 ML on my pc Asrock N68C-S UCC (AppleNForceAta) after 5 months trying :'(
Share my screenshoots with everybody. 

And really happy because i got Adobe CC working! As you can see below 

y2zdbM4.png

Vvi5jt1.png

oHFFVXn.jpg

DBHLwU7.png

MYZrXpw.png

2ymDu4k.png

VD3eeWR.png

Y798Ab3.jpg

rfqjfXm.png

For all this, working with Anv's Kernel & Bronya Kernel

BUT my boot is VERY SLOW!!! took 1:45 minutes on a SSD Corsair Force GT. I think that the problem is AppleNForceAta

• Like 2

jtsanborn, I see that your PC has no problems with the graphics! is it because of the same chipset from AMD that causes problems in the charts? since the controller PCI-Express 16x is borne by the chipset so these problems in the charts?

Hi Bronya,

FYI,

With your latest mach_kernel_rc9_fix, sucessfully booted on 10.8.4 with FX8350, no kp, but HD7850 still with graphic glitches.

Do i need the patched core_crypto.kext ?

Cheers

it is very intersting to know what basic adjustments are required to enable a successful start with bronzovkas current kernel. I am convinced that the kernel is very good, unfortunately I have not been able to achieve successful start with the current bronzovkas kernel. thx

Edit:

I have tested the kernel with ML10.8.2, ML10.8.3 and ML10.8.4 with my hardware configuration so far had no success yet

Edited by spakk

C'est possible.. les vieux noyau de Voodoo/Nawcom pour 10.5.x sons été construit avec un emulateur SSE2, mais peut-etre ca marche seulment sur i386... intéressant.

It's possible.. the old kernels of Voodoo/Nawcom has SSE2 emulation built into them, but maybe it works only in i386.. interesting.

C'est possible.. les vieux noyau de Voodoo/Nawcom pour 10.5.x sons été construit avec un emulateur SSE2, mais peut-etre ca marche seulment sur i386... intéressant.

It's possible.. the old kernels of Voodoo/Nawcom has SSE2 emulation built into them, but maybe it works only in i386.. interesting.

Le emulateur SSE2 fonctionne seulement en i386 en cas de pas de SSE2 sur le cpu.

The SSE2 emulator only works when the cpu has no SSE2 and only works in i386

• Like 1

C'est tu possible que l'emulateur ne fonctionne pas sur les noyau de 10.8.x quand meme? On aurait besoin de faire installer avec noyau de Andy ou Bronya ML sur un CPU sans SSE2, voire si l'emulateur marche..

Is it possible that the emulator doesn't work on the 10.8 kernels anyway? We would need to install ML using the Andy or Bronya kernels on an SSE2-less CPU, see if the emulator works..

Возможно ли, что не работает эмулятор на 10,8 ядра так или иначе? Нам необходимо установить мл с использованием Энди или Броне ядра на SSE2-меньше ресурсов центрального процессора, видеть, если эмулятор работает ..

un CPU sans SSE2 64 bit , cela n'existe pas :(

a CPU without SSE2 64 bit, it does not exist  :(

C'est frai, toute CPU 64 bit, avons SSE2. des CPU 32 bit, marche avec 10.7 quand meme. c'est un paradoxe, je pense le probleme n'est pas ici :(

It's true, all 64 bit CPU, have SSE2. 32 bit CPUs, work with Lion anyway. it's a paradox, I think the problem is somewhere else :(

je pense que oui car les cpu intel sont capable sse2 64 bit et AMD non , dans ce cas AMD va vers MMX pour compenser ce problème .

I think so because the intel cpu are able sse2 64 bit AMD and not in this case AMD will MMX to compensate for this problem.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE2

http://gcc.gnu.org/onlinedocs/gcc/i386-and-x86_002d64-Options.html

Il faudrait ajouter un emulateur SSE2 capable a 64 bit... Quelqu'un a une idée? :(

We'd need to add a 64-bit capable SSE2 emulator.. Anyone have an idea? :(

Il faudrait ajouter un emulateur SSE2 capable a 64 bit... Quelqu'un a une idée? :(

We'd need to add a 64-bit capable SSE2 emulator.. Anyone have an idea? :(

here the issue was addressed a long time ago, I do not know if that's helpful. :(

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10224966/sse-optimized-emulation-of-64-bit-integers

here the issue was addressed a long time ago, I do not know if that's helpful. :(

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10224966/sse-optimized-emulation-of-64-bit-integers

I don't understand, I would need someone who knows more about this to explain

J'ne comprends pas, j'ai besoin de quelqu'un qui est plus experience de m'aide

Ich verstehe nicht, brauche ich jemanden, der mehr darüber weiß, zu erklären,

:unsure:

I don't understand, I would need someone who knows more about this to explain

J'ne comprends pas, j'ai besoin de quelqu'un qui est plus experience de m'aide

Ich verstehe nicht, brauche ich jemanden, der mehr darüber weiß, zu erklären,

:unsure:

I believe that can only sinetek or andy make us an informed statement about this thing for the time.Unfortunately, I also have no idea about it. :( :whistle:

Ich denke, das uns nur sinetek oder Andy eine fundierte Antwort geben kann, ich habe leider keine Ahnung davon, sorry :( :whistle:

Edited by spakk

After some googling I think that our graphics problem is to do with the 64bit execution. I found a few topics mentioning the exact same problems we have but on lion with real Macs. When in x86_64 the problems were there but in i386 there were no problems. Could it be that ML has something extra in the kernel that was missed or is it the extensions? 

Would it be possible to write our own extensions if thats the problem?

• Like 3

After some googling I think that our graphics problem is to do with the 64bit execution. I found a few topics mentioning the exact same problems we have but on lion with real Macs. When in x86_64 the problems were there but in i386 there were no problems. Could it be that ML has something extra in the kernel that was missed or is it the extensions? 

Would it be possible to write our own extensions if thats the problem?

We could ask the people in #nouveau on freenode if they have any ideas.. these are very knowledgeable, they are the people who write the open-source nvidia drivers.. not sure how open they'd be to hackintoshing though:(

On poudrait demandé les personnes dans #nouveau sur freenode si il ons des idée.. il font le codage pour le pilote-graphique nvidia a source publique, il sons très expérience.. quoique, j'ne sais pas si il sons d'accord avec aidez OSx86 :(

(Translation of Shane's post in french/Traduction du poste de LiTz ShAnE en Francais):

Après quelques recherches sur Google, je pense que notre problème graphique est à faire avec l'exécution 64 bits. J'ai trouvé quelques sujets mentionnant exactement les mêmes problèmes que nous avons, mais le lion avec de vrais Mac. Quand en x86_64 les problèmes étaient là, mais en i386 n'y avait aucun problème. Serait-ce que ML a quelque chose en plus dans le noyau qui a été manquée ou est-ce les extensions?

Serait-il possible d'écrire nos propres extensions si c'est le problème?

• Like 4

Going back to an old idea I had about MLPostFactor. They use 32bit hacks to Install 10.8 on old unsupported Mac.

Here is a bug report from them:
- AMD Radeon 5xxx & 6xxx are problematic.

- Graphic Glitches

Could this bug not be a kext problem? I'm gonna try install the nVidia kext from their installer and see if my 9500GT causes any glitch (can't use their installer as it kernel panics).

EDIT: Still graphic glitches on my side.... sigh, but if then the 32bit unsupported macs get them and they use dp1 or so 32bit kernel.