Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

Mountain Lion AMD legacy kernel x64_86 ssse3 ssse3 emulator

• Please log in to reply
6379 replies to this topic

Micky1979

Micky1979

I realized that I am lucky

• Moderators
  • 1,988 posts

not if there is only AnVs latest Kernel ... he patched that .....if u decide to put several released kernels there .....yes (since the early stage ones from Sinetek would need the patched corecrypto ...)

A whole AMD Pandora App prob. better since we are a bit different ;) so people dont get to much choices

;)

What is the weight in kb, of AMD kernel? Serve also the Lion version ...
This is the problem ... mmmh. Function replacement of the kernel can be useful if you have also a kernel with Atom support, but too many versions exist to put inside.

...and Download section,..... has only one kernel available.... ;)

Micky

spakk

spakk

If you try to please everyone, then you have certainly forgotten

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
There is positive news! Nvidia GTX 550 TI works with full QE/CI see entry in the terminal

many thanks to Wayang-NT (Tonyxxxxx)

there's an easiest way to know is QE/CI enabled or no ... do with Terminal .... check it out ....

1. Open Terminal and type

sudo -s
fill password
then type:

defaults read /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor

2. If you have QE/CI enabled, there will be like this:

{ tileHeight = 256; tileWidth = 256; }

but if don't maybe QE/CI not yet enabled

3. Do this to enabling QE/CI

defaults write /Library/Preferences/com.apple.windowserver GLCompositor -dict tileHeight -int 256 tileWidth -int 256

4. Restart machine and do some tests to check QE/CI

enjoy it ....

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
here is the proof

Nvidia GTX 550 TI working with full QE/CI

see pic

see my message ( #1872 and #1887 )

Here are the custom Nvidia drivers and other chipset driver etc, but download the driver from my message #1887
(these are the latest drivers)

i have modified the info.plist for the most Nvidia graphics cards (VendorID and DeviceID)

good luck

Attached Files

Edited by spakk, 31 March 2013 - 11:34 AM.

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts
Congratulations, spakk!

While everyone was trying heterodhox workarounds, you silently made it the right way. Going to test asap.

All the best!

P.S.: Downloaded your pic: why are the menu bar not translucid? Did you try to enable this?

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

Congratulations, spakk!

While everyone was trying heterodhox workarounds, you silently made it the right way. Going to test asap.

All the best!

P.S.: Downloaded your pic: why are the menu bar not translucid? Did you try to enable this?

I'm going this afternoon to upload the current modified drivers and other files here. Thus, other users have the opportunity to test the

Bronya

Bronya

InsanelyMac Legend

• Coders
  • 959 posts
I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for ML_DP1 , fine working 32 bit or 64 bit with working QE/CI without artifacts !
I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for 10.8.2 :
1) if flag arch=i386 , not working, panic /APIC/ , because 10.8.2 only x86_64 (64bit) without 32 bit !
2) if flag arch=x86_64 , working, but artifacts in Safari !
In 10.8.2 i found one :
AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- it it same ATIRadeonX3000.kext, but ATIRadeonX3000.kext deleted .
1)AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- artifacts !
2)ATIRadeonX3000.kext <-- without artifacts ! It is best driver .
I try in terminal write :
defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1 <-- for me working . But small artifacts .!
Wait for kernel ! I work ...

theconnactic

theconnactic

Stubborn AMD user

• Local Moderators
  • 2,973 posts

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for ML_DP1 , fine working 32 bit or 64 bit with working QE/CI without artifacts !

Congrats, man! Unfortunately i cannot test these for now because i don't have any space left of my HDD for another partition.

I created kernel_i386/x86_64 for 10.8.2 :
1) if flag arch=i386 , not working, panic /APIC/ , because 10.8.2 only x86_64 (64bit) without 32 bit !
2) if flag arch=x86_64 , working, but artifacts in Safari !
In 10.8.2 i found one :
AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- it it same ATIRadeonX3000.kext, but ATIRadeonX3000.kext deleted .
1)AMDRadeonAcceleration.kext <-- artifacts !
2)ATIRadeonX3000.kext <-- without artifacts ! It is best driver .
I try in terminal write :
defaults write com.apple.safari IncludeInternalDebugMenu 1 <-- for me working . But small artifacts .!
Wait for kernel ! I work ...

Waiting, and i'm confident it will be a very stable kernel! :D

About the small Safari artifacts, are you sure you followed strictly the steps, as described here: http://www.insanelym...-amd-machines/?

Because, done the right way, it should wipe out the artifacts for good (at least it did with my rig).

All the best!

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
BIOS settings note!
AHCI enabled
Boot-order should note that if their NTFs-HDD and HFS+-HDDs used (first the HFS +-HDD than the NTFs-HDD, also make sure that their HDD connects to the right connector, first HFS +-HDD than NTFS-HDD.
If you have an IDE- HDD then of course you enable IDE in the BIOS, if you use SATA HDD then enable SATA.

1. as the very first thing you formatted the HDD with GUID / Mac OS X Extended ( journaled) !!! Not Mac OS (Case-sensitive), and Mac OS (Case-sensitive, Journaled) otherwise there may be problems with Adobe programs
2. then takes an executable Hackintosh or a real Mac and open the Disk Utility which iatkos ml2.dmg

Guys! I have purchased an official Mountain Lion 10.8.2 version from Applestore !!!, unfortunately, I had limited success with the installation.

3. I have installed Iatkos ML2 on my Intel-based Hackintosh with Leopard 10.5 (Yes, this is possible with iatkos ML! Thanks again here on the

iatkos-team) selects all the drivers for your AMD Hackintosh and let's start the installation!

in my case, I selected the following settings:

Bootloader Options:
-> GraphicsEnabler -> yes
-> kernel Cache -> yes
-> Built-in Ethernet -> yes
-> PCI-Root-1 -> yes
-> USB-Fix -> yes

Graphics Mode:
-> in my case -> 1600x1200x32
Patches:
-> FakeSMC -> yes
-> Disabler -> yes
-> EvOreboot -> yes
-> RTC -> yes
-> SleepEnabler -> yes
Mac Model:
in my case -> imac12,1 ( was then manually modified in imac13, 2 )

Drivers:
->SATA/IDE -> in my case all yes
->SOUND->yes
->USB3,0 -> none
->Hardware Sensors -> in my case all yes
->PS/2 -> yes
->Laptop-> none
VGA:
->Nvidia 10,8.2 drivers ->yes
->OpenCL RAM 2 GB+patch ->yes
->C92 core HDMI->yes
->Network->yes

I hope it will help you further :king:

Edit:

after complete the installation i have installed my customized driver, see my upload-link. see #1887
than i installed the libcorecrypto.dylib in the folder usr/lib/
my custom extra folder with my custom DSDTs, the patches from Andy + Sinetek and amd_kernel by Andy ( see my upload-link see #1887 ) in to root,
at last I have installed chimira bootloader

that's it

Edit:

the other Kext drivers you need to modified with your Chipset Vendor ID and Device ID

Edited by spakk, 01 April 2013 - 04:05 PM.

SS01

SS01

InsanelyMac Sage

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts

Congrats, man! Unfortunately i cannot test these for now because i don't have any space left of my HDD for another partition.

That's what Virtualbox is for :D

Congrats spakk! I will test this later, adding the 10.8.3 7xxx drivers.

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

That's what Virtualbox is for :D

Congrats spakk! I will test this later, adding the 10.8.3 7xxx drivers.

I adjusted the driver with the most common Nvidia vendor and device ID, if your Nvidia Grafik card should not be included, then you need modified the info.plist! that, all the latest drivers from 10.8.3!

hello spakk :)

it's weird that you're not translucent bar with CI / QE?

you change the resolution and you can make video capture with QuickTime?

i will make later with QuickTime a video stream, currently, do I save my work (Mountain Lion) with carbon copy cloner

I have QuickTime yet tested, I hope it works!! currently, I will not interfere the clone process

We need urgently tester who can confirm the result! I have neglected once everything, no sound etc installed, I'll try anything to subsequently later

Edited by spakk, 31 March 2013 - 12:02 PM.

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

:)

and why cuda drivers ?

I first installed everything that I wanted to test, after the driver does not work, than delete it , Gils :worried_anim:

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

I left ML 10.8.3 i386 :( I returned to ML DP1 i386 works really well on FX / Nvidia, I'd understand why the Phenom does not work well on DP1?

Hey my friend Gils, I see you're now 44 Very Good points !!! you catch me up. :king: :wink2: :angel_not: :thumbsup_anim: :trumpet:

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

I left ML 10.8.3 i386 :( I returned to ML DP1 i386 works really well on FX / Nvidia, I'd understand why the Phenom does not work well on DP1?

I do not want to customize even more, so I have not tested the i386 kernel with DP1! I think that the kernel of sinetek and Andy for x86_64 are compatible. and we have to deal with only the problem with the video card and sound. :angel_not:

44 points?? what? :worried_anim:

see here http://www.insanelym...1093405-gils83/ :wink2: :weight_lift:

Gils, did you've seen my Geekbench test? http://browser.prima...kbench2/1818794
is for the first time not bad? Geekbench Score 10905 :thumbsup_anim:

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

ok! for 44 points, what does that mean? it is true, being geek Mac OS X, I am very interested in trying the various and complicated but I rather limited knowledge development. :(

Now, I'm a little work on the audio of my motherboard but I use an external sound card is secondary for me.

it's good test geebench !!! le phenom a de beau reste pour un 45 nm :D

so far I have also used an external sound module, now I will try the AppleHDA or VoodooHDA I hope it works

ok! for 44 points, what does that mean? it is true, being geek Mac OS X, I am very interested in trying the various and complicated but I rather limited knowledge development. :(

Now, I'm a little work on the audio of my motherboard but I use an external sound card is secondary for me.

it's good test geebench !!! le phenom a de beau reste pour un 45 nm :D

so far I have also used an external sound module, now I will try the AppleHDA or VoodooHDA I hope it works

gils83

gils83

DJ Officiel d'InsanelyMac

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,954 posts
  • Interests:le soleil du var et l'informatique

my brother card :

http://www.gigabyte....id=4125&dl=1#sp

ALC 887 :)

with VoodooHDA is the simplest, with AppleHDA that is another story. :moil:

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
should the the AppleHDA works with my ALC889 sound card then it certainly has influence on the graphics card

at the moment I install to test the Adobe CS6 Master Collection, I will report back later

big_shit, the installation on Mac OS X Extended (Case-senstive, journaled) is not supported by adobe! :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash: :wallbash:
anyone an idea,,,,????

Edit:
such a big_shit, it's true!
look here http://forums.adobe....message/4765061

now I must to format the HDD and reinstall everything again, luckily previously i made ​​a clone :king:

Edited by spakk, 31 March 2013 - 02:50 PM.

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
I'm going to format my HDD in the future only in Mac OS Extended (Journaled), then I will have no problems! recommended by apple too, but why offer the Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive Journaled) to?? :|

I'm not sure if this is the proper place to post this or not but here goes...

I'm new to the Hackintosh scene but not new to computers. My PC build is:

AMD Phenom II X4 955 Black Ed.
Asus M4A78 Plus Motherboard
6 Gig RAM
Radeon 4890 1 GB Video Card

I've been able to successfully get 10.8.3 to run on my PC via VMWare. Is it possible for me to turn my computer into a Hackintosh and dual boot Win 7 & OS X Mountain Lion (or even Lion)? I'm slightly overwhelmed by all of the Hackintosh information and it seems to be rather hard to find "good" information about hackintosh on a AMD PC. So, any information/tutorials you can give me would be appreciated.

yes it is possiblesee here http://www.insanelym... # entry1875237 here you can find some current systems. which may also include how-to link
Dual-boot or multiple operating systems, no problem, it is possible

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts
has anyone taken the test? I mean, in my description of the installation mountain lion made​​. if so? what results do you have? does your graphics card work with QE / CI?

Bitcore

Bitcore

AMD Fanboy

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 150 posts
  • Interests:Producing Music
Guys i'm running ML 10.8.2 like on a real mac at the moment ;)
All really cool for me, but why?
Why do i not have graphics failure?

spakk

spakk

• Local Moderators
  • 2,011 posts

Hi all,

ML 10.8 DP1 is a serious alternative to Nvidia and AMD, as you can see from the video, it's still quite usable for those who want replaced Lion 10.7

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_detailpage&v=qoGL4RszFIE

:D

Gils, for FX is this a good alternative solution but I do not think for Phenom

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Mountain Lion, AMD, legacy kernel, x64_86, ssse3, ssse3 emulator

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy