Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

Tried the latest kernel with flags : npci=0x2000 colors=32 GraphicsInjector=Yes, got a white screen with mouse pointer in correct resolution.

I guess Radeon HD6970 still isn't compatible.

The only way I can boot with this kernel is when I delete the ATI6000.kext and use a boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No.

Or should I use different boot flags?

Tried the latest kernel with flags : npci=0x2000 colors=32 GraphicsInjector=Yes, got a white screen with mouse pointer in correct resolution.

I guess Radeon HD6970 still isn't compatible.

The only way I can boot with this kernel is when I delete the ATI6000.kext and use a boot flag GraphicsEnabler=No.

Or should I use different boot flags?

You should patch the framebuffer of the ATI6000Controller.kext

See the clover instructions thread on how to do it.

I have a Asus Radeon HD6450 which by default also was incompatible.

A patch later it was compatible ;)

I used MyHack and got a retail ML installer and replaced the kernel for the installer with the latest kernel thats on here (mach_10.8.3_fixed_rc4) and installed ML retail, and then used something to get the needed few kexts. I removed the ATI7000controller.kext since it's artifact city, but I'm really looking forward to new kernels. I'm using the FX-8350, and a Radeon HD 7870. 

odhDkUP.png

• Like 1

Hi all !

In mach_kernel I deleted "ssse3, avx, sse4_1, sse4_2, cache_tlb", added only emulators opemu with emulating "ssse3" and "sysenter", and tested on real iMac !

Resultats:

1) same without artifacts ati !

2) i run program "maxima" - panic <- same how on amd !

3) adobe cs6 normal running . 

4) 32 bit program's is normally opened .

if kernel without opemu.c, program "maxima" normally open !!! 

Then it is problem opemu.c ! 

Maybe mistake emulating "sysenter" or other ...
  • Like 3

If on amd processors artifacts ati - it is maybe only driver don't support with amd processor... Or problem only system ...

I see in MMXCore.plugin , i found one - it is checking support intel. if amd  then it is go to intel and don't running CS6 on amd .

I patched it is plugin and normal working CS6 . I no sure ... =)))

MMXCore.plugin.zip

• Like 4

If on amd processors artifacts ati - it is maybe only driver don't support with amd processor... Or problem only system ...

I see in MMXCore.plugin , i found one - it is checking support intel. if amd then it is go to intel and don't running CS6 on amd .

I patched it is plugin and normal working CS6 . I no sure ... =)))

{style_image_url}/attachicon.gif MMXCore.plugin.zip

Hey Bronya thanks for the work. It is suitable for Lion too? I presume it is, so I can switch back to my AMD machine, can someone confirm it is? Many thanks. :)

Hey Bronya thanks for the work. It is suitable for Lion too? I presume it is, so I can switch back to my AMD machine, can someone confirm it is? Many thanks. :)

Hello ! MMXCore.plugin ? 

It is for CS6 . 

• Like 1

Bronya!

Once again amazing work!

If anyone wants to use an Adobe Suite, rather use CC, so far only Illustrator seems to be a problem. 

Photoshop CC (was a problem with MMXCore.plugin on CS6 unless Updated), Bridge CC (was a problem with MMXCore.plugin on CS6 unless copied from updated Photoshop), InDesign CC, Premiere Pro CC (was a problem on CS6) and Dreamweaver CC, all work out the box

• Like 1

Fresh install with Athlon II X2 on 10.8.4 Using Bronya's latest kernel. Boots much faster than previous kernels. Everything is detected correctly. Graphics still glitchy but I'm still looking for a fix on HD5450 ( 0x68E11002 )

Screen Shot 2013-07-04 at 23.33.50.png

Yes !

Please test mach_10.8.3_rc5 ! IS Working programs "maxima,vmware and parallel desktop" . I checked !

Download here -> mach_10.8.3_rc5 !

Thanks for updating the kernel  :)

Screen_Shot_2013_07_06_at_8_27_42_AM.png

MD5: 8e8b027d55db1c66d6081726b84f7e74

Unfortunately the latest kernel (10.8.3-rc5)  gave me a KP due to these errors:

_Debugger + 0xa4
_consume_panic_args + 0x17d
_panic + 0x4f
_panic_trap + 0x34b
_return_from_trap +0xcd
_machine_boot_info + 0x160
_panic_i386_backtrace + 0x31f  --->  ???

weirdly, I got the i386 error even I booted the osx with arch=x86_64

• Like 1

Here it is... the new kernel.

It should be more efficient in performing instruction emulation (First SSSE3 pass, then SSE3 pass in 3 steps as this is more efficient, next sysenter, then monitor/mwait skipp for those without SSE3 and last fisttp to fistp replacement for those without SSE3).

It also has fisttp to fistp on-the-fly in memory replacement (added it in opemu) for those without SSE3.

Source diff included. ;)

Test please :D and report back too ;)

still reboots before goin to  verbose mode  :S

a 8 3870k on  f1 a55 m lk r2.0

Here it is... the new kernel.

It should be more efficient in performing instruction emulation (First SSSE3 pass, then SSE3 pass in 3 steps as this is more efficient, next sysenter, then monitor/mwait skipp for those without SSE3 and last fisttp to fistp replacement for those without SSE3).

It also has fisttp to fistp on-the-fly in memory replacement (added it in opemu) for those without SSE3.

Source diff included. ;)

Test please :D and report back too ;)

still reboots before goin to  verbose mode  :S

a 8 3870k on  f1 a55 m lk r2.0