Mavericks kernel testing on AMD (formerly Mountain Lion kernel testing on AMD)

theconnactic

6,414 posts in this topic

bronya, I will  test the rc2 kernel later, I'm still busy with another task :)

RC1_kernel now works on my 10.9.4 I replaced System.kext and delete AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext and AppleTyMCEDriver.kext

RC2_kernel works too - I see no difference between these two kernels. Both works perfect on my build - fast and no graphics bugs :)

(I do not replace the Frameworks files)

Thanks again Bronya :thumbsup_anim:

P.S. Thanks spakk for my KP :D

• Like 2

Bronya ,

first test with the rc1 with system kext and framework caused KP ! , Had to reinstall Mavericks , no back-up made before....

2nd test rc 2 with system kext only booted fine !  :thumbsup_anim:

no artifacts until now  :)

Edit   Can't acces App store anymore  :(

Спасибо друг!

App Store access successfully ( rc2 kernel + system.kext replacement)

I've done that ,same smbios.plist as in my 10.8.5

This is the message ,never seen it before....

Your device or computer could not be verified. Please contact support for assistance.

for now i see only that bug with rc2 kernel

attachicon.gifСнимок экрана 2014-08-17 в 21.10.30.png

This bug is very strange. I've got this dirty icons on my Athlon X2 6000+ and then someone (I don't remember who) created a kernel which eliminate this bug. That was maybe 2months ago and there was no dirty icons anymore. Then I bought an FX-6300 and no bug again. Maybe you can search and test again some older kernels to eliminate this bug and when you find a good kernel without this error, tell about it to Bronzovka. Then he will apply the fix to his newest kernel for 10.9.4-5.

P.S. This is just idea, becuase I remember this problem was solved on my older cpu ;)

I've done that ,same smbios.plist as in my 10.8.5

This is the message ,never seen it before....

Your device or computer could not be verified. Please contact support for assistance.

My AppStore is working perfectly, so it is not an error of new Bronya's kernel. Try to delete every device from your AppStore/iTunes account and maybe then you can log in and add again your hack to trusted devices. Or as you said about smbios that is the same like 10.8.5 - try to change it to another and check if it works, maybe this is just a temporary bug :)

Edited by tragediana150
  • Like 2

Create a smbios.plist with chameleon wizard and generating a serial number then check the serial number on selfsolve.apple.com according to whether it is valid ... if valid then AppStore etc. should work.

Good luck

• Like 1

With this kernel http://www.mediafire.com/download/blkqc3ul796114h/10.9.4+amd+kernel.zip (I don't know who developed it) I don't have any visual problems with 10.9.4  

13.1.0 Darwin Kernel Version 13.1.0: суббота, 14 июня 2014 г. 01:37:40 (MSK); root:xnu-2422.90.20_amd/BUILD/obj/RELEASE_X86_64 x86_64

Perhaps Bronya could check what is different in this kernel compared to his own in order to solve this problem.

I honestly don't know, I found it on Youtube and decided to  try it, the guy who shared the link did not write the developer's name. Both Command+Shift+3 and Command+Shift+4 work fine on my machine. I shared it because I am sure that Bronya can get pretty good idea where to look for a fix in it. :)

Ok, got it: these are Bronya's own 10.9.2 RC7 kernels! Ha ha, 'seems you have some catching up to do!  :P

In red, your files; in green, Bronya's 10.9.2 RC7 kernels. It speaks for itself...

attachicon.gifAMD_kernels.jpg

You want my piece of advise? Don't just download files from anywhere without knowing what they are!

Yep, they copy one same file and change it title ;D

I add opemu from rc7 , but modified opemu .

If speed faster 10% , try flag -cpuEFI ! 

In archive include diff .

attachicon.gif mach_10_9_4_rc2.zip

Sorry for the newby question, but when I try and create an installer ISO using 10_9_4_rc2 kernel I get a the following error:

"Screenshot Attached"

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x850bef8, Size: 0x3a53d, File: free, Line: 0

And if I try to use any earlier kernel (10_9_4_rc1, 10_9_2_rc6, rc5, rc4) I get a divide by 0 panic:

"Screenshot Attached"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000309997): Kernel trap at 0xffffff80002fb3ff, type 0=divide error, registers:

haven't been able to find if I'm missing any kernel flags, could someone point me in the right direction?

System:
- AMDFX 8300 CPU
- GA970A-D3 MOBO
- VMWare Workstation 10

- Fresh Mavericks 10.9.4 Installer from Apple store

- Latest Chimera branch

post-1383076-0-85353700-1408557605_thumb.png

post-1383076-0-70764600-1408557891_thumb.png

Sorry for the newby question, but when I try and create an installer ISO using 10_9_4_rc2 kernel I get a the following error:

"Screenshot Attached"

Memory allocation error! Addr: 0x850bef8, Size: 0x3a53d, File: free, Line: 0

And if I try to use any earlier kernel (10_9_4_rc1, 10_9_2_rc6, rc5, rc4) I get a divide by 0 panic:

"Screenshot Attached"

panic(cpu 0 caller 0xffffff8000309997): Kernel trap at 0xffffff80002fb3ff, type 0=divide error, registers:

haven't been able to find if I'm missing any kernel flags, could someone point me in the right direction?

System:

- AMDFX 8300 CPU

- GA970A-D3 MOBO

- VMWare Workstation 10

- Fresh Mavericks 10.9.4 Installer from Apple store

- Latest Chimera branch

post-1383076-0-85353700-1408557605_thumb

the first image is shown when you installed kernel rc2 and System.kext from the data packet from Bronya., the result-also happens on my hackintosh, too.

I have detected these error message the first time when I had experimented with yosemite 10.10 on my amd hackintosh,

The solution is actually quite simple.

open/start "About This Mac" -> Extensions , or start/open Kext Wizard "Loaded" you seen the loaded drivers from your running system , here you have an overall view of all the loaded/running drivers.

compares the loaded drivers using content from S / L / E ... then remove all not loaded drivers, and repair the permissions and refresh cache., Then runs the system..

then the problem should be resolved.

Edit:

I can fool me, my guess is:

when the system boots starts a check of loaded incompatible drivers performed as soon as a driver is not compatible, the system holds and an error output appear on display. 

I hope you understand me

or I have a wrong guess, Bronya

Edited by spakk

spakk , if problem "Memory allocation error "  - it is if in folder /Extra/modules lies files . You try delete files in folder modules .  Then normal is running  loading kexts ... 

I have the following data in /Extra/modules/  who have never caused a problems.

FileNVRAM.dylib 
Sata.dylib 
Resolution.dylib 
uClibcxx.dylib 
klibc.dylib 
Keylayout.dylib 
KernelPatcher.dylib ???

which file can be in your opinion the cause of the error?

I have the following data in /Extra/modules/  who have never caused a problems.

FileNVRAM.dylib 
Sata.dylib 
Resolution.dylib 
uClibcxx.dylib 
klibc.dylib 
Keylayout.dylib 
KernelPatcher.dylib ???

which file can be in your opinion the cause of the error?

FileNVRAM.dylib - is problem . 

first test

I have delete the folder /modules/... same error message appears ..

Second Test with custom drivers, as already described in my first post ... no error message.

Bronya ... this is not to due with Files from /modules/ folder