93 replies to this topic

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
  • Interests:Hackintosh
Sorry, in all the excitement about getting Sleep fixed, I forgot to attach my DSDT :mellow: I have now attached it :) I have also attached it in my previous post.

Attached Files

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts
Here ya go, try this one.

Now can someone fix my video card errors? X3100 GPU Parser Error :(

Attached Files

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok, I tried it and it looks like we have an improvement, but the laptop still wakes after 2-3 seconds. Now after running pmset -g log, i get "Wake due to USB 1, instead of Wake due to USB1, USB3" Is there anything else possible to fix the problem?

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Ok, I tried it and it looks like we have an improvement, but the laptop still wakes after 2-3 seconds. Now after running pmset -g log, i get "Wake due to USB 1, instead of Wake due to USB1, USB3" Is there anything else possible to fix the problem?

Try this one

by the way did you start with your own DSDT or use someone elses?

Attached Files

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Yes! That worked perfectly! Unbelievable! Now it sleeps without waking up after 2 seconds! Thanks a lot :). btw, did you ever get bluetooth working on your thinkpad? i am having trouble with it. If its not possible to get it to work its ok, I think i could live without it, but it would certainly be nice. Thanks for all your help though, I really do appreciate it :).

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Yes! That worked perfectly! Unbelievable! Now it sleeps without waking up after 2 seconds! Thanks a lot :). btw, did you ever get bluetooth working on your thinkpad? i am having trouble with it. If its not possible to get it to work its ok, I think i could live without it, but it would certainly be nice. Thanks for all your help though, I really do appreciate it :).

Yes my Bluetooth is working.

However, I need to know, did you start by using someone else's DSDT?

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Yes my Bluetooth is working.

However, I need to know, did you start by using someone else's DSDT?

Well, what I did is I used the Extra folder zip (which can be downloaded at the beginning of this forum from Husaber) and I used the DSDT Stable.aml file found in the Extra folder. I am guessing it is Husaber's DSDT. That's the DSDT i started off using (mostly because it was a lot more stable than the original DSDT provided in the extra folder) As a side note, neither of the DSDT's in Husaber's extra folder had a working sleep for my Hackintosh.

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Well, what I did is I used the Extra folder zip (which can be downloaded at the beginning of this forum from Husaber) and I used the DSDT Stable.aml file found in the Extra folder. I am guessing it is Husaber's DSDT. That's the DSDT i started off using (mostly because it was a lot more stable than the original DSDT provided in the extra folder) As a side note, neither of the DSDT's in Husaber's extra folder had a working sleep for my Hackintosh.

Each computer is different, and you should start with your your own DSDT.

I can help you with that tomorrow. I need to figure out why I'm getting KPs on my end :(

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok, yeah, that sounds like a good idea ;) . Thank you :)

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Ok, yeah, that sounds like a good idea ;) . Thank you :)

Okay so let's start by extracting your own, virgin DSDT. To do this, you need to boot WITHOUT the one you are currently using. So rename the DSDT you're using now something else (e.g. DSDT_old.aml). Now reboot. You should be able to boot without it.

Once you are at the desktop, hang tight and don't try to sleep or anything (it will likely crash). Now download DSDT editor for Mac: http://www.insanelym...or-and-patcher/
Go to File -> Extract DSDT. This will pull in your VIRGIN DSDT. Try to compile it by going to IASL -> Compile. Hopefully you have no errors, and then you will be able to save the DSDT. Once you get there, report back with either the virgin DSDT or any errors you might come across.

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok, I did as you said, and it gives some errors. I have attached the image below. It will not let me save unless they are fixed? because if I go to IASL, and try to click Save AML, it is grayed out, and won't let me.

Attached Files

CoBrA2168

CoBrA2168

InsanelyMac Geek

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 129 posts

Ok, I did as you said, and it gives some errors. I have attached the image below. It will not let me save unless they are fixed? because if I go to IASL, and try to click Save AML, it is grayed out, and won't let me.

Try going to 8608 and removing the leading asterisk.

By the way, do you have Skype? I could help you quicker that way.

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Interests:HusabergFC-600 FourStroke,KTM500 TwoStroke,TM300 TwoStroke
    Free Time-My Hackintosh&Ap...

:D

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
Ok, yes I do have skype. Sorry, I was gone for a while. Anyway you can add me on Skype, my Skype Name/ID is "Sebster.101" I'll be online almost all day today.

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

What is your skype name? I got a skype, my skype name is Sebster.101 Thanks :)

bearhntr28

bearhntr28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Husaber,

OK... I gave up on the 10.6.3 steps I was trying to get to work. I have done everything on that other page...and must have built the USB drive now 4 or 5 times....takes about 2 hours on my old QUICKSILVER to make the USB from my retail DVD. I am going to give your 10.7.4 steps a whirl, but I have some questions - I understand your english is not superb...and willing to work with you if you are patient with me....I am a Windows guru - and hardly touch my Quicksilver because it has 10.5 and is slooooooow as molassas in January. If I may, I'd like your help - and with your help, maybe I can assist in writing the best installation guide possible.

You make mention that the INTEL Wireless 4965ABGN card does not work...any ideas why?
So here I go -- I am gonna paste your info here...then ask my questions in PURPLE.

Do I have to do this on an x86 MAC or can I use my Quicksilver with 10.5 and the 768Mhz PPC CPU?

2) CREATION OF THE [color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]USB [color=#176ba1 !important]STICK[/color][/color] (MIN 8GB!!!):[/color]
Download InstallESDLion10.7.4.I have used a .torrent from iModZone.Be sure to find a Mac OSXInstallESD- not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS). The image size is 6GB uncompressed.

[color=#800080]OK - I found this, and the download was about 3.9GB (from three locations) I take it this is the compressed size. It appears to open on my 10.5 PPC machine.[/color]

- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and open hidden files,next time open Mac OSXInstallESD and inside you see BaseSystem.dmg.Now restore the BaseSystem.dmg in to USB flashdrive.

[color=#800080] I am not sure what you mean by the OPEN HIDDEN FILES. I format the drive - and maybe I am looking in the wrong place / but there is nothing there...the drive is empty. Did I forget to turn something on? What filesystem should I format it with?[/color]

[color=#800080]I think I understand the RESTORE BaseSystem.dmg to the flash drive -- using DISK UTILITY I am assuming.[/color]

After restore finish needed to copy Folder Pakages from Mac OSXInstallESD inside USB flash drive in directory System/Instalacion(Delete Alias)

[color=#800080]By this I assume you mean there is an 'Alias' folder that I should delete, and that I need to copy the PACKAGES folder to the flash drive...does it need to be in a specific location (path)?[/color]

If you are ready next step is:copy from Mac OSXInstallESD these 4 files-mach_kernel,kernelcashe,bootefi,BaseSystem.chunklist and copy him to USB flash drive.

[color=#800080]To which path (folder) should I put these four files?[/color]

Now we need to copy Extra folder inside USB flash drive(Extra folder is located below ready for use)

[color=#800080]To which path (folder) should I put the EXTRAS folder?[/color]

Next step is a final:installing [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]Bootloader[/color][/color][/color](i use for my four machine only one tested for me version)Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg(Bootloader is located bellow)Open [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]installer[/color][/color][/color] and install it in to USB flash drive

[color=#800080]I am sure this should be self-explanatory...but I through that about the MyHack1.1 process from the 10.6.3 forum post as well. I could not get that one to work either :wallbash: . Can you elaborate on this step to ensure that I get the bootloader right...I think this is the biggest problem I have with the 10.6.3 steps is the bootloader.[/color]

[color=#006400]- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!![/color]
[color=#ff0000]P.S.:
If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with
[color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]windows [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]xp[/color][/color][/color] or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.7.4)Recommended:install first windows and after OSX for [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]dual [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]boot[/color][/color][/color],because windows installation delete Chameleon and need to instal again [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]boot [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]loader[/color][/color][/color]![/color]

[color=#800080] This is something that I would defiately like to have....Dual Boot WIN7 and OSX. Any recommendations for a 160GB HDD for the partitioning scheme? I am nor quite sure I understand the MBR vs the GUID thing either...as I know I have used GPARTED before and it will see those different partitions...but, any help here would be great.[/color]

I am looking forward to this being a learning experience that I can document and get to you in a 'no way your gonna fail' document that you can put out here for all the world to use. Granted I have the IIBM 7661-LU9, not the CTO, but I would think that they are not that different. I have the GMA 3100 video.

Well dag-nabbit....my colors went away. :-(

sebster101

sebster101

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts
If you like, bearhntr28, I could assist you through and help you get your Flash Drive ready for an OS X installation. If you have skype, add me (sebster.101) and you can message me your questions as you get your flashdrive ready. I have completed his guide and have gotten a working OS X installation off of his guide, so I'd be happy to help you get your flashdrive working. Just add me or tell me your Skype ID and we can get started if you like :)

bearhntr28

bearhntr28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Sebster,

I appreciate the help...but I do not have SKYPE.

I have tried the other one on this site for putting 10.6.7 onto a T61( http://www.insanelym...-type-6466-64g/ )--all without a single instance of getting the USB drive to boot. I get a black screen with flashing cursor.

I would really prefer to have 10.6 than 10.7 - but if 10.7 works...then so be it.

Thanks,
*BH*

HUSABER

HUSABER

InsanelyMac Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 938 posts
  • Interests:HusabergFC-600 FourStroke,KTM500 TwoStroke,TM300 TwoStroke
    Free Time-My Hackintosh&Ap...

Husaber,

OK... I gave up on the 10.6.3 steps I was trying to get to work. I have done everything on that other page...and must have built the USB drive now 4 or 5 times....takes about 2 hours on my old QUICKSILVER to make the USB from my retail DVD. I am going to give your 10.7.4 steps a whirl, but I have some questions - I understand your english is not superb...and willing to work with you if you are patient with me....I am a Windows guru - and hardly touch my Quicksilver because it has 10.5 and is slooooooow as molassas in January. If I may, I'd like your help - and with your help, maybe I can assist in writing the best installation guide possible.

You make mention that the INTEL Wireless 4965ABGN card does not work...any ideas why?
So here I go -- I am gonna paste your info here...then ask my questions in PURPLE.

Do I have to do this on an x86 MAC or can I use my Quicksilver with 10.5 and the 768Mhz PPC CPU?

2) CREATION OF THE [color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]USB [color=#176ba1 !important]STICK[/color][/color] (MIN 8GB!!!):[/color]
Download InstallESDLion10.7.4.I have used a .torrent from iModZone.Be sure to find a Mac OSXInstallESD- not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS). The image size is 6GB uncompressed.

[color=#800080]OK - I found this, and the download was about 3.9GB (from three locations) I take it this is the compressed size. It appears to open on my 10.5 PPC machine.[/color]

- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and open hidden files,next time open Mac OSXInstallESD and inside you see BaseSystem.dmg.Now restore the BaseSystem.dmg in to USB flashdrive.

[color=#800080] I am not sure what you mean by the OPEN HIDDEN FILES. I format the drive - and maybe I am looking in the wrong place / but there is nothing there...the drive is empty. Did I forget to turn something on? What filesystem should I format it with?[/color]

[color=#800080]I think I understand the RESTORE BaseSystem.dmg to the flash drive -- using DISK UTILITY I am assuming.[/color]

After restore finish needed to copy Folder Pakages from Mac OSXInstallESD inside USB flash drive in directory System/Instalacion(Delete Alias)

[color=#800080]By this I assume you mean there is an 'Alias' folder that I should delete, and that I need to copy the PACKAGES folder to the flash drive...does it need to be in a specific location (path)?[/color]

If you are ready next step is:copy from Mac OSXInstallESD these 4 files-mach_kernel,kernelcashe,bootefi,BaseSystem.chunklist and copy him to USB flash drive.

[color=#800080]To which path (folder) should I put these four files?[/color]

Now we need to copy Extra folder inside USB flash drive(Extra folder is located below ready for use)

[color=#800080]To which path (folder) should I put the EXTRAS folder?[/color]

Next step is a final:installing [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]Bootloader[/color][/color][/color](i use for my four machine only one tested for me version)Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg(Bootloader is located bellow)Open [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]installer[/color][/color][/color] and install it in to USB flash drive

[color=#800080]I am sure this should be self-explanatory...but I through that about the MyHack1.1 process from the 10.6.3 forum post as well. I could not get that one to work either :wallbash: . Can you elaborate on this step to ensure that I get the bootloader right...I think this is the biggest problem I have with the 10.6.3 steps is the bootloader.[/color]

[color=#006400]- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!![/color]
[color=#ff0000]P.S.:
If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with
[color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]windows [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]xp[/color][/color][/color] or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.7.4)Recommended:install first windows and after OSX for [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]dual [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]boot[/color][/color][/color],because windows installation delete Chameleon and need to instal again [color="#176ba1"][color=#176ba1 !important][color=#176ba1 !important]boot [/color][color=#176ba1 !important]loader[/color][/color][/color]![/color]

[color=#800080] This is something that I would defiately like to have....Dual Boot WIN7 and OSX. Any recommendations for a 160GB HDD for the partitioning scheme? I am nor quite sure I understand the MBR vs the GUID thing either...as I know I have used GPARTED before and it will see those different partitions...but, any help here would be great.[/color]

I am looking forward to this being a learning experience that I can document and get to you in a 'no way your gonna fail' document that you can put out here for all the world to use. Granted I have the IIBM 7661-LU9, not the CTO, but I would think that they are not that different. I have the GMA 3100 video.

Well dag-nabbit....my colors went away. :-(

http://forum.thinkpads.com/viewforum.php?f=32&sid=5d858c4c2b6f580cb136549219e7ffca

bearhntr28

bearhntr28

InsanelyMac Protégé

• Members
  • Pip
  • 29 posts
Husaber,

Thank you for your reply...but I had looked out there already. I am going to attempt your steps this weekend with 10.7.4 on my T61. I will see how I fare.

I do have a question.... is ONLY the BCM4311 (Broadcom WiFi card supported under OSX)? That is a Wireless G card - and I need Wireless N for my home...I have turned off Wireless G for my home network, as everything in my home is Wireless N.

Do you know of a BROADCOM adapter which may work which does support Wireless N?

Do you happen to know why the new (purchased from eBay Lenovo 3000 V200 Wireless WiFi Card 42T0865 -- INTEL 4965AGN ) card does not work?

Looking forward to diving into your procedure this weekend to see if I can have a new hackintosh for Easter.

*BH*

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

© 2014 InsanelyMac  |   News  |   Forum  |   Downloads  |   OSx86 Wiki  |   Mac Netbook  |   PHP hosting by CatN  |   Designed by Ed Gain  |   Logo by irfan  |   Privacy Policy