My mini Guide for install 10.7.4 on Lenovo Thinkpad T61 7661-CTO

HUSABER

94 posts in this topic

Hi to all..... Here is my guide for an IBM Lenovo T61 (with onboard Intel VGA X3100) machine type 7661-CTO.

Anyway, here below I will show you a fast way to install Lion 10.7.4Vanilla on this notebook to achive a near 99% of a real Mac... follow me:

osx_lion.jpg

CLEAN INSTALL WITHOUT ANY 'CREATORS'

MAIN NOTEBOOK SPECS:

IBM Lenovo T61 type:7661-CTO

- C2D T7500 @2.2Ghz 800FSB 4MB L2

- 2GB RAM DDR2 667-Upgrade later to 4GB

- HDD 80GB Sata 5400rpm-Upgrade later with CorsairSSD80gb

- Intel Graphics GM965 (formally X3100) [2A02:8082]

- Wireless Atheros AR5B91-Recommeneded for Upgrade with patched BIOS without whitelist!

- LAN wired Intel 82566MM 10/100/1000

- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (UPEK)

- Bluetooth Broadcom 2.1/Upgrade

- Display 14.4 TFT (XWGA) 1280x800

WHAT IT'S WORKING (32bit):

- DUAL CORE working at 100% 2.20Ghz full enable

- WIFI Broadcom (ootb)

- LAN Ethernet Gigabit (using specific kext)

- Bluetooth (fixing the DSDT)

- VGA with QE/CI enabled (ootb)

- Brightness controls: with patched GMAX3100FB , X3100.kext and DSDT fix

- Volume controls (ootb)

- Audio / Internal MIC (using only VoodooHDA.V2.7.4)

- Internal Keyboard/UltraNav/Touchpad (using UltraNav.Controller.kext based on Voodooteam)

- DVD burner (ootb)

- Battery (using BaterySmartManager.kext)

- Speedstep (Used DSDT and patched IOPlatformFamily.kext)

- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (using Truesuite for MAC by UPEK now at ver. 5.4)

- Firewire

- Audio External Jack

- VGA-OUT

WHAT IT'S NOT WORKING (32bit):

- SLEEP/Lid Sleep :wallbash: Need help from DSDT guru

WHAT YOU NEED:

- Notebook as above

- USB Keyboard and mouse (for installation)

- USB Pen of minimum 8GB

- Another Real Apple/Hackintosch PC would be better to prepare all the necessary steps

- Internet

1) BIOS SETTINGS:

DSC00148%5B2%5D.jpg

- Be sure to enable Sata controller as AHCI for better performance

if you prefer, you can use a BIOS patched to remove Whitelist for Wireless Card.(see my spec.)

2) CREATION OF THE USB STICK (MIN 8GB!!!):

Download InstallESDLion10.7.4.I have used a .torrent from iModZone.Be sure to find a Mac OSXInstallESD- not a modified one (Hazard, iATKOS). The image size is 6GB uncompressed.

- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and open hidden files,next time open Mac OSXInstallESD and inside you see BaseSystem.dmg.Now restore the BaseSystem.dmg in to USB flashdrive.

After restore finish needed to copy Folder Pakages from Mac OSXInstallESD inside USB flash drive in directory System/Instalacion(Delete Alias)

If you are ready next step is:copy from Mac OSXInstallESD these 4 files-mach_kernel,kernelcashe,bootefi,BaseSystem.chunklist and copy him to USB flash drive.(root directory)

Now we need to copy Extra folder inside USB flash drive(root directory)(Extra folder is located below ready for use)

Next step is a final:installing Bootloader(i use for my four machine only one tested for me version)Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg(Bootloader is located bellow)Open installer and install it in to USB flash drive

(root directory)- NOW YOU ARE READY FOR THE INSTALLATION!!!!!!

P.S.:

If you want to use MBR table on your hackintosch (for multiboot with windows xp or other things) instead of GUID (that create an EFI hidden partition), please consider to apply the patch OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.7.4)Recommended:install first windows and after OSX for dual boot,because windows installation delete Chameleon and need to instal again boot loader!

3) BEGIN THE INSTALLATION ON IBM LENOVO T61:

- Insert the new USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse on your notebook, power it on and boot from USB (press F12). A Chameleon should appear and wait 5 seconds. I have switched the installation in verbose mode (-v) so you can see all.

- Now begin the classic OSX wizard (languages etc). Using "Disk Utility" prepare your HDD as you prefer (number of partitions, GUID or MBR etc) and so on...... After a while (it should take 15/20 minutes) it will finish and ask you for reboot.

clean-lion-install.jpg

mac-os-x-lion-03_606x474.jpg

- Please reboot with USB pen inserted and when Chameleon appears, press a key and choose your new HDD OSX partition and press enter. Now the wizard will continue till the end.

sophosmacinstall4.png

4) FIRST USE:

- When you are on Lion 10.7.4 you have to copy again Extra folder to HDD Lion and run again Chameleon package(this time need to install to Lion HDD directory)

-After finish this 2 step run terminal and start this command:

sudo kextcache -v 1 -a i386 -a x86_64 -m /System/Library/Caches/com.apple.kext.caches/Startup/Extensions.mkext -z /System/Library/Extensions/

- Now you are ready to restart the OSX without USB Pen, USB Keyboard and USB Mouse

SUMMARY OF MY STUFF:

KEXTs that I have found/patched and their meaning:

>IOplatformFamily.kext to use thermal profile for MacBookAir4.1 and corect Vanilla SpeedStep for my CPU

lpcbk9-3b3df4.png

> (S/L/E) ThinkpadUltraNav.kext to enable Ultranav functions (Trackpoint + TouchPad)

> (S/L/E) IONetworkingFamily.kext I have added under Plugins Intel82566MM.kext to enable LAN gigabit

> (S/L/E) AppleSmartBatteryManager.kext,AppleACPIPlatform.kext no KP at this moment.

> (S/L/E) VoodooHDA.kext (2.7.4) = After long time I have found this stable version from Voodooteam(thanks)

Notebook that enable perfect Internal MIC and offers really great quality on output and Input. External jacks work great too.

> (S/L/E) AppleIntelGMAX3100FB.kext AppleIntelGMAX3100.kext. Stock Kext from original SL 10.6.8

> (E/E) Kozlek FakeSMC= Latest one with these plugins: ACPISensors.kext, IntelCPUMonitor.kext, X3100.kext and I use its HWMonitor.(thanks for stable version Kozlek)

> (E/E) VoodooTSCSync.kext (1.1) = A special version patched to help to eliminate lapic.c KP

MY DSDT patched:

I have extracted my DSDT(For this thime is no latest,i try to work ) and applied these fixes using DSDT Editor:

- DTGP, EHCI, SMBUS, HDEF, IOATAFamily, IRQS, LPC, Shutdown fix (intel), PNLF, NEW HPET,

smbios.plist

I have created one using Lizzard app starting from MacBookAir4.1

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>SMbiosdate</key>
<string>10/10/2010</string>
<key>SMbiosversion</key>
<string>MBA41.88Z.00BB.B00.0712201139</string>
<key>SMcputype</key>
<string>769</string>
<key>SMexternalclock</key>
<string>167</string>
<key>SMfamily</key>
<string>MacBook Air</string>
<key>SMmanufacter</key>
<string>Apple.inc</string>
<key>SMmaximalclock</key>
<string>2200</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacter_1</key>
<string>PRINCETON</string>
<key>SMmemmanufacter_2</key>
<string>NANYA</string>
<key>SMmempart_1</key>
<string>66-1122831E</string>
<key>SMmempart_2</key>
<string>DE8200</string>
<key>SMmemserial_1</key>
<string>4QY7734-HY</string>
<key>SMmemserial_2</key>
<string>KN2GB-0311</string>
<key>SMmemspeed</key>
<string>667</string>
<key>SMmemtype</key>
<string>19</string>
<key>SMproductname</key>
<string>MacBookAir4,1</string>
<key>SMserial</key>
<string>C0050ZFCJ5G</string>
<key>SMsystemversion</key>
<string>1.30f3</string>
</dict>
</plist>

com.apple.Boot.plist

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>DSDT</key>
<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>
<key>EthernetBuiltIn</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GenerateCStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>GeneratePStates</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Graphics Mode</key>
<string>1280x800x32</string>
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>Kernel</key>
<string>mach_kernel</string>
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string></string>
<key>Legacy Logo</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>PciRoot</key>
<string>1</string>
<key>RestartFix</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>SMBIOS</key>
<string>/Extra/smbios.plist</string>
<key>Theme</key>
<string>Aliens</string>
<key>Wait</key>
<string>Yes</string>
<key>arch</key>
<string>i386</string>
<key>system-type</key>
<string>2</string>
</dict>
</plist/>

Recommended:Delete AppleHDA.kext and after install voodoo Audio.

P.S.

Please let me know if I forgot something or the explanation isn't clear

- SLEEP/Lid Sleep

:wallbash: Need help from DSDT guru

Here is my DSDT

08.09.2012 update DSDT/Sleep/LidSleep is here

Extra.zip

2746-VoodooHDA-v2.7.4.zip

Chameleon RC5 752 Lion+Snow.pkg.zip

Kext.BrightnessControl.zip

DSDT.aml.zip

DSDT.UpdateSLEEP:Lid Sleep.zip

• Like 5
  • Thanks 1

• 1 month later...

Is your DSDT UpdateSleep updated so I can actually close the lid to get the system to sleep?

I just want to clarify some things before I proceed (only because it takes so long to create the USB key):

You state "- Using anothe MAC insert the USB stick, format it and open hidden files,next time open Mac OSXInstallESD and inside you see BaseSystem.dmg.Now restore the BaseSystem.dmg in to USB flashdrive."

When you state hidden files - is this so I can locate BaseSystem.dmg and restore that? Next, you state "If you are ready next step is:copy from Mac OSXInstallESD these 4 files-mach_kernel,kernelcashe,bootefi,BaseSystem.chunklist and copy him to USB flash drive.

Now we need to copy Extra folder inside USB flash drive(Extra folder is located below ready for use)" So I'm copying these 4 files from which .DMG? Base System, or the the MacOSXInstallESD? Lastly, do I just drag and drop the Extra folder in your zip to the root of the USB key? I'm already familiar with how to install the bootloader. I just wanted to clarify so I do this all correctly.

My english is no good...?or you dont understand this guide? :trumpet:

BASE SYSTEM.dmg is Lion installer..

• 5 weeks later...

I seem to be getting a Kernel Panic when trying to install :(

HWru6.jpg

Running a T61 7661, 2GM ram, T7300 C2D.

My only thought is that its the

/var/db/BootCache.playlist

error

TO FIX IT /KP/ and first boot needed:

GO TO INSTALLER /S/L/E

DELETE 2 KEXT:

AppleHDA.kext

Find AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins and delete ApplePolicyControl.kext

Boot again from installer and enjoy :thumbsup_anim:

GO TO INSTALLER /S/L/E

DELETE 2 KEXT:

AppleHDA.kext

Find AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins and delete ApplePolicyControl.kext

Well I tried that, and did the following (connected HDD back to my macmini):

1. Using Finder went to /System/Library/Extensions/
  2. rm -R AppleHDA.kext
  3. rm -R AppleGraphicsControl.kext/Contents/Plugins/ApplePolicyControl.kext
  4. Plugged in USB HDD to T61
  5. Still seen the /var/db/BootCache.playlist error upon boot, but it made it to the installer
  6. Passed the previous Kernel Panic spot, but got greeted with a "can't install on this computer" message in the installer following the language selection.

Da3yu.jpg

*sigh*

Your HDD is MBR?or GUID formated?

OK,now download and install this patch: OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.7.4)from here:

http://www.osx86.net/view/2705-osinstallmbr+osinstall.mpkg_10.7.x.html

After go again inside installer S/L/CoreService and delete this:PlatformSupport.plist

Good hack :thumbsup_anim:

• Like 1

GO TO INSTALLER /S/L/E

DELETE 2 KEXT:

AppleHDA.kext

Your HDD is MBR?or GUID formated?

OK,now download and install this patch: OSInstall(MBR)+OSInstall.mpkg(10.7.4)from here:

http://www.osx86.net...kg_10.7.x.html

After go again inside installer S/L/CoreService and delete this:PlatformSupport.plist

Good hack :thumbsup_anim:

Haha, thanks for the patient hand-holding :)

I got it working, it booted, I applied Chameleon, copied Extra, etc; tested rebooting... all worked.

Then I ran the VoodooAudio pkg :P and now it doesn't boot.. I get a white cursor in the top left corner, and nothing else.. trying to undo that now (if it goes on for longer, I will just reformat the machine and re-try as I currently can't boot into Lion following the Voodo Audio pkg install)

Quick update, I ended up re-installing the OS as I was unable to boot, after resintall I re-applied the Chameleon bootloader and all seems well, now the Voodoo Audio works from the previous setup (I didn't format the drive the 2nd time around, it just re-installed over the old, initial).

Anyway, right now seems to work, haven't tested sleep or anything apart from graphics / sound. Setting up custom WIFI adapter (MiniPCI-E Wireless Lan 802.11N Adapter)

Does the 'extra' zip include all the updates? Or do I have to individually update the DSDT sleep fix? etc;

Also how did you get the built in ethernet working? Doesn't work ootb

Thanks! Appreciate all the helpful input :)

• 2 weeks later...

@Husaber can you offer some assistance with the DSDT patching? I've never done it before and currently everything is running fine (sound, video, etc;) but I get sleep issues (close lid, etc)

Hackintosh 'dies' after being left alone for over 20 minutes (black screen machine on, assuming goes to sleep or something similar which causes a KP).

I've downloaded DSDT editor, and your DSDT sleep patch / zip. But when I Extract DSDT > Open Patch (select sleep .aml) it shows gibberish (so I haven't applied it).

Where do I go from here? Its *almost* stable... :P

Enable hibernate mode to 7

Unzip and Copy this file(DSDT.aml)inside Extra folder

On your com.apple.Boot.plist file add this command

<key>DSDT</key>

<string>/Extra/DSDT.aml</string>

And remember-maybe lidsleep working after close/open 2-4time lid and later work(i dont no why :wink2: )

And also-dont touch this DSDT.aml with DSDT editor,this is fixed... :thumbsup_anim:

DSDT.aml.zip

• 4 weeks later...

Hi HUSABER,

Thank you very much for this guide. I followed it exactly, and now have OSX Lion running on my T61. However, I have a few questions!

Does your battery information show up correctly? Mine just shows an "X" on the top of the screen.

Also is your sleep working? Mine looks like it will sleep, but then it just wakes itself!

I just tried applying your Brightness kext, and now my system is having trouble booting! EDIT: My system has trouble booting after trying to use sleep mode!

Any help?

Hi HUSABER,

Thank you very much for this guide. I followed it exactly, and now have OSX Lion running on my T61. However, I have a few questions!

Does your battery information show up correctly? Mine just shows an "X" on the top of the screen.

Also is your sleep working? Mine looks like it will sleep, but then it just wakes itself!

I just tried applying your Brightness kext, and now my system is having trouble booting! EDIT: My system has trouble booting after trying to use sleep mode!

Any help?

Yes battery is corectly,but with sleep you have big problem(your model is the same mine?)and you use fixed DSDT.aml?

For Brightness controll you need also the same DSDT.aml to load kext-and recomended run Lion in 32bit support(kext is 32 bit)

Enjoy

BatteryFix.zip

Yes battery is corectly,but with sleep you have big problem(your model is the same mine?)and you use fixed DSDT.aml?

For Brightness controll you need also the same DSDT.aml to load kext-and recomended run Lion in 32bit support(kext is 32 bit)

Enjoy

Everything seems to be working except my sleep! I had it working yesterday on 10.7.4 but tried 10.7.5 update and broke everything.

As we talked today I restarted using 10.7.5 installESD. I couldn't get sleep working on that, so I went back to 10.7.4. But I can't get sleep again! It wakes up by itself!

The first time I fixed it by disabling wake on LAN in bios. But it is disabled and sleep is still not working on it. When I wake and run pmset log, it says uhc4 is doing a dark wake.

Any help?

Yes,running in 2.5ghz,do nоt believe System report.

For internal Bluetooth maybe need to change adapter(Exept and WIFI card)

Good hack :wink2:

Yes,running in 2.5ghz,do nоt believe System report.

For internal Bluetooth maybe need to change adapter(Exept and WIFI card)

Good hack :wink2:

Thank you very much for all of your help!

EDIT: I will be posting my own guide within the next week :D

EDIT: One more thing - does your Voodoo HDA cause random kernel panics when you restart/shutdown? I get KPs from VoodooHDA unless I boot with "-x" Any ideas?

Hi HUSABER

i am new in the macosx stuff.

I also have a Lenovo T61 7664-R6G with the following hardware:

IBM Lenovo T61 type:7664-R6G

- C2D T8100 @2.1Ghz

- 4GB RAM DDR2

- HDD 320GB Sata 7200rpm

- Nvidia Quadro Nvs 140m

- Wireless Intel 4965AGN

- LAN wired Intel 82566MM 10/100/1000

- Integrated Fingerprint Reader (UPEK)

- Bluetooth Broadcom 2.1/Upgrade

It isn´t totally the same like yours, but is it possible to use your stuff to get it working?

YES ...Only need your extracted DSDT.aml from mashine(Not my) :wink2:

Thank you very much for all of your help!

EDIT: I will be posting my own guide within the next week :D

EDIT: One more thing - does your Voodoo HDA cause random kernel panics when you restart/shutdown? I get KPs from VoodooHDA unless I boot with "-x" Any ideas?

Hi,i use this metod to editing infoplist,and version 2.7.4

http://www.osx86.net..._installer.html

YES ...Only need your extracted DSDT.aml from mashine(Not my) :wink2:

Hi,i use this metod to editing infoplist,and version 2.7.4

http://www.osx86.net..._installer.html

Do you know the device ID of our machine? I have SoundMax integrated audio. However, it seems to be working fine now!

Also do you know if it's possible to "wake" the bluetooth hardware using a DSDT edit?

I know every device ID on my mashine,but why you no find your?this is easy... :wink2:

For Bluetooth:only this one need now,everything is OK,

Try it once myself.... :thumbsup_anim:

i say you 100 time-forget sleep issues on T61 :wallbash:

Or patch it inside DSDT for wakeup,im shuar,you understand this to fix it :thumbsup_anim: