Hung on PCI Config End, Thinkstation D20

envoys

10 posts in this topic

Hey All,

Have a Thinkstation D20 and trying to get Mountain Lion going but can't even get into install, it's hanging on the dreaded infamous "[ PCI configuration end, bridges 11 devices 31 ]" and right before it displays "RTC: Only Single RAM bank (128 bytes)" this is booting with or without npci=0x3000. Not sure if I need to boot with additional flags or not. It also has a marvell 64xx/63xx raid controller in raid 1 with 2x300gb HDD's, so I might just be wasting my time as I doubt that is even supported. CPU's are Dual Xeon X5650's @ 2.67GHz, 6 cores per processor and only have 4GB ram installed for now. Network is Broadcom NetXtreme Gigabit Ethernet.

If anyone can offer some assistance, that would be great icon_e_smile.gif Thanks.

Ok I replaced IOPCIFamily.kext and ran myhack's myfix on the usb device and now I can boot into the install, but as I thought, the internal drives are not listed, only the USB, and 2 dvd drives. On to the next step and see about getting them listed.

After some research, there is a company HighPoint that has a RocketRaid 2680 that uses a marvell chip 88SE6485. Mine is a 88SE6480. There is a legacy kext for this already called HighPointRR.kext. How would I go about getting my info to put into the info.plist for PCIPrimaryMatch to see if this is compatible?

After some research, there is a company HighPoint that has a RocketRaid 2680 that uses a marvell chip 88SE6485. Mine is a 88SE6480. There is a legacy kext for this already called HighPointRR.kext. How would I go about getting my info to put into the info.plist for PCIPrimaryMatch to see if this is compatible?

the kext.. right click it and show package contents.. there is the info.plist (from mac only .. not linux.. permissions)

the kext.. right click it and show package contents.. there is the info.plist (from mac only .. not linux.. permissions)

Yes I understand all this, but how would I go about gathering my ID's to put in this to see if the kext will load?

ok i figured it out, 0x648511ab is the correct one. Now i edited HighPointRR.kext/Contents/Info.plist and flushed cache etc and get at boot unsupported adapter. So there is another kext, HighPointIOP.kext, so I edited it's info.plist under the marvelliop section and on boot it now says "failed to map pci base address" any thoughts on this?

sounds like Device (PCI0) needs _UID, 0x00

or the address for that rocketpoint is in the driver is not same as your hardware.

Could you please elaborate on this for me? I am not sure what you mean by this....or if someone else can elaborate with more info, that'd be great to.

If you haven't already tried netkas IOPCI it fixed that PCI configuration error for me http://netkas.org/?p=1053

Yes I used netkas' IOPCI kext and it fixed the original issue for me, thanks.

The other issue coming up now is I don't seem to be able to boot normally, i always have to use -f on the kernel flags for the machine to work, if i don't, the boot hangs at various different parts, can't even pin it down, at one time it hung and it only showed a partial message, the last bit was cut off completely like the text was there just overwrote. Hard to explain...

Another issue, is when the monitor wakes from sleep, there are artifacts on the lock screen to enter my password and soon as I enter password, display goes back to completely normal...this is using an nvidia quadro 600.

Could you please elaborate on this for me? I am not sure what you mean by this....or if someone else can elaborate with more info, that'd be great to.

Yes I used netkas' IOPCI kext and it fixed the original issue for me, thanks.

The other issue coming up now is I don't seem to be able to boot normally, i always have to use -f on the kernel flags for the machine to work, if i don't, the boot hangs at various different parts, can't even pin it down, at one time it hung and it only showed a partial message, the last bit was cut off completely like the text was there just overwrote. Hard to explain...

Another issue, is when the monitor wakes from sleep, there are artifacts on the lock screen to enter my password and soon as I enter password, display goes back to completely normal...this is using an nvidia quadro 600.

UseKernelCache=No

then rebuild the caches.

your display card might not be exact fit for the driver.. possibly the rom

about my prior post.. some dsdts in some boards have _UID set to 0x01 or 0x04 when mac uses 0x00

the address .. well the driver is made for mac hardware. so it looks for specific address location for it.. ( theory) havent ran into it much cause i stick to compatible. if not i reearch different issues and fixes for it.